Home Off Topic

Arians and Winston

2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,980 Admiral
edited January 2019 in Off Topic #1
This could be a good combo. Arians is great at getting the most out of his QB’s. A lot of you on here don’t like Jameis but he has talent. If he can’t get there with Arians, then that will be it for him as far as a starting caliber QB. I think although this will work not only for Winston but the whole team. 

Replies

• kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,720 Admiral
    I don't see Winston, despite being talented, as having the leadership skills.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,980 Admiral
    kellercl said:
    Agree. If he can’t make it with Arians, then that will be it for him. 
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 11,663 AG
    Now all we need is some defense :):)
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
    Now all we need is some defense :):)
    Supposedly Todd Bowles.  MIght not have been a great head coach but as a coordinator, he is a good one.

• FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    edited January 2019 #6
    kellercl said:
    People are misinformed, Tampa has a good offensive.     Does Joe Flaco get the defense and management to do a better job?  
    edited January 2019 #7
    My point is more about him not getting constantly suspended and being a cancer in the locker room.  Offensive outside, your qb being suspended isn't helpful.

Winston has had two sexual allegations against him and two shop lifting allegations against him.  He isn't somebody I would franchise and count on.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    kellercl said:
    My point is more about him not getting constantly suspended and being a cancer in the locker room.  Offensive outside, your qb being suspended isn't helpful.

Winston has had two sexual allegations against him and two shop lifting allegations against him.  He isn't somebody I would franchise and count on.  
    Its a mute point because all that was known prior to the start of this season and they kept him anyway.   So you want a QB that performs like Winston but looks better doing it?   Who do you suggest that is all Im saying ?        
    edited January 2019 #9
    I'm saying Winston maybe unreliable, he gets into trouble regularly.  That would concern me if I were the coach.

Frankly I would not have drafted him.  I'm not surprised he is having off the field trouble.

-Walter Payton
  • ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,461 Captain
    Winston seems to have been through a growing up process this season.
    kellercl said:
    I'm saying Winston maybe unreliable, he gets into trouble regularly.  That would concern me if I were the coach.

Frankly I would not have drafted him.  I'm not surprised he is having off the field trouble.
    Water under the bridge going to have to get over it.......   
  • MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 2,201 Captain
    Im curious and hopeful how the new coach handles Winston.  

Id imagine Winston knows he better shape up or his butt will be gone after next year.  

• SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    edited January 2019 #13
    I’d like to see them cut him ( I know it would never happen), dude is a mess. I’d like to pull for the bucs again
    You should have been here yesterday
  • DOCKSIDEDOCKSIDE Posts: 1,873 Captain
    I hope I’d like to see them cut him ( I know it would never happen), dude is a mess. I’d like to pull for the bucs again
    Agreed. Sorry mofo sob//// Should be in prison...
    somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    ..............................................................................
    IBEW LU 433
    Arians would only go to a team that he thinks has a good QB intact.  Due to his track record, he probably knows a little bit more than any of us about QB’s
  • tunamantunaman Posts: 3,767 Captain
    They get some defense Winston will be just fine. Even the best web is no good on his back!! It’s shameful the lack of defense they have provided him. Well actually it’s quite shameful everything the do.
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,508 Admiral
    This thread is based on the premise that Bruce Arians played a role in the success of Ben Rothelsburger, Payton Manning, Carson Palmer, and Andrew Luck. This perception may be accurate but it may also be, these quarterbacks may very well have been the key to Coach Ariens success.
    To speculate that what may have been imparted in the past will somehow be imparted to Jameis Winston is another one of a series of long shots that the Bucs organization has been prone to over its history.
    Jameis Winston has several major differences from the 4 QB's mentioned above. 
    I have a lot more faith in Bruce's Ability to lead this team then I do J.W.. What Jameis Winston needs to learn he should have already picked up and I seriously doubt that Bruce can teach it to him.

The only thing that changed was the head coach, and Dirk Koetter was another long shot. 

Bruce Arians intended to retire in 2012 at 60 years old after his contract was not renewed by Pittsburgh.
    He announced his retirement at the end of last season where the Cardinals went 8-8. He opted out of his contract which had another year.
    Now he's 66. It's pretty clear to me what he really wants to do. This is not the future for the Bucs, just another way to generate some enthusiasm and sell the 2019 season tickets. I'll keep my enthusiasm tempered for right now. I think It's reasonable to expect more wins next year then this but.....that's not what most fans really want.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    This thread is based on the premise that Bruce Arians played a role in the success of Ben Rothelsburger, Payton Manning, Carson Palmer, and Andrew Luck. This perception may be accurate but it may also be, these quarterbacks may very well have been the key to Coach Ariens success.
    To speculate that what may have been imparted in the past will somehow be imparted to Jameis Winston is another one of a series of long shots that the Bucs organization has been prone to over its history.
    Jameis Winston has several major differences from the 4 QB's mentioned above. 
    I have a lot more faith in Bruce's Ability to lead this team then I do J.W.. What Jameis Winston needs to learn he should have already picked up and I seriously doubt that Bruce can teach it to him.

The only thing that changed was the head coach, and Dirk Koetter was another long shot. 

Bruce Arians intended to retire in 2012 at 60 years old after his contract was not renewed by Pittsburgh.
    He announced his retirement at the end of last season where the Cardinals went 8-8. He opted out of his contract which had another year.
    Now he's 66. It's pretty clear to me what he really wants to do. This is not the future for the Bucs, just another way to generate some enthusiasm and sell the 2019 season tickets. I'll keep my enthusiasm tempered for right now. I think It's reasonable to expect more wins next year then this but.....that's not what most fans really want.
    I literally disagree with just about everything you wrote here .   Arains is a great hire!   Most Bucs fans are apparently delusional.  
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,191 Captain
    tunaman said:
    They get some defense Winston will be just fine.
    Have you watched any of their games? Winston makes horrible decisions and that has nothing to do with the Defense. He had a LOT of interceptions this year.
    edited January 2019 #20
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,508 Admiral
    Finfinder said:

I literally disagree with just about everything you wrote here .   Arains is a great hire!   Most Bucs fans are apparently delusional.  
    Maybe he was the best choice ( MAYBE) but if you think he was a great hire.... I understand why you're so high on J.W.

I'm optimistic, I think he could be an improvement. And what's a 6th round pick worth when you have a G.M. like Jason Licht anyway?

Here's what he said last year:
    "The tears you see are really tears of joy, peace. I'll miss the players. I'll miss coming out of the locker room, hearing the national anthem because it still gets me ... I probably truly didn't know until that kick [Sunday] went through that I was going to retire. I know everybody speculated for months ... you now have the story. Like I said, it's been an unbelievable journey."

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    edited January 2019 #22
    I could care less about Winston and the Bucs my team plays the Rams Saturday.   Nice try though. 

Who is a better coaching choice and available QB ?  People can't change their minds??
    Am I mistaken, but didn't Winston have 19 TD and 14 INT?  That isn't exactly stellar.  The Bucs having a high ranked offense is because of the 4-5 games that Fitz went ballistic in.  

-Walter Payton
    I agree who do suggest to replace him?
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,763 AG
    Finfinder said:

Vote for the other candidate
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,191 Captain
    Finfinder said:
    I could care less about Winston and the Bucs my team plays the Rams Saturday.   

Then why did you click on this thread?
    edited January 2019 #27
    Finfinder said:
    I could care less about Winston and the Bucs my team plays the Rams Saturday.   

Then why did you click on this thread?
    Because the vacuum cleaner thread just wasn't doing it for me.  

Still waiting for someone to back up what they are posting and say who is a better alternative QB and Coach.    
  • ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,461 Captain
    Side stepping all the negative, I think that Winston went through a growing process this past season.
    I'm not ready to go all in, but he did show progress.
    He has the talent and could be a elite QB.  Time will tell.

-Walter Payton
  • Finfinder said:
    Looks like Tebow is gonna be getting laid, perhaps that will turn him into the QB he always wanted to be.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
    Finfinder said:
    Looks like Tebow is gonna be getting laid, perhaps that will turn him into the QB he always wanted to be.
    Perhaps but I prefer french toast over pancakes.