Home Off Topic

Final ap poll

SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
edited January 2019 in Off Topic #1
OSU number 3 over the 2 playoff finalists. Gators and Dawgs tied for number 7 :D
You should have been here yesterday

Replies

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,712 Moderator
    I would of put Texas where Georgia is.

Congrats to UCF and Kentucky.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    UCF's spot sounds about right. We will see where they are ranked when the pre-season rankings come out. My guess is that it will be somewhere in the top 15. 
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • Cane PoleCane Pole Stuart, FLAPosts: 9,928 Admiral
    UCF's spot sounds about right. We will see where they are ranked when the pre-season rankings come out. My guess is that it will be somewhere in the top 15. 
    Good call. ESPN has them at 14 for next year
    Live music 7 nights a week: http://www.terrafermata.com/_events
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,693 Admiral
    Looks like Clemson ought to be #1 next year.  Tired of seeing Bama #1 all the time.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    stc1993 said:
    Looks like Clemson ought to be #1 next year.  Tired of seeing Bama #1 all the time.
    Preseason rankings mean nothing 
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,444 AG
    stc1993 said:
    Preseason rankings mean nothing 
    You have that correct. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,712 Admiral
    edited January 2019 #8
    Preseason ranking matter some.  Being behind the pack makes it hard to climb the ladder.  That was part of UCF's issue, along with weak schedule.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,149 Captain
    Where are where are my ‘Noles? Teggart is gonna have them ready to play next season. 
    kellercl said:
    Preseason ranking matter some.  Being behind the pack makes it hard to climb the ladder.  That was part of UCF's issue, along with weak schedule.  
    It really doesn’t matter. Yea, it’s harder to claw your way up, but that’s how you have to do it it your not top 4 preseason. Ucf will never be top 4 preseason. So they won’t get in again because there is no way to impress the comitee
    kellercl said:
    UCF was 21 preseason and finished 11

Gators weren't even in the poll and finished number 7. 

Being behind the pack is not the issue. 

pottydoc said:
    Where are where are my ‘Noles? Teggart is gonna have them ready to play next season. 
    Now that is some funny stuff right there. 

Mini Mart Magnate

• pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,149 Captain
    Cad, if I just believe as much as I can, it will happen. 

Or maybe not. I’ll see what TTF thinks before my final decision. And I’ll decide it’s gonna be the opposite of what he says. I’m sure to be correct, then. 
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,712 Admiral
    I'm not saying it is a huge deal, but being in the front of the pack is helpful.  It also makes a loss less hurtful like with Michigan.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    kellercl said:
    I'm not saying it is a huge deal, but being in the front of the pack is helpful.  It also makes a loss less hurtful like with Michigan.
    Being in the top 25 after the first 5 games is helpful. Preseason is meaningless. Go to ESPN and look at preseason last year and see how different it was by week 6. 

Mini Mart Magnate

Cane Pole said:
    Good call. ESPN has them at 14 for next year
    I can accept 14 happily without any debate.
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
    kellercl said:
    It really doesn’t matter. Yea, it’s harder to claw your way up, but that’s how you have to do it it your not top 4 preseason. Ucf will never be top 4 preseason. So they won’t get in again because there is no way to impress the comitee
    I disagree, I think they can impress the committee as long as they blow every team they play out of the water which isnt impossible based off of how this season went. 
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,973 Admiral
    edited January 2019 #17
    Next season FSU will barley finish above .500 and squeak into a bowl.  They have a long way to go before they start competing with the top teams.
    Why?  They still rank top 10 in overall football talent.  Good class coming in. Except for Clemson ACC is  down at the moment which should be a good opportunity for FSU.  Good coaching should get them 8, even more wins. Gators went from 4 to 10 wins in a year so anything is possible. UCF (and a lot of other teams )have less overall talent but they are starting to be a force in college ball. 
    kellercl said:
    I disagree, I think they can impress the committee as long as they blow every team they play out of the water which isnt impossible based off of how this season went. 
    Then it wouldn’t matter if they were preseason 14 or 4. If they blow out every team like Clemson did to bama, then they will impress the comittee amd probably get in
    Next season FSU will barley finish above .500 and squeak into a bowl.  They have a long way to go before they start competing with the top teams.
    I though you said tag was a good coach. They have plenty of talent and a full recruiting year