Let us know if we can help with any cleaning/polishing/restoring projects

BillatstarbriteBillatstarbrite Posts: 520 Officer
And by "help" we mean offering advice on what to use, not getting all sweaty, lol 

Replies

• CatchandReleaseCatchandRelease Posts: 51 Greenhorn
    What is the difference between the color restorer and the premium restorer wax
  • BillatstarbriteBillatstarbrite Posts: 520 Officer
    Restorer Wax is more heavy duty than Color Restorer. It is intended for surfaces with fairly heavy oxidation, but not enough chalkiness to require a rubbing compound. 
    Okay thanks... So restorer wax has no rubbing compound and color restorer does? I thought you would need rubbing compound for heavy oxidation? Just trying to figure out what I would need.
    edited February 5 #5
    Neither of these products are a rubbing compound. You need rubbing compound for heavy, chalky oxidation. If you wipe your fingers across the surface and they come back white and chalky, reach for rubbing compound. If not, use a less aggressive product in order to not take off more of the gel coat than is absolutely necessary. 
    Restorer Wax is a bit more aggressive than Color Restorer. Neither is as aggressive as a rubbing compound.
    Neither of these products are a rubbing compound. You need rubbing compound for heavy, chalky oxidation. If you wipe your fingers across the surface and they come back white and chalky, reach for rubbing compound. If not, use a less aggressive product in order to not take off more of the gel coat than is absolutely necessary. 
    Restorer Wax is a bit more aggressive than Color Restorer. Neither is as aggressive as a rubbing compound.
    One more question.. Will this new Premium Restorer Wax harm any decals ? I won`t be using a rotary, only a DA orbital with an orange foam pad.
    Do NOT use ANY polish or Wax on decals. 

Polish or waxes are not intended for use on plastic - they can o=potentially damage some inferior quality decals