Thanks to Capt Dan Medina and Latty Witt 2

Came down to Matlacha for my semi annual fishing trip and family vacation Dec 29th thru Jan 5th. Earlier in Dec I posted question concerning depth to keeper grouper. Larrywitt and Capt Dan Medina posted accurate answers to my questions. Have asked questions on here before and  both always answer. This helps shorten the learning curve. You are lucky to have these gentlemen on your forum. My middle son and I fished Sun Dec 30 caught 1 keeper grouper and several layne snapper. Had purchased different boat and had to relearn anchoring as previous boat had spot lock trolling motor. Also with different depth finder determining rock bottom was different. Dec 31 kept 3 grouper and some Laynes. Tue Jan 1 kept 4 grouper 26 to 30” and some laynes. My middle son daughter in law and 2 grandsons went with me Wed Jan 2 son and daughter in law felt nauseous both grandsons caught keeper grouper one 26”. Thurs and Fri my son and I kept limits of grouper 26 to 30”. Heading back to Tnand plan on coming back in July

Replies

• bubbanorbubbanor Posts: 44 Greenhorn
    Larrywitt I hate spell check
  • kmagnusskmagnuss Posts: 2,830 Captain
    Good deal. That's what it's all about.
    Tarpon... everything else is just bait.
    Captain Keith Magnussen - Crooked Rod Charters
    Instagram is @crooked_rod_charters
  • SerotoninSerotonin Cape CoralPosts: 172 Deckhand
    I haven't met Larry yet but have fished with Dan. Between that experience and this board those 2 definitely are here to help. Congratulations on the successful trips
  • Capt Dan MedinaCapt Dan Medina Posts: 708 Officer
    congrats on your success! thats what its all about!
    www.SaltyFishingCharters.com 33 Ft World Cat Tournament Edition Catamaran
    Offshore Fishing Charters FT Myers, Sanibel, Captiva, Cape Coral
  • tilemantileman Posts: 1,092 Officer
    Hey serotonin, Haven't fished with Capt. Dan however,  ( Latty Witt ) larrywitt = good people. Larry's a really good fisherman, ( almost as good as me 😎) has great knowledge and is a pretty darn good guy, and handles that Trophy like a pro . Now with his new high tech GPS guided trolling/anchor motor I'm really happy to fish with him.....I'm not the anchor man any more ! Hey Larry, don't let your head get too big now. Oh, do I get a free fishing trip now!  😉
    Here's ta swimn' with bowllegged women!