Jensen Beach Trout and Snook

Capjohnson.mikeCapjohnson.mike Posts: 70 Greenhorn
Good Morning y’all. Happy New Year! Went out yesterday and had a really productive day. Fished some docks and went over and fished some flats. Utilized the tide and found moving water. And bait. A lot  of trout, over 20 fish and some little snook off docks, Jacks and ladies in the mix as well. I was using bass assasins doa shrimp and bait busters. It’s a great time to get on the water! 

Mike

Replies

• Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 2,897 Admin
    tight work, I will be in your neck of the woods for the next 6 weeks and may be wading myself.
    Mark P. Wilson
    Marine Surveyor, SAMS, ABYC
    Wilson Yacht Survey

• OverslotsOnlyOverslotsOnly Posts: 70 Greenhorn
    Capt Mike, 

Always appreciate your reports. Need to post a few of my own since I've been wading a little more recently. I just don't always login when I check the forum.

But seems like you've really been on the trout lately! My own time wading the IRL in St. Lucie County recently has produced a mid-slot redfish each trip (east side in the mangroves and west side along the docks), but seems like this recent warm weather has messed up the trout bite for me...or maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. I may catch one or two, but not the 20+ you've been reporting. Nice job!

-Adam
  • Capjohnson.mikeCapjohnson.mike Posts: 70 Greenhorn
    Thanks pardner! Sometimes it’s a grind to find them. Hope to see y’all out there