Sunday weather

Silly question but who else is headed out Sunday? I am rolling in about 4am to hopefully find some pins and run to 65ft tp set up at sunrise. Anyone want to make a few bucks and set some traps for me? Saves me about an hour with a sabiki rig. Hopefully the pattern holds and I get one more day in for grouper

Replies

• CaptainBlyCaptainBly Posts: 2,067 Captain
    I am going out Sunday as well.  Looks like a good weather day.  Plan is 95-100' for me again.  Won't be going out far enough to drop traps but going to mess around in the bay on Saturday.  If you want them between oneills and skyway or inside of skyway, I could drop them for you if you get them to me and get you coordinates but not going any further out than the skyway today.
    In Loving Memory of James Zielske, January 19, 1957-July 5, 2013
  • grey2112grey2112 Posts: 188 Deckhand
    Heading out of Crystal River power plant Sunday for some shallow-water grouper trolling and sheepshead fishing.  Looks like weather will be awesome, though seafog may be an issue for quite a while.

• J BoneJ Bone Posts: 172 Deckhand
    Im going to give it a go as well if we can get through the fog, may be a slow ride out 70-90ft pipe. Yellow seahunt 23 see you out there.
  • Mako224Mako224 Posts: 454 Deckhand
    When do you think fog will roll in? That's one thing I do not like to be out in with out radar. Is it just nearshore or offshore. 

Captain bly. Thanks for the offer. That's a little further south then me. With the fog I may plan on going later then earlier. 
  • Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 3,047 Moderator
    This type of fog with all the cloud cover, could linger for quite a while, no burn off from the sun. Foggy here in Pinellas right now.
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,490 Moderator
    I'm going out of Hudson.  Weather last nite said fog all day Saturday, and Sunday AM, but will burn off by mid day Sunday
    Make sure to keep your lights on, and go slow.  I'd say about 75% of the boats out there will NOT have their lights on.  Idiots.
  • szarmanszarman Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    I'm heading out around 9AM to about 15 miles off anclote.  Anyone have a report of how long it took fog to burn off today?  Taking my 5 year old son out and can push back to later in the day if needed.
    Tomorrow is calling for patchy fog till 1pm. The clouds have been eating here so hopefully that helps. If foggy I will take my time getting more pins..  we have a couple boats headed over from Clermont so we are watching the fog
  • SuperMutuSuperMutu Posts: 293 Deckhand
    Fog was terrible today.

Went about 20 miles out of Clearwater.  Did not het back to the dock until almost 9:00.
  • reel_dragreel_drag Posts: 81 Greenhorn
    Went out of Anclote today. Seas great today, but fog was a big issue. The fog burned off a little, so we proceed to our spot to troll. By 9:30-10 the fog thickened on us an we slowly made it back to land (at the worst we maybe had 30-50 yrds of viz). By noon it wasn't getting any better, actually seemed worst so we called it a day. If you have radar and know how to use it, that will be a big help.
  • RJMurphy4142RJMurphy4142 Posts: 134 Deckhand
    Did anybody fish gags off Manatee county on Saturday? 
  • szarmanszarman Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    12/30/18: Made it out to tarpon springs reef around 10:30AM and the fog was thick.  Sat on the reef with about 12 other boats just waiting for it to lift a little.  Around 11:15 it lifted enough to run another 2 miles out to an area of hard bottom I have.  Didn't catch anything there, but was still waiting for fog to clear a bit more.  By 1PM, it lifted enough to run to some good numbers I have about 15 miles out.  Got to the spot an instantly had a gag on ever bait down.  My 5 year old caught 2 keeper gags, and send back four that were 23.75".  We also got some nice mangos.  I would throw the rods in the holders and he would just crank them up.  He didn't want to leave, but we had to head back to the dock around 3.  I think if we bumped around a little to the 4-5 other numbers I have in that area we probably could have gotten into some more keepers, but no complaints.  Got back to the marina around 4 with smile still on his face.
  • Grouper GeniusGrouper Genius Posts: 1,284 Officer
    Went Sunday, I was really surprised how many boats were out there with no radar. 
    2400 CC Sea Chaser-Yamaha F250-Bad **** Tower (SOLD)
    Grady White 306 Bimini 300 Suzukis
    Hurricane 246 FunDeck
    szarman said:
    12/30/18: Made it out to tarpon springs reef around 10:30AM and the fog was thick.  Sat on the reef with about 12 other boats just waiting for it to lift a little.  Around 11:15 it lifted enough to run another 2 miles out to an area of hard bottom I have.  Didn't catch anything there, but was still waiting for fog to clear a bit more.  By 1PM, it lifted enough to run to some good numbers I have about 15 miles out.  Got to the spot an instantly had a gag on ever bait down.  My 5 year old caught 2 keeper gags, and send back four that were 23.75".  We also got some nice mangos.  I would throw the rods in the holders and he would just crank them up.  He didn't want to leave, but we had to head back to the dock around 3.  I think if we bumped around a little to the 4-5 other numbers I have in that area we probably could have gotten into some more keepers, but no complaints.  Got back to the marina around 4 with smile still on his face.

I think your speaker needs replacing - LOL.  Great picture - your kid will probably remember things like this for a lifetime.

Check out this movie on Magisto: closing out 2018 in style https://www.magisto.com/int/video/P1IRYF4RQiAxT01pYw?l=vsm&o=a&c=o via magisto.com

Quick video from Sunday. Yes foggy but lifted. We boated 17 mangos, lanes, one keeper bag and one nice scamp. Back in at 6pm. Fished 70ft allday