12/23 High speeding Fail

Left the dock a 5am, got to the spots at 630ish and trolled all day, trolled 120 live bottom for a few hours then trolled all the way out the the ledge, would mark massive bait schools and would troll over them and nothing. Then we trolled the 170-200 ledges for 2 hours... nothing, trolled back to the live bottom numbers and trolled till about 3PM when we decided to call it... No bites the whole day.  I keep hearing fish are in 120-130, then hear from others that i should fish the ledge. Water was green all the way out to 170 today

So anyone have any luck?

Replies

• ShivsShivs Posts: 43 Greenhorn
    No luck for us either we left out of St Augustine and headed due east until we ran into a nice temp break around 120ft.  So we put in the wahoo lures and trolled east at 15 knts until we hit the ledge and decided to catch some bottom fish rather than troll all day.  We ended up with a 2 man limit of vermilion snapper and few porgies and as many almacos as you wanted to reel in.  We also went out last tuesday and did the same thing but we managed to add a keeper mutton snapper to mix that day.   Both days the seas were relatively calm and we ran in at 40 knots.

Cobia 261CC
  • Graphix GuyGraphix Guy Posts: 34 Greenhorn
    Weird, wonder that green water gets all the way out there? 
  • Sea SnakeSea Snake Posts: 5,305 Admiral
    Weird, wonder that green water gets all the way out there? 
    PROLONGED AND STRONG WESTERLY WINDS.....would be my thinking.