snook reds and trout

Was fortunate to fish 4 out of 6 days. Last Thursday Ted took me out on the Withlacoochee river, launching out of Yankeetown.
Cool and a bit windy at 8 am. 

Headed to mouth to see what was stirring, nada. Water as low.  Went back up river a ways and Ted put us on a solid rat red bite for a couple hours. 

Sunday a I took couple Canadian fishing buddy's out and launched on the weeki wachi river

Started the day off with a nice 30 in snook, his 1st.

Moved on for reds and caught a whole bunch of 16 to 19 inchers. And a few trout for his 1st slam. Sun was gone as quick as it appeared. Some nasty weather came and went on and off, called it by 11.

Went back Monday morning for some more. I Started the day off with another nice snook, 27-3/4 in. Tough redfish bite that day. Did not try for trout, that would be the next day.

Tuesday they took me up to fish Cedar key for trout , fished with capt. Jimbo. Finally a nice day. A cold ride out. Nice bite on slot fish on both sides of the tide. Threw saltwater assassins for 5 hrs.  Fished with 3 great guys! Since I did not have my boat nor did i have to drive home, indulged a little on, too. Good stuff! 

As my dad used to say "why do I need to go on vacation, I live in Florida!?"

Replies

• SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 4,015 Captain
    Nice work
    You should have been here yesterday
  • xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,700 Captain
    Great report Kevin. They will want to come back soon. You guys caught some quality fish. You forgot to mention a three man limit of mango's too. Carol and I went today. After a bad start at the launch ramp(rope wrapped around the trailer tongue, then hung up on my guide ons. I looked like the three stooges rolled into one. Anyway  we caught 3 reds and 12 sea trout in three hours of fishing. 
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,991 Captain
    Man, four days would have completely wore me out! Nice marathon of fishing. 
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 4,868 Captain
    Great report Kevin. They will want to come back soon. You guys caught some quality fish. You forgot to mention a three man limit of mango's too. Carol and I went today. After a bad start at the launch ramp(rope wrapped around the trailer tongue, then hung up on my guide ons. I looked like the three stooges rolled into one. Anyway  we caught 3 reds and 12 sea trout in three hours of fishing. 
    I may or may not have witnessed that.  :)

Quality snook!
  • xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,700 Captain
    nick said
    I may or may not have witnessed that.  :)

Yes, that was icing on the embareassment cake.  :p  I think I'll just erase that launch from my mind.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • permit_mepermit_me Posts: 1,043 Officer
    We did hit a spring for mangos, thats right! And we got chewed up up by blackflies.
    Glad you guys made it out. Great to see you fishing with your wife. When you have a routine down and something changes seems to be when things can go astray a bit easier.
    I saw a guide with his new F150 totally submerged, lights pointing straight up shinning through the water and boat floating away early one morning at the Gandy boat ramp.

Ruff one, I'm still sore 2 days later. i usually only do that during tarpon season (short 4-5 hr early am trips), or when on vacation in the Keys). JOLO, baby!

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,059 Moderator
    Thanks for sharing !
    "You'll get your weather"
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,571 Captain
    fun week, well done