Frustrating redfish

im really beating my head against the wall with the reds. I have found red fish  in the same area two days in row but they will not eat and are very spooky. I’ve thrown every arti in the book the bait lands within ten feet of them they all spook. I have seen them lightly feeding but not tailing just looking for a lil spooky redfish advice. Tight lines thanks in advance 

Replies

• Eric BEric B Posts: 74 Greenhorn
    Have you tried fiddler crabs? Redfish scooby snacks! With these low tides they should be easy to find.
  • lukkyracerlukkyracer Posts: 632 Officer
    I'd go with shrimp or cut bait. Patience is key with the cold water temps.
  • sk018sk018 Posts: 2,846 Captain
    If you can land a free lined shrimp near them let it settle then pop it off the bottom, they will find it...Crab or even cut bait too
  • FusionZ06FusionZ06 Posts: 960 Officer
    Cut lady fish. 
  • permit_mepermit_me Posts: 918 Officer
    pitch a large shrimp - pinch tail off and hook up through tail end. no sinker. been working for snook too. keep leader at or below 20lb.
  • HallTHallT Posts: 21 Greenhorn
    If you can see them, they saw you 10 seconds earlier. Lots of pressure there and they are super spooky. Live shrimp is key.
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 2,784 Captain
    HallT said:
    If you can see them, they saw you 10 seconds earlier.
    Not always. I fish tailing redfish while wading all winter long with the fly rod and can get close enough to cast to them. You have to be very quiet though.