Home Conservation Front

What About Us?? The east Coast

RK McLeanRK McLean Posts: 10 Greenhorn
Is anyone out there noticing the total lack of attention, information, scientific data, catch counts, ANYTHING ON  THE EAST COAST!?
How much did they say we caught during our two measly weekends?
Why do we continue to have such a short season?
What is the prognosis for our season next year?
All we hear is Gulf Coast, Gulf Coast , Gulf Coast!  I applaud our gulf coast brothers for the attention they receive, but somehow the
Fed WF management  people seem to ignore the fact that Florida has TWO  COASTS!
We are drowning in RS over here and they gives us two weekends during egg spawning season.  Give us a break!  Give the RS a Break!
Does the Federal Wildlife Commission even have a clue??!!

RK McLean 

Replies

• xeniaxenia Posts: 878 Officer
    I fish the Miami area.  The only thing we are drowning in are boats.  When it comes to RS, they might as well be talking about Orange Roughy in the south Pacific. We don't get them here, never have, never will except for the occasional stray.
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,735 Captain
    Federal Wildlife Commission?
    You got the South Atlantic Council, just like we have the Gulf Council, both protecting commercial interests over the general public's.  That's your problem.
    There will never be a really free and enlightened state until the state comes to recognize the individual as a higher and independent power, from which all its own power and authority are derived.
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 12,045 AG
    feds pretty much got the commercials managed into a neat little box..

Now it's your turn, enjoy!
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • toomertoomer Posts: 344 Deckhand
    Great to have you back by the way.
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 5,125 Moderator
    spangler said:
    Federal Wildlife Commission?
    You got the South Atlantic Council, just like we have the Gulf Council, both protecting commercial interests over the general public's.  That's your problem.
    And Crabtree runs them both :(