PE 12/16 GREAT BITE DEEP DROPPING

2»

Replies

  • julimanjuliman Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    As an avid Deepdropper, I could not imagine fishing for that many rosies and I'm not even thinking conservation here.  Doesn't it getting boring after the 3rd or 4th drop?  Looks from your well arranged photo/fish you have between 60-80 fish.  The numbers I fish for GTs and Barrelfish have almost zero rosies but if I wanted to catch rosies I know where to go, but why?  Seems like you still get a thrill out of slaying the rosies.  Good for you!
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,564 Captain
    juliman said:
    As an avid Deepdropper, I could not imagine fishing for that many rosies and I'm not even thinking conservation here.  Doesn't it getting boring after the 3rd or 4th drop?  Looks from your well arranged photo/fish you have between 60-80 fish.  The numbers I fish for GTs and Barrelfish have almost zero rosies but if I wanted to catch rosies I know where to go, but why?  Seems like you still get a thrill out of slaying the rosies.  Good for you!
    I guess you did not read the post,i was having a Christmas
    party fish fry for my crews.GOOD FOR THEM!!!!
  • RunFishRunRunFishRun CaliforniaPosts: 5 Greenhorn
    Like a table full of colorful Crappie.  I'll take a plate of fried fish please.
  • CaptJCaptJ Posts: 666 Officer
    I don't think hook and line fisherman acting responsibly can put a dent in any of the fish stocks currently under restriction. If people would take what they need, and not over do it just because they can there would be plenty for all. Between poaching, environmental destruction, and the advent of superior electronics the fish are in trouble. I'm not condemning Plastered for his catch as it seems to me that he knows what he's doing, and doesn't do it every day. We are allowed to catch fish to eat. What about all the undersized snappers , groupers , etc, that are floating after being gut hooked then released? A few modifications to current regulations would go a long way. A commercial bottom long line fisherman wouldn't set to catch a hundred rosies. 
  • CaptJCaptJ Posts: 666 Officer
    To add to this discussion, I would suggest everyone watches Finding Joe Brooks. He preached conservation and education, but kept what he wanted to eat, but not more than he needed. Revolutionary idea.
  • Kokosing LoverKokosing Lover Posts: 503 Officer
    I think one of the points that is being missed is whether the deepwater scorpions are the best fish to target when supplying a big fish fry.  I think one of 38's points that has been missed is that other species if fish that grow faster, eat lower on the food chain and reproduce at higher rates would be better candidates for supplying a big event.  Most of the deepwater species are slow growers with limited potential for stock replenishment, due to the overall low food productivity of their habitat.  Contrast this with fish like grunts, yellowtail and others.  By all means, catch the deepwater fish and enjoy eating them, but maybe they aren't the best target for bulk supply of events, especially if everything is getting fried.
  • CountryBumpkinCountryBumpkin Fla. Piney WoodsPosts: 1,349 Officer
    edited January 14 #38
    Now ya'll are hating on him because he fried the dang fish??????

    Would you have approved if he was having a company fish grill instead of a fish fry???

    I wish some of ya'll would spend as much time hating and harassing the  inept council members that are slowly upsurping all of our recreational fishing rights, as you do piling on your forum brothers who are harvesting within seasons and limits.

    In case you haven't noticed, they have severely limited our choices already. ;)


    I say......I say son.......new & improved my tail feathers.

  • pk911pk911 Posts: 253 Deckhand
    they should delete this thread, Plastered made his point and it is a valid one. lets move on already. This rosie thread is the Russian Collusion of the sea LOL.  Lets talk about something productive. 
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,564 Captain
    pk911 said:
    they should delete this thread, Plastered made his point and it is a valid one. lets move on already. This rosie thread is the Russian Collusion of the sea LOL.  Lets talk about something productive. 
    Thanks PK the crazy thing on the same page i posted
    with pics of a nice bull we caught.6 REPLY HERE 39.
  • pk911pk911 Posts: 253 Deckhand
    say hello to Bob for me, tell him this is Pete Prior. I have fished with him before with his brother Ed as well.

  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,564 Captain
    pk911 said:
    say hello to Bob for me, tell him this is Pete Prior. I have fished with him before with his brother Ed as well.

    Will do,Bob captains my boat Ed does  not fish
    much anymore always on a cruise.

2»
Sign In or Register to comment.