Closure of Red Grouper December 12
From NOAA Fisheries:
- The recreational harvest of red grouper in South Atlantic federal waters will close at 12:01 a.m., local time, December 12, 2018.
- Recreational harvest will open at 12:01 a.m. (local time) on May 1, 2019.
WHY THIS CLOSURE IS HAPPENING:
- The 2018 recreational catch limit is 77,840 pounds whole weight.
- Recreational landings have exceeded the recreational catch limit; therefore, recreational harvest must close.
DURING THE CLOSURE:
- During the recreational closure, the bag and possession limits of red grouper in or from federal waters are zero.
- The prohibition on harvest or possession of red grouper applies in both state and federal waters for vessels that have a federal charter vessel/headboat permit for South Atlantic snapper-grouper.