Iland Lures Hoo-la Hood

GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 665 Officer
I think I'm going to add one of these to the tackle box.  Guess you have to one of everything.....Anyway curious what color everyone is using for this one?  Is it the "standard blue and white"?  I'm planning on running it straight back in the boat wash....was thinking about trying the Blue/E-Blue/E-White to add a light shine to the spread.....

Replies

• tijeretatijereta Posts: 222 Deckhand
    I run the purple/black using the down-rigger  in the prop wash.
    Sometimes I also run a skirt-less one with a naked ballyhoo. 
  • GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 665 Officer
    tijereta said:
    I run the purple/black using the down-rigger  in the prop wash.
    Sometimes I also run a skirt-less one with a naked ballyhoo. 
    Interesting....do you do well with them running there?  What usually hits them?
  • tijeretatijereta Posts: 222 Deckhand
    To be honest, most of the time it doesn't get a lot of action. Somedays it seems like it gets most of the hits from the spread. I have caught some quality fish from that set up. Dolphin and the occasional wahoo.  
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,109 Officer
    I have 20 of them. All rigged with pin and spring to hold a ballyhoo. Thats the only islander I troll.
  • GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 665 Officer
    Barrell said:
    I have 20 of them. All rigged with pin and spring to hold a ballyhoo. Thats the only islander I troll.
    I'm definitely adding them to more box.....I like to have a variety.  I was thinking of starting with the blue/white.....what do you think?