Skip to main content
Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

You Can't Turn This Deal Down!

Free Rat Terrier pup to a good home!

She's about 10 months old, and is one of the 2 or 3 most intelligent dogs I've ever been around. I just don't have the time or patience to raise another Terrier Pup! If you have children or grankids around she will make you the most perfect pet you'll ever have.

Saltygatorvet knows her and has done all of her veterinary work. Ask him about her! She's up to date on her shots, etc.

She needs attention, and I'm just too busy grinding grits and cornmeal to pay her the attention she deserves. Help me out, please, and better yet help this terrific pup out! 

Replies

• stc1993stc1993 Senior Member Posts: 10,414 AG
    edited November 2018 #2
    I'd take her if she wasn't so far away. I'm in Albany GA.

Maybe we could meet some where in between.  Do you have any pics of her?
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,235 Captain
    I'll take pictures of her tomorrow, and as soon as my Daughter gets in I'll get her to forward them to your phone. By Private Message you'll need to get me a mobile phone number for the pictures to be transferred. If you like, talk to David Woodham, saltygatorvet here on the Forum, for his opinions of the pup. She is deeply affectionate with me and my Grandkids, and we have a full tom cat just a few months older than the pup, and they virtually love each other and play together like you wouldn't believe. I just don't have time to devote to her like she needs---I work 36 hours a day, 9 days a week in my grist mill business. 
    Ok I'll send a PM. I TALKED IT OVER WITH MY WIFE she said she would love to have her.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet Senior Member TallahasseePosts: 5,807 Admiral
    She’s a sweet little dog. I hope it works out
    You should have been here yesterday
    Someone please tell me how to get to a private message sent? I'm so "electronically challenged" that I can't figure out the Florida Sportsman's Forum! 
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Moderator Posts: 25,081 Moderator
    Click on stc's name. It will take you to his message board. Upper right hand you will see a message tab. Click there.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

I might have done it wrong.  I went to your name & it said message.  Thats where i wrote it.
    It's there under your name woodsrunner.  Click on message at the top right hand side.  The inbox will show up. Click on that it should show up.  It did on my phone.

I've tried my best to do what each of you have said to do, and I get nowhere! So lets just go with my email address:

[email protected]

Send me your phone # and we'll work it out.

• BodineBodine Senior Member TallahasseePosts: 3,108 Captain
    Rich, you crack me up , gonna come see ya Sat morning to pick up some grits, will bring some Red Flame grapefruit for you to try out.
    F the feds
  • conchydongconchydong Senior Member Posts: 13,973 AG
    Hope the little girl finds a good home. I  didn't even try to type  b i t c h as it would get censored. 

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Rich I got the pictures.  She's a pretty nice looking dog.  I got to figure out a way to go get her.  We definately want her.  She'll have a good home.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet Senior Member TallahasseePosts: 5,807 Admiral
    That’s great
    You should have been here yesterday
    I know you live close to the FL GA line.  If you still want to give the dog away.  I need to know where I need to meet you at.
  • bbbbbb Senior Member Posts: 1,039 Officer
    I work in Tally and live in Bainbridge.  So I could transport it and save you an hour drive.  
    Thanks or the offer, bbb, but we met in Camilla a couple of days ago and made the transfer. And I'll be honest about it! I miss that darn little pup beyond belief. She loved me like crazy and looked me straight in the eye sad as heck on the ride up to meet stc1993. I'm convinced she knew what was happening.
    She's doing good.  My wife let her out on the dog run.  She hooked the leash to the snap on the cable instead of hooking it to the collar.  

She snapped the leash & took off for the woods.  She came back though it took a little calling.

I was at the hospital .they put my mom in the hospital this morning.

My wife said if you get to missing her & want her back she don't blame you.  She would give her back to you.

It's tough giving a pet. I hope your Mom is ok stc.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

Thank you Ferris it doesn't look good for her.  She broke out on her legs.  Dr said it was septic.  They got her on antibiotics 2 kinds.
    stc1993 said:
    Thank you Ferris it doesn't look good for her.  She broke out on her legs.  Dr said it was septic.  They got her on antibiotics 2 kinds.
    I'm sorry. I hate hear that. Well keep her and the family in our thoughts and prayers.

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)