Snapper and tuna for Thanksgiving...took family to Quepos, CR

Posting a few cool pics of our trip to Costa Rica last week.  Took the kids down with my parents.  2 days offshore was incredible: my 12 y/o and I landed our 1st blue marlins on same day!), huge mahi and sails, smaller tunas.  Also deep dropped (manual) for grouper, snappers, congrio (best fish I have EVER tasted), and others.  Fished "Frenzy" with Captain Jose.

Also did zip lining, 4 wheeling, waterfall excursions, hikes into rain forest, and day along the beach.  If anyone is interested, message me.  Stayed at Costa Verde Hotel.  Enjoy!
Tight Lines !!! For more information on a vasectomy, please visit www.gulfstreamurology.com.

Replies

• TunachaserTunachaser Posts: 204 Deckhand
    What a great trip, nice work Dad!!👍👍
  • PARKER26PARKER26 Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    Bad a$$ .  Memories for a lifetime.  Way to include kids!!👍🏻👍🏻
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,593 Captain
    Great catches and pics.
  • slolem66slolem66 Posts: 39 Greenhorn
    Going again in March. Costa Rica is a Great unspoiled fishing and visiting area. Glad you had a great time. 
  • pjepje Orlando , FlPosts: 663 Officer
    Costa Rica always delivers ...Glad you had a great time . 
  • xeniaxenia Posts: 362 Deckhand
    I've read about seamount about 130 miles offshore where boats have caught as many as 20 blues in one day.  Giant sails, yellowfin tuna, all the bottom fish you could want.  Not to mention the rain forest is full of really cool birds.  But yet Florida is the fishing capital of the world.  The chamber of commerce didn't coin that phrase did they?
  • pjepje Orlando , FlPosts: 663 Officer
    Yes the seamounts/FAD's off of CR are an awesome experience , we fish them fairly regularly . The fishing closer in is exceptional as well , sails , yft , mahi and marlin within 20 miles . I can't wait to get back down there .
  • CoastalCatchCoastalCatch Lighthouse PointPosts: 390 Deckhand
    Every picture tells a story...THANKS! :)

'The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.' ~ George Orwell

• blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 212 Deckhand
    Looks like a great time. Thank you for sharing.