wrecks and reef locations

so, yes, i know proven locations for reefs and wrecks for fishing are pretty guarded secrets for people who know good spots... but i am hoping there are some people willing to share info... 

as i have said before i am coing to florida with my own boat for 2 weeks of (hopefully) hardcore fishing and yes i like to practice conservation so hey! im not going to fish out your spots and i a canadian only visiting for 2 weeks! i have been planning this trip for 8 months working my **** off and researching all that i can. finding good proven wrecks and reefs to fish seems **** near impossible.

is anyone willing to share some GPS co-ordinates and the possible names to the wreck/reef? what kinds of fish they caught etc? you dont have to reply on this thread so your location isnt public, you can just PM me info. i know this is a long shot but hoping there are some nice people who will help me out and hopefully not give me false info to screw me over haha.

would love to hook up to some amberjacks if they are still around in the area during december and january. cobia is on my life bucket list too

Replies

• GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 826 Officer
    Not sure you'll get a lot of people sharing their personal sites but there are a number of reefs.   This site should give you some coordinates for a number of places.  I'd start their and maybe a local bait shop when you get to your location.  www.floridagofishing.com/reefs/gps-coordinates-florida-fishing-boating-diving.html 
  • JosephHEMIJosephHEMI delray beachPosts: 16 Greenhorn
    ya i have seen quite a few sites with gps coordinates to reefs and wrecks... but not all of them really 'exist' or have been depleted over years or the fishing just isnt there... i doubt i will get replies but its worth a shot... its been my dream to take my boat to south florida and fish out of it. only get 2 weeks to do so so i want to try and do all that i can to make it worth it
  • P91473P91473 Posts: 115 Deckhand
    A lot of the documented wrecks as expected are fished hard. Your best bet is to hire a guide for a day or two. Then go it alone. It will change the complete dynamic of your trip.
  • timmcollinstimmcollins Posts: 850 Officer
    Where do you plan to Fish, the South East is pretty big.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"
    delray down to fort lauderdale area
  • oldbigbucksoldbigbucks Posts: 168 Deckhand
    Google Palm Beach County Artificial Reef Program. It gives numbers for plenty of sites out of Boynton and Boca Inlets.
  • timmcollinstimmcollins Posts: 850 Officer
    edited November 2018 #8
    I love to vertical jig the Sucre aka the Johnny Morris wreck. It's straight out of Hillsboro Inlet in 200 foot of water, if I remember (It's been a year or so). The wreck runs North and South. It's got your standard reef fair plus big AJ's. It is also home to a few Goliath's that that will crush a 80W if loaded with a whole large lobster. Also drift a live Gog from Joe who sells bait at the inlet.(https://www.facebook.com/HillsboroInletLiveBait) (you can buy 3 or 4 for $20) Joe sells to to Kayak fisherman that only buy a few. Good shot at at a King or Sail.
    Report back with Pics.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"
    thank you so much tim! i was gunna say 200FOW for a wreck seems like a great start for some AJ's