Skip to main content
Home Boating

Two transducers

andyfboydandyfboyd Posts: 21 Deckhand
Looking for some advice.

I just bought a Lowrance with a totalscan transducer. I still have a humminbird helix 5 on the boat, I was planning to leave it. I heard that there can be electrical noise that affects performance. 

I want to ensure I get the best performance from the totalscan transducer. Can I run them both? If so, any tips on placement, installation so I get the best performance?

Replies

• Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,684 Captain
    Try them and if they interfere set your Humminbird to 83khtz.
  • Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Homosassa, FLPosts: 1,366 Officer
    edited November 2018 #3
    I run 2 Lowrance units with Totalscan transducers, and a Raymarine with an Airmar transducer with no interference problems. Normally while trolling I set one on sidescan, one on conventional sonar, and one on charting. But I fished yesterday and I set them all on 200khz and a down view for a few minutes to get a pic for you. No interference at all.

I have my transducers on opposite sides of the transom, but it shouldn't make any difference. The reflected cone shaped signal back from the bottom would cover the whole hull bottom anyway, and be would be picked up wherever the transducers are located.

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

I may not always agree with what you say,
    but I will always respect your right to be wrong!
  • andyfboydandyfboyd Posts: 21 Deckhand
    Thanks! This is great.
  • andyfboydandyfboyd Posts: 21 Deckhand
    I ran both transducers this weekend, looked great.