Offshore report 11/21

Made it out yesterday even though the 2-3 forecast was way off.  Big surprise I know.  More like 4+.  Turned out to be decent on the fishing front.  Had lines in about 745 which is about the earliest I've made it out there.  Tried high speed for the first couple of hours with nothing happening.  Decided to change it up after a while.  Found a nice rip with about a 2 degree temp change and trolled that for most of the day.  Switched up to ballyhoo and slowed down and started getting some action.  Found some tunas and a couple of mahi.  Finally got one wahoo in the boat.  Stayed on that rip with the scattered weeds and that's where the fish were.  Lots of bait on it.  Final tally was 6 tuna (4 black fin 2 skipjack) 1 mahi, lost one at the boat and one wahoo.  The ride back wasn't to bad.  It started laying down about 40 miles out.  Now its wait till the wind dies down to go again.  I'd post pics but only have a couple and I can't load them from here anyways. 

Replies

• bigslickbigslick Posts: 132 Deckhand
    Thanks for the report. I shouldve went!
  • DivergentDivergent Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    We went out of St.Augustine Wednesday to find rough seas also, it calmed down as we started our high speed spread at 105 feet depth. Hooked up on a nice wahoo shortly after 9am. Kept heading deeper and found a nice break around 120 depth and started getting hit by some nice bulls and cows. Put a wtfb feather out and hooked up with a nice king. All sign of life and fish caught between 110-140 depth. Ledge was non productive so we headed back in with plenty of meat and calmer seas for the ride in. Only saw one other boat out all day. 
  • BuncranaBuncrana Jacksonville BeachPosts: 5 Greenhorn
    Good report. If the forecast holds we will try Sunday.
    Intrepid 366 Trip Optis
  • ReefRocketReefRocket Jacksonville BeachPosts: 987 Officer
    About to head out on the Sea Dreamer, with Dennis and Bob.  Leaving out of Mayport to the Tuna Patch at day break.  Wahoooo exploration.  
    Bobby Riggins, 904-626-8407,
    REALTOR® AT EXIT REAL ESTATE GALLERY
    www.fl4sell.com
  • portusrogerportusroger Posts: 174 Deckhand
    About to head out on the Sea Dreamer, with Dennis and Bob.  Leaving out of Mayport to the Tuna Patch at day break.  Wahoooo exploration.  
    How did y’all do?