Andros Bones: Need a partner

flycasterflycaster Posts: 47 Greenhorn
My regular partner suddenly had to cancel on this trip and I'm looking for some one to fill his spot.  As you may know, bone fishing in the Andros Bight is world class.  If interested email me your phone number and we can talk.  Here are the particulars:

Fly into Nassau on 12/11, then catch quick flight (via LeAir) to Fresh Creek (arriving between 3-4pm,) Andros

$50 cab ride to Mt. Pleasant Fishing Lodge in Cargill Creek. Good home cooked breakfast and dinner. Lunch sandwiches/cookies/etc for the boat. Nice rooms with A/C. Cost about $1700 each plus staff tips.

From 12/12 through 12/17 (6 days) fish the North Bight 8 hours each day. It is a 5-8 minute ride from lodge to dock where our guide, Ricardo Mackey will meet us. About a 15 minute run to the Bight. Can expect to see and cast to many, many bones in beautiful shallow water. Can expect to see and catch quite a few bones in the 5-9 pound range. Should be sightings and casting to some bones in the 10+ pound range.

Cost to guide for 6 days fishing is $1200+tip

On 12/18 depart Fresh Creek on LeAir at around 7:15am for Nassau. Can be back at Ft. Lauderdale by 11:30am.

This will be my 4th time back to the Bight with Ricardo. To put it most succinctly: After many years of bone fishing, I have chosen the Bight to be my one and only bone fish destination...easiest to get to, most fish seen, largest fish seen, largest fish caught (9#), largest fish seen approximately 12-14#.

Replies

• sunflowersunflower Posts: 495 Deckhand
    Sounds like a super trip. I have been to Andros a couple times, and I can confirm how good it is. Sadly, I am still a working-guy, so I can't join you but I wish you a great time!
    Mark

grace finds goodness in everything ...

• lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 3,335 Captain
    That's a great sounding trip.. If you don't get a bid on this site, here are two addtional that might have one or two fly fishing fanatics (understatement...).

Microskiff. com - their fly board...
    http://www.flytyingforum.com/  look for their saltwater board... 

And if you trip works out -please post a report so the rest of us can dream....
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • flycasterflycaster Posts: 47 Greenhorn
    Thanks for you best wishes, Mark.  And, I wish you would have been able to join me...
    Thanks for the tip, Bob.  I've already posted on a couple of other forums and just can't believe that no one has yet been able to take advantage of a great bone fishing opportunity.  BTW, I am a member of the flytyingforum, and although i could sign in, I had to "resend validation," but the forum never got back to me and thus I can't post???

That's a great sounding trip.. If you don't get a bid on this site, here are two addtional that might have one or two fly fishing fanatics (understatement...).

Microskiff. com - their fly board...
    http://www.flytyingforum.com/  look for their saltwater board... 

And if you trip works out -please post a report so the rest of us can dream....