Brunswick Sheepshead Report - Wrap Fishing System = PB Sheep

Been a while since I had something worthy of a post, but I thought I would share this.  You can't buy fiddlers up here and I hate digging them.  A lot of guys use mussels, but they are a pain to keep on the hook.  I read a couple of posts from MM and SS from a while back talking about the wrap fishing system.  It is a nylon bag you squirt oysters into.  I got mine this weekend and managed to catch my PB sheep - 8 LBS.  This system is deadly.  I had actually caught two trash fish on the same oyster that I caught this fish on.  They just can't get the bait out of the mesh.  You can use circle hooks and just put the rod in a holder.  It is crazy awesome!
https://www.wrapfishingsystem.com/wrap-fishn-system-in-action.html#/

Replies

• Sea SnakeSea Snake Posts: 5,248 Admiral
    Good Job Ladder Man !!

It is a good system when you need something different !! 

Were you scraping barnacles, by chance ?
  • Ladder ManLadder Man Posts: 1,166 Officer
    Yes SS, I followed the instructions on your post.   Sure beat the heck out of digging for fiddlers in the cold wind.  I still can't believe how easy it is to hook them with this method.  No more stolen bait!
    Good deal. Congrats on your biggest sheep !!

now for that 10 pounder !!
    I am going to need a bigger net for a 10 LBer.  I could barely fit this one.  She hopped out into the rocks and I had to go in after.  It would have been a sight to be seen if there had been any witnesses.
  • TrevfishinTrevfishin Posts: 580 Officer
    Digging for fiddler crabs?  Odd, I usually take a solo cup or some plastic tupperware container, put it in the ground where the fiddlers are so the top to the container is even with the ground.  Place some shrimp, meat, bait of choice in the container and come back a couple of hours later and collect the catch.  Just know where the high tide line is so you don't flood the container.
  • Goo_fin_offGoo_fin_off MayportPosts: 9 Greenhorn
    Nice sheepie!!
  • BottomBumpinBottomBumpin Posts: 1,077 Officer
    nice Sheepie!  guess I need to check that method out once Hunting season is over...  thanks for the reminder!
  • andrewthe1andrewthe1 Posts: 681 Officer
    thats a nice one wtg ladderman!
    we need more internet money
  • bswivbswiv Posts: 7,113 Admiral
    Looks like we'll be giving that a try down here!!
    bswiv said:

Ben.....around those big bridges, ones where you scrape the barnacles...it's killer !!
  • bswivbswiv Posts: 7,113 Admiral
    Sea Snake said:
    bswiv said:

Ben.....around those big bridges, ones where you scrape the barnacles...it's killer !!
    Which size are you using?
    Type 1
  • fishwaltonfishwalton Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Very familiar with the 'wrap system'.   Highly effective.  Not unusual to catch several fish on same bait.  Oysters, clams, etc. best for sheepshead, but shrimp will work very well if you can't get the other. Make a shrimp coctail like shown on the mesh website and enjoy. 
  • Black WaterBlack Water Posts: 155 Deckhand
    Just wondering is there netting like that you can get cheaper?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." :fishing
  • Snatch-UmSnatch-Um Posts: 1,301 Officer
    panty hose