Key Biscayne Report Sat 11/17

Fished half day just south of the wrecks, set up in 140’. Seas solid 3-4ft...wind N - NW. Had  gogs and small pilchards. Dropped a gog of the stern before we began out first drift and immediately hooked a sail. It resulted in a clean release for the angler fought from a dead boat. Returned to the same spot after the fight and set up the kite. Before we could set the third bait out had another sail. Fish was all heart and fought for 45 minutes giving the same angler his second clean release again from a dead boat. We had to laugh when we released the sail as he had drifted into 19 ft of water. Had two other hits on livies drifted from the windward side and a cut off….so went 2 for 2 on sails but only 2 for 5 on hits. BTW…I know some will criticize for stressing the fish because we didn’t chase them down. But each sail was held off the side with water running through their gills for a full 5 - 7  minutes and each had their tail kicking before they were released…they both swam off in good condition.

Replies

• catchemupcatchemup Posts: 134 Deckhand
    This sail actually foul hooked with a circle hook at the base pf the pectoral fin... but swam off okay

• tank85tank85 Posts: 72 Greenhorn
    Good job. Was hoping to go tomorrow but wind is dying. Maybe later in the week
  • catchemupcatchemup Posts: 134 Deckhand
    My angler just sent me these pics...If you look carefully...you can actually see the bottom dark and light spots where the second sail was released  in just 19 ft of water !

• Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,626 Captain
    Nice catch and pics.