Saturday 11/17

Who is going?

Replies

• cftsmokecftsmoke JacksonvillePosts: 105 Deckhand
    I’d love to but still looks like it’ll be blowing. May not get a shot til Sunday. Am traveling but will look every night and update. 
    2005 Everglades 290 Pilot.  Twin 250 Verados.
  • bigslickbigslick Posts: 99 Greenhorn
    I'm looking at sunday to get offshore.
  • jaxnole23jaxnole23 Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    Think I will just try and find some of these pompano that everybody is catching
  • SkurveSkurve Jacksonville, FLPosts: 6 Greenhorn
    Might be too bouncy for us! Although I am hoping for a positive forecast update later today. Winds just won't stop! 
    28ft Hydra Sport 

• ShivsShivs Posts: 40 Greenhorn
    I am planning on heading offshore Sunday.
    Cobia 261CC
  • portusrogerportusroger Posts: 152 Deckhand
    Leaving mayport at 5 am looking for some Hoo
  • bigslickbigslick Posts: 99 Greenhorn
    Hopefully someone that got out today will give an accurate account of the sea state. I'm convinced NOAA doesn't want us to fish and forecasts higher than it usually is. I'm still trying to go Sunday,  weather permitting.
    bigslick said:
    Hopefully someone that got out today will give an accurate account of the sea state. I'm convinced NOAA doesn't want us to fish and forecasts higher than it usually is. I'm still trying to go Sunday,  weather permitting.
    The forcast was accurate, it was snotty out there with the wind out of the north. We trolled out to 400ft then came back in and hit some bottom spots. The bottom fishing was very good. Plenty of triggers and footballs, and we had to move spots a few times just to get away from snappers. And we only got 1 hoo on the troll.
  • cftsmokecftsmoke JacksonvillePosts: 105 Deckhand
    Didn’t leave mayport today until 1130- and turned back in before 9 mile. It was snotty- guessing 4-6’ rollers with no separation.  While coming back in we Watched a sailboat founder at the inlet and almost end up on the south jetty. Yeah, it was snotty for something my size. Not dangerous, just not fun for the crew .  Hope it breaks soon
    2005 Everglades 290 Pilot.  Twin 250 Verados.
  • ShivsShivs Posts: 40 Greenhorn
    We went out of st augustine this morning and the inlet was a mess.   We ran out to capo wreck area and it was nasty, so we trolled for awhile and tried some bottom spots on the way in.  We caught a few bonito and that is about it.

Cobia 261CC
    There’s a pic of our only hoo from Saturday.