Banana river reports??

Just got back from a 6month road trip with my wife anyway I see zero reports for the banana river?..Since I have been back I have fished thousand Islands , Bird Island , and some old haunts by Patrick..and have only managed a couple small trout..I have seen a increase in bait activity since this last little front that passed through..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• straygeckostraygecko Cocoa BeachPosts: 72 Greenhorn
    Last weekend redfish bite in the 1k islands was good with chunk mullet on the mangroves, partucularly where the wind was blowing into the shore.  Before that it had been pretty slow.  I'm rarely finding trout these days.
  • Belfast BillBelfast Bill Posts: 56 Greenhorn
    Hi all, any more information on this venue please, or would I be better fishing the Surf?

Thanks'for any advice coming,
     Bill.
  • Epalm88Epalm88 Posts: 39 Greenhorn
    I fished the west side of the no motor zone Sunday with no luck.  Water was high and dirty and the fog all morning did not help either.
  • mako2567mako2567 Posts: 283 Deckhand
    I have been fishing 1k Islands and doing well with the trout no killers but plenty of them all on plastic baits..Gonna fish Friday morning and see what this front has done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Belfast BillBelfast Bill Posts: 56 Greenhorn
    Thanks all, just four weeks until i'm there.
    Been stuck with remodeling my master bath..ughh..Back and ready to fish, anymore banana river reports??.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FishseekerFishseeker Posts: 79 Greenhorn
    I fished the 1k islands last week.
    severl trout to 23” and small reds -all but one seemed to be right at 17”, but one took be to town (mangroves actually) and got off after 8 minutes or so.
    allcaught on paddletails
    Just had to empower..so been out of commission..Fishseeker thanks for the report...may fish tommorow. Thanks again..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Had to put some break in hours on the new 250...look what I found.Fished just south of 528 bridge 62 degree water had 5 trout all very healthy and all where in the 20" range.Caught them on slayer paddle tails chartreuse and silver..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HooknCooksHooknCooks OrlandoPosts: 83 Greenhorn
    Mako, you did better than I.  I fished an area close to where you were and all I got was a bluefish.
    Mako, you did better than I.  I fished an area close to where you were and all I got was a bluefish.
    I was way back in the canal..that's the canal I live on ...the trout are there..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]