These Center Consoles are getting MONSTROUS..

Grouper GeniusGrouper Genius Posts: 1,188 Officer
For the size and price, I would prefer something like a Hatteras sport fisher.

https://www.powerandmotoryacht.com/boats/first-look-hcb-65-estrella

2400 CC Sea Chaser-Yamaha F250-Bad **** Tower (SOLD)
Grady White 306 Bimini 300 Suzukis
Hurricane 246 FunDeck

Replies

• tagtag Posts: 8,788 Admiral
    That will be my dingy on my next boat
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,186 Admiral
    That thing is just stupid expensive.    But if you've got the money I guess enjoy.  
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 26,975 AG

I never understood theoint of a CC that size. I'm with you, for that kind of money, I want to be able to spend a month in A/C comfort at night for a month.
    Vote for the other candidate
    Mister-Jr said:

I never understood theoint of a CC that size. I'm with you, for that kind of money, I want to be able to spend a month in A/C comfort at night for a month.
    you would think a Viking or something like that would be what would be popular, but they're not right now compared to these sand bar specials.   If I had the money I'd have something like that, and then a smaller CC for fishing.   And then a flats boat for the shallows.   But if you have the $$ you can. 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Capt KurtCapt Kurt Posts: 342 Deckhand
    Hatteras vs. Estrella

Both have big Hull & can therefore handle a good sea, but Estrella is much faster.  Can get to out islands quicker.  Take more out island trips.  Estrella is more versatile a fishing boat.  Can fish all around the boat instead of just at the stern.  Estrella is easier and quicker to clean.  Most people who can afford these boats, are not staying onboard when they reach their destination, so although it's nice to have a bedroom and kitchen, these rooms are not often used. Estrella easier for an owner to operate, less need to hire a captain.  Head turning, Estrella wins.  Hatteras seen one, seen them all.  
    visit Pure Pilates in Fort Lauderdale - http://www.pure-pilates.net
    I'd take the Hatteras all day but then I love the creature comforts and overnight capabilities, that and if I were going to jump over to the Bahamas, like you said they're a dime a dozen and the drug runners aren't going to target them like they do with the CCs with monster outboards on back.   

It's a cool boat, the Estrella, I just don't see the practicality of any CC that is bigger than 38' or so.   After that you're just showing off. 
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 4,857 Captain
    I wonder how many of those things they actually sell, there was a guy on the Steinhatchee river that had a 52' CC. But, it wasn't as wide as that monster.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • cftsmokecftsmoke JacksonvillePosts: 63 Greenhorn
    I was just down in Stuart and stopped by the contender/regulator dealer (I’m a sucker for a row of nice centers).  We got on a 2 different 41’ regulators - one with trips 300s and one wih quad 425s.  Awesome boats and huge even at 41-43’.  The $1.2M to $1.4M price seemed crazy For a center IMO.  But if you can feed the beasts on the back, the price tag is probably not a concern.  
    2005 Everglades 290 Pilot.  Twin 250 Verados.