Still a strong redfish bite south of Naples

JW_YakAnglerJW_YakAngler NaplesPosts: 60 Greenhorn
I got out again Saturday south of Naples and found the redfish are still there. Two weeks ago I got 10 reds in 3 hours after sunset. Last week I got 4 in the last 45 minutes before sunset, including a nice fish just shy of 26 inches. This time I got 7 reds in the kayak. Most are in the 13-17 inch range, so in a few months things will get interesting if they stay around.

Replies

• backyardhockeybackyardhockey Posts: 129 Deckhand
    Great dtuff
  • krashkrash Posts: 584 Officer
    Nice report.. what is South of Naples, thought most everything was East from there or water.

Old Fugger who just likes to fish
  • JW_YakAnglerJW_YakAngler NaplesPosts: 60 Greenhorn
    krash said:
    Nice report.. what is South of Naples, thought most everything was East from there or water.

Lots of land south of Naples, just not a lot of roads. South of Naples is Rookery Bay Preserve, Isles of Capri, Marco Island, the 10K islands, and the Everglades, in that order.
    I guess as a Miami native I'd a called that East of Naples.... farther South you also have the Keys. I have friends that live in Choko and fish over there once in a while... 

edited November 14 #6
    krash said:
    I guess as a Miami native I'd a called that East of Naples.... farther South you also have the Keys. I have friends that live in Choko and fish over there once in a while... 

Yeah I know what you are thinking, but Naples extends a lot further east than the dot on the map. For most of us non millionaires who live 20-30 minutes inland, all that is due south. My address is Naples, but Marco Island is actually south WEST of me. Choko and Everglades City are only slightly east of me, so when I drive there I am driving way further south than east(about 50 min. south and 10 east to be precise).

What you catchin' in Choko?
    Have not been in a few months, and my freinds' was on the road, but last time was Snooklets and Troutski's (South Oyster bars and mouth of the river).

Been kind of lazy, plus loss of energy, but pulled the Native off the rack yesterday and washed it up to get ready, although my car has been in the Honda shop for 2 weeks now hope to get it back today or tomorrow and get out again soon.
    edited November 17 #8
    I haven't been down there for a couple months. Last time was a lot of juvenile fish, especially reds, on the inside, but there should be bigger ones showing up on the inside now. I have been fishing Isles of Capri lately, but ready for a change of scenery.