Boynton Tuesday and Wednesday

I was fortunate enough to get out two days this week We trolled from 100 to 300' from the inlet north to Sloans. We ended up with dolphin, kings and black fin, no really big fish, but some good eats. There are thousands of black fin out there and they are pretty easy to find. The vast majority of the tuna are very small fish, but if you're persistent and patient, you can score a couple to take home and enjoy. We were able to get tuna on the troll as well as throwing a couple small buck tails at them. 
Best lures were the Rattle Jet in purple and in pink, a daisy chain made with purple/pink small squid and a mini Islander in pink/white with a ballyhoo. 

Replies

• FrydaddyFrydaddy Boynton BeachPosts: 416 Deckhand
    Nice jod thanks for the post
  • Conchy CritterConchy Critter Posts: 1,712 Captain
    Nice!! Of course I had to be out of town and couldn't join you guys.  :'(
  • TunachaserTunachaser Posts: 173 Deckhand
    Thanks for the post/info👍👍
  • jman122jman122 33478Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    Hope to see some of those blackfin on Saturday morning!
  • blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 198 Deckhand
    Thank you for the report Blue H2O. 
  • brianbbrianb Posts: 2,278 Captain
    I went out last night and caught crap but a tiny bft
  • JosephHEMIJosephHEMI delray beachPosts: 6 Greenhorn
    i find this very interesting, that all i ever thought and 'learned' that most pelagic species like tuna, mahi, AJ's and the sorts of fish have moved away from southeast florida by this time in search of warmer waters. nice to guy you guys are getting good days out there!
  • GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 553 Officer
    Interesting about the black fins, I haven't caught one since the spring but I hear others getting them.  Were you getting them at all depths or was there a favorite?   Were they all on the troll?
  • AftershockAftershock Posts: 204 Deckhand
    Thanks for the good report.  I'm heading out with a tuna spread tomorrow.
  • bmoodybmoody Posts: 961 Officer
    Sweet.  I think fish have been around, but not easy or "traditional", this year.
  • copperzcopperz Posts: 97 Greenhorn
    Plenty of tuna. It was hard to get away from them.