Capt. George Hyde/Hardway

Our dad, Capt. George Hyde is in hospice at home.  He wanted us to post this as his last sign off.
"Dear Fellow Fishing Members and lovers of the Everglades.  This is my last sign off and I hope you all will continue to enjoy the abounding outdoors as much as I have.  Please try and take care of one another and also take care of the environment.  A special note to Ashley at the bait store, he said to tell you he still has 5 dozen shrimp in the freezer after he asked you for 3 dozen the last time he was in.  Many thanks for all of your friendships and fellowship.  All the best to you, Capt. George Hyde, The Voice of Reason (Hardway).

Dad has been the most wonderful father of 3 daughters who love to fish, teacher, mentor, confidante and admirer of all things outdoors.  He and mom have been married for 59 years.  We will all miss him terribly when the time comes.

In the meantime, if you have any stories or words for him that you would like my sisters and I to relate to him, please do.

Replies

• Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,283 Moderator
    edited November 13 #2
    God Bless you all.
    Support the Snook & Gamefish Foundation
    http://sgf.gamefishcloud.com/

Angler Action Program: IAngler app trip log on your phone
    Please tell Capt. George that I'm very grateful for all our trips on the old Wellcraft. We had some great trips to the park in the old boat and yellow van.I have some very fond memories of us fishing the Glades, Government Cut, Marco, Jack hole. Fly fishing for bass in the aluminum boat off Krome Ave. I learned alot. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. you made us laugh and now cry. Priceless memories...God Bless you...Pete Silot  

edited November 13 #4
    lemaymiami
    lemaymiami Posts: 3,001 Captain
    Never got to fish with Hardway..... Hope the fishing is as good as he deserves after crossing that bar... Sounds like a great family for that much needed support.  When I think of all the great fishermen that have loved the 'Glades and had to leave it... and every one of them a true gentleman... it's enough to do a bit of praying over... Hope I'm worth a word or two when it's my turn.
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
    Reelthief
    Reelthief Posts: 78 Greenhorn
    Godspeed Captain George. I never had the honor of meeting or fishing with you, but I hope we get a chance on the other side one day. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Krabby
    Krabby Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Thank you for all of your kind wishes and prayers.
    We appreciate them.

Jack Hexter
    Jack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,273 Moderator
    Just received word that my friend Capt George Hyde, (Hardway) has passed
    furntale
    furntale Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    HARDWAY - Capt George the voice of experience gave me many years of great fishing & boating experiences. He was ever ready to share knowledge and help to anyone. George enjoyed it all, offshore, nearshore, inshore, freshwater, or salt water. Don't think he ever passed a broken down rig on the road to or from Flamingo without checking to see if he could provide any assistance. George was like a sponge absorping the environment & the moment(s) even during lunch breaks. I will truly miss him.
    Krabby
    Krabby Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Capt. George Hyde passed away on Friday, November 9 in the afternoon.  A Celebration of Life service is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, November 24 at 2pm.  Sunrise Presbyterian Church, Miami Lakes, FL.  Waiting for a confirmation from the church that they are available. 

We appreciate all of your thoughts, prayers and memories.  Dad was very special and will be missed.
    pk911
    pk911 Posts: 249 Deckhand
    my condolences to his family and friends