Some freezer meat out of storm ravaged woods...

Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,895 Moderator
Made it out yesterday and"climbed" maybe 12 feet up the remaining portion of pine I killed my first buck ever out of maybe 15 years ago.   

Shortly thereafter two does and a yearling came by.   Bigger doe was without Fawn and I elected to let one fly.   Tons of daylight left, and I felt really good about the shot, but I didn't want to continue hunting.   Got my hands on her maybe 30 minutes later.  

No a deer you'll find people bragging over, but considering the past month here in Panama City, it felt really good.  

"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"

Replies

• Big MakBig Mak Posts: 1,710 Captain
    Let's EAT!
  • ChonggChongg Posts: 486 Deckhand
    Hey man, I’ll take a hunt like than any day. clean shot, easy recovery, meat in the freezer. Nice job.
  • nofishtodaynofishtoday Posts: 1,102 Officer
    Congrats 
  • joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 1,949 Captain
    Congrats x 2.  Nice pics also.
  • bowhunter4lifebowhunter4life Posts: 1,020 Officer
    Nice shot! Gotta love a good blood trail.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,544 Moderator
    Nice shot !
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,161 Admiral
    Nice job! 
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 1,400 Officer

No a deer you'll find people bragging over, but considering the past month here in Panama City, it felt really good.  

Those last 3 words are what really count in any hunt.

Hope everyone up there gets back on their feet soon.

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 12,552 AG
    Congrats Blair.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • gator4evergator4ever Posts: 2,524 Captain
    Nothing wrong with that. Good shot good eating congrats.
    "sometimes it's OK just to kill a little time" my grandpa 1972
  • ibhuntngibhuntng Posts: 71 Greenhorn
    Awesome congrats!
  • dannosdoormatsdannosdoormats Posts: 180 Deckhand
    That 1st photo really shows how much Timber has been cleared by that Hurricane!!

• FilthFilth Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    man.....where have you been running that prop?
  • Oscar92Oscar92 OrlandoPosts: 12 Greenhorn
    Filth said:
    😂😂
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,895 Moderator
    For past twenty years I've been running it all over the West coast of Florida, keys and Bahamas.  Past two weeks I've been running it all around Panama City.  

Boat was a hurricane casualty.  Wound up upside down in about a foot of water after having crossed some rip rap while upright.  Couple weeks ago I salvaged the wheel, struts and section of keel as a keepsake.  Still don't have my porch in order and it weighs shot a hundred pounds.  Will eventually display it on porch.  In meantime it's been riding in back of truck.  
  • bswivbswiv Posts: 7,026 Admiral
    Makes darn good sense to me.

Guys in the club know that we want them to take hogs when they get the chance but much to their credit they will not unless they have a place to more the meat. Which works out at times......like last week when one of the guys showed up at the barn with a 150 sow for us. 

My point......good eating is always a positive.....that you made such a fine shot counts for even more.
    Oscar92 said:
    Filth said:
    😂😂
    I had a hard time "quoting" folks from the phone at work today.  

If you've got any more questions about the "prop" please feel free to PM me.  

Blair
    Filth said:
    Read above, slick.  

If you have any more questions, ask away.  If not, just show up with a ton of equipment to salvage and box of Kleenex.

• spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 741 Officer
    edited November 10 #20
    Nice work Panhandler80!  I'm sure you know someone already, but I've got a good guy if you're lookin to repair that prop.  He might do it pro bono or just for material, given the circumstance.  That's a small one for him and it's outta the water ;)
    Thanks for offer to help.   Unfortunately, I see no reason to work on this one.   I'll either go with bigger boat, or be boatless.   Plus this will be something neat to have off of her.