Peck Lake Reports?

My brother is coming in for the race in palm beach this weekend and have a chance to fish with him on Saturday.  Any reports on the Macs at pecks lake?  I haven't been this season yet but looking to go put him on some action.  Thanks.  

Replies

• mik8881mik8881 Posts: 111 Deckhand
    I don’t think they have shown up yet . 
  • MakoLogicMakoLogic Posts: 614 Officer
    i saw lots of surface activity last weekend on the south side of sli inlet towards Pecks.  assumed they were Mack's but who knows could have been bluefish or ?? .  
    Fisherman, outdoors enthusiast, and software geek (not necessarily in that order, depending on the day)
    www.makologic.com
    [email protected]

Formerly TxToFl...
  • Aquaholic IVAquaholic IV Posts: 781 Officer
    MakoLogic said:
    i saw lots of surface activity last weekend on the south side of sli inlet towards Pecks.  assumed they were Mack's but who knows could have been bluefish or ?? .  
    Or Ladyfish
  • blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 198 Deckhand
    Not sure about Pecks lake but I know they are in the Fort Pierce area. I have been catching them in the inlet. 
  • hhfishermanhhfisherman Posts: 92 Greenhorn
    They will be there around Thanksgiving.
  • joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 1,951 Captain
    Could someone please tell me the closest public ramp to Pecks.  Thank you.
  • MakoLogicMakoLogic Posts: 614 Officer
    sandsprit is probably easiest/closest
    Fisherman, outdoors enthusiast, and software geek (not necessarily in that order, depending on the day)
    www.makologic.com
    [email protected]

Formerly TxToFl...
  • joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 1,951 Captain
    Thank you.  We need an alternative area when the wind keeps us off the big water.
  • ASK KNOTASK KNOT Posts: 89 Greenhorn
    I started this thread before my brother came down.  Check out the thread on "story: Insurance" to see how it turned out.  Maybe go for macs in a couple weeks.  
  • b1gdog83b1gdog83 Posts: 107 Deckhand
    I live in Boca Raton and thinking of making this trip up there once the Macks show up.  I was wondering what else can be targeted in the area of Pecks Lake. I'd like to have a back up plan if the Macks arent around. 
  • SouthForkSouthFork Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    I saw them this morning off Stuart Beach while surf fishing.
  • The Cat's EyeThe Cat's Eye Posts: 1,213 Officer

Every time i see a post about "Peck's Lake" mackerel i think of a fishing trip a former fishing buddy of mine from Dade County did when he took a mini vacation up to Stuart. After he and his wife launched at the above mentioned boat ramp in their 17 ft open fisherman, they ran south in the Intercoastal to the actual body of water that is named Peck's Lake to fish for mackerel.  Of course they found themselves alone there and caught no mackerel or anything of merit. He was and still is a Googan and is notorious for not being able to navigate simple bodies of water. Strange as it seems his IQ seems to drop fifty points when ever he takes the helm of one of the two boats he owns. (On land he seems to be a smart guy??)

Giimoozaabi
  • mik8881mik8881 Posts: 111 Deckhand
    b1gdog83 kingfish are in that area and there are plenty of reefs a bit deeper to bottom fish.