Home Off Topic

Gun-Related Injuries Send More Than 8,000 Kids A Year To The ER

Replies

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,752 AG
    Mister-Jr said:
    Guns don't kill people. Place any gun of you choice loaded and ready to fire on the kitchen table. Let us know how many time you walk past it before the gun shoots you.....

For gun control I suggest a firm grip with both hands.....As I started this post. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Research how many people die in hospitals from car accidents, overdose on illegal drugs, suicide, and prescribed medications. 

Until we start cutting peoples legs off for steeling cars they will still be able to reach the pedals. 

Parents are responsible for raising their children know what is right and wrong and that there are consequences for their actions.
    Guns just make it easier for people to kill other people.
    So do knives,  medication, eye drops, cars, selfies, bats, dogs....... 

In non-medical terms, that reply is known as desperation.  Knives, medications, eye drops, cars, selfies, bats, dogs are not designed to kill.  Guns were designed and manufactured to kill as their original intent.  
    Vote for the other candidate
  • HomerSimpsonHomerSimpson Posts: 6,573 Admiral
    Cyclist said:

Make it illegal then when caught their is teeth.

You people can do this selective enforcement thing and then expect to be credible.

ummmm.......that makes no sense.  
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    Mister-Jr said:
    Guns don't kill people. Place any gun of you choice loaded and ready to fire on the kitchen table. Let us know how many time you walk past it before the gun shoots you.....

For gun control I suggest a firm grip with both hands.....As I started this post. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. Research how many people die in hospitals from car accidents, overdose on illegal drugs, suicide, and prescribed medications. 

Until we start cutting peoples legs off for steeling cars they will still be able to reach the pedals. 

Parents are responsible for raising their children know what is right and wrong and that there are consequences for their actions.

None of the above are a constitutional right. Sorry
    It is just not sane to compare guns to the above list of items.
    Cyclist said:

You people can do this selective enforcement thing and then expect to be credible.

Ha, agree. Laws are broken, but the teeth of the law is when people are caught, they can be indicted for breaking the law and and hopefully convicted if guilty.
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,415 Admiral
    If someone can do away with the 14th with an Executive order, what is to stop the next from repealing the 2nd?
    Getting rid of the 14th is brilliant, imho.  It would greatly reduce the incentive for illegal migration.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 5,036 Admiral
    Mister-Jr said:
    Mister-Jr said:

In non-medical terms, that reply is known as desperation.  Knives, medications, eye drops, cars, selfies, bats, dogs are not designed to kill.  Guns were designed and manufactured to kill as their original intent.  
    Knives, stickss arrows, gunpowder, bats.  Sticks..... always been manufactured to kill since man started walking the Earth. Guns are in the Constitution because they kill. Our forefathers were intelligent enough to think that through. 

He's a link to a woman who killed her husband with eye drops recently. https://abcnews.go.com/US/south-carolina-woman-allegedly-killed-husband-putting-eye/story?id=57569221. Enjoy the read.

If your narrative and way of thinking was commonly believed we would've banned guns hundreds of years ago. Sorry that you feel you must shove your silly way of thinking down other people throats, but they're not buying what you're selling. Whining is unbecoming
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,752 AG
    Mister-Jr said:
    Mister-Jr said:

Knives, stickss arrows, gunpowder, bats.  Sticks..... always been manufactured to kill since man started walking the Earth. Guns are in the Constitution because they kill. Our forefathers were intelligent enough to think that through. 

He's a link to a woman who killed her husband with eye drops recently. https://abcnews.go.com/US/south-carolina-woman-allegedly-killed-husband-putting-eye/story?id=57569221. Enjoy the read.

If your narrative and way of thinking was commonly believed we would've banned guns hundreds of years ago. Sorry that you feel you must shove your silly way of thinking down other people throats, but they're not buying what you're selling. Whining is unbecoming
    Haha, yes, I'm laughing at you.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    I own firearms because of dangerous, lunatics like cyclist who take up space in our great Republic. 
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,136 Admiral
    kellercl said:
    If someone can do away with the 14th with an Executive order, what is to stop the next from repealing the 2nd?
    Getting rid of the 14th is brilliant, imho.  It would greatly reduce the incentive for illegal migration.  

So why not amend the 2nd?,
    edited October 2018 #41
    kellercl said:

Go ahead. The amendment process is there. 
    And as I said, with people who think like you and cyclist it will be very difficult to get freedom loving People to amend it. 

I own firearms because of dangerous, lunatics like cyclist who take up space in our great Republic. 
    That's nice. You are more likely to shoot yourself than worry about me.
    edited October 2018 #43
    kellercl said:

By Executive order?

See #3
    kellercl said:

By Executive order?
    Go take a civics class and get back with us. 
    edited October 2018 #45
    kellercl said:

Mostly because of two reasons:

1) I have friends who are avid hunters and their owning of firearms isn't an issue.  They teach their kids proper handling and leverage a gun safe.  I don't see why their rights need to be restricted because of other's poor behavior.  Look at it this way, should fishing be banned because of poachers?

2) I think people have a right to protect themselves.

Where is the 14th is granting a direct benefit from illegal action.  To me the comparison is off base.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 5,036 Admiral
    kellercl said:

By Executive order?

See #3
    Fingers crossed

Junior not even the slightest concern about your laughing. I'm a funny guy children are always cracking up around me
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
    kellercl said:

By Executive order?
    Go take a civics class and get back with us. 
    Maybe someone should tell 45* that
    https://news.google.com/stories/CAAqfggKInhDQklTVkRvSmMzUnZjbmt0TXpZd1NrY0tFUWlWdm9pUmpZQU1FZHRnZV90aWhMaHFFakpVY25WdGNDQjNZVzUwY3lCMGJ5QnZjbVJsY2lCbGJtUWdkRzhnWW1seWRHaHlhV2RvZENCamFYUnBlbVZ1YzJocGNDZ0FQAQ?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

Ha, agree. Laws are broken, but the teeth of the law is when people are caught, they can be indicted for breaking the law and and hopefully convicted if guilty. 

Oh, so our current DUI and distracted driving laws aren't harsh enough???? Shouldn't we get those fixed before adding more laws???? since, you know, more people are killed that way.
  • AaronCannonAaronCannon Northwest ArkansasPosts: 866 Officer
    Carve out the numbers that are a result of criminal acts and get back to us.
    Im not interested in hearing about how a gang war in Chicago should effect my rights.
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,592 AG
    500,000 people every year are sent to the ER due to bicycles.... 
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

Oh, so our current DUI and distracted driving laws aren't harsh enough???? Shouldn't we get those fixed before adding more laws???? since, you know, more people are killed that way.
    Seems like the DUI is pretty harsh. In Florida texting and driving is NOT an offense they can pull you over for. Definitely not harsh enough.

I am still waiting for 25 people to die in a school knifing, or eye droppering.....not gonna happen though.
    500,000 people every year are sent to the ER due to bicycles.... 
    This a driving statistic.
    Only school shooting done by a legally possessed gun was the one in Broward co. That i can remember.
    And its debatable how that guy didnt have a record, seeing how much criminal justice he avoided due to policies that encouraged schools to avoid calling the cops and prosecuting students.
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
  • Grouper GeniusGrouper Genius Posts: 1,482 Officer
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

Seems like the DUI is pretty harsh. In Florida texting and driving is NOT an offense they can pull you over for. Definitely not harsh enough.

I am still waiting for 25 people to die in a school knifing, or eye droppering.....not gonna happen though.
    https://www.wpxi.com/news/breaking-several-hurt-multiple-stabbings-franklin-/139593892

Wow, You shuld google school stabbings. Surprisingly many.....
    2400 CC Sea Chaser-Yamaha F250-Bad **** Tower (SOLD)
    Grady White 306 Bimini 300 Suzukis
    Hurricane 246 FunDeck
    Cyclist said:

yet you never created a thread for texting and driving.

DUIs still kill, alot.   So you do have an acceptable death toll for stuff.

so you are ok with 25 people a day dieing, just not all at one place.   interesting
    edited October 2018 #56
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:
    Cyclist said:

https://www.wpxi.com/news/breaking-several-hurt-multiple-stabbings-franklin-/139593892

Wow, You shuld google school stabbings. Surprisingly many.....
    Did anyone die? They "key word" was die. I rest my case.
    Cyclist is the same guy who pushed an article blaming fetal alchohol syndrome as a reason for kids in Chicago shooting each other.
    Now thinks darwinism will solve said manufactured crisis.
    I think he's learning.

Jeff Cooper
    edited October 2018 #58
    Cyclist is the same guy who pushed an article blaming fetal alchohol syndrome as a reason for kids in Chicago shooting each other.
    I think he's learning.

More along the lines of this......course they did not charge her for anything. Lame.

"My right to protect my child with my gun trumps your fear of my gun."

Gun Advocate Mom is Accidentally Shot in the Back By Her 4-Year-Old Son

On a Facebook account matching Gilt's name and personal details, multiple posts advocate for gun ownership, mock liberals, and paint gun law critics as foolish.

PALATKA, Fla. -- A Florida woman whose 4-year-old son shot her in the back as they rode in her pickup truck will avoid prosecution and any jail time if she satisfies a number of conditions detailed in an agreement announced Friday.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-mom-jamie-lynn-gilt-prosecution-son-shooting-truck/

So the mother is stupid and had a gun readily available to a 4 year old.  What does that have to do with intelligent gun owners?

-Walter Payton
    Shootings on a summer weekend in Chicago dwarf number of careless parents shot by their kids, nationwide, all yearlong.
    Guns are already effectively illegal in Chicago.
    Jeff Cooper
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    Cyclist said:
    I think he's learning.

More along the lines of this......course they did not charge her for anything. Lame.

"My right to protect my child with my gun trumps your fear of my gun."

Gun Advocate Mom is Accidentally Shot in the Back By Her 4-Year-Old Son

On a Facebook account matching Gilt's name and personal details, multiple posts advocate for gun ownership, mock liberals, and paint gun law critics as foolish.

PALATKA, Fla. -- A Florida woman whose 4-year-old son shot her in the back as they rode in her pickup truck will avoid prosecution and any jail time if she satisfies a number of conditions detailed in an agreement announced Friday.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-mom-jamie-lynn-gilt-prosecution-son-shooting-truck/

Again, guns don't kill people...the mother is irresponsible by leaving a loaded gun next to a 4 year old. 

Look at illegal drugs, they are banned and yet they are still around in every city. What makes you think that banning guns is going to keep them out of the hands of people that don't follow laws.