Home Off Topic

Florida State football.

ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,444 Captain
Bobby Bowden wanted one more year.
The man who built FSU football was denied that in favor of Jimbo Fisher and Jamies Winston.
Think about it.

Replies

• Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,962 Captain
    edited October 2018 #2
    Jameis winston committed to Jimbo Fisher 2 years after Bobby Bowden left, so he is irrelevant in the equation. Should have gotten rid of bowden sooner and spent more money to keep jimbo and keep up with the SEC. Think about it. Jimbo is out coaching taggart bigly
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,293 AG
    There are some kids who committed to Fisher last year and the year before, and he jumped ship on them for more money at A&M.    Wouldn't trust that guy any more than Petrino up in Louisville, or Saban for that matter  for doing the Dolphins dirty like he did.    I hate the Dolphins, but you don't use an NFL team as a bridge between the LSU and Alabama jobs like that.   
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,687 AG
    The problem was FSU didn't have the money to pay Jimbo any more money. FSU spent $1.9 million more than they took in in 2016. There was no money to pay Jimbo more even if they wanted to.  Taggart was available and in the price range of what they could afford for a coach. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,800 Captain
    cadman said:
    The problem was FSU didn't have the money to pay Jimbo any more money. FSU spent $1.9 million more than they took in in 2016. There was no money to pay Jimbo more even if they wanted to.  Taggart was available and in the price range of what they could afford for a coach. 

I guess it's true. You get what you pay for.
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,962 Captain
    edited October 2018 #6
    cadman said:

And this is what the future looks like. Thing is, FSU can compete with the big boys, just the biggest boy on their block took their coach in this instance. They are the top ACC school but need to step it up to compete with the SEC. They are 18th in revenue in 2016, to not have made money that year is poor leadership and has set them up for failure. No wonder boosters were upset.

Then FSU pretty much pigeon holed themselves into hiring one guy since they said they wanted to hire an African American head coach. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tallahassee.com/amp/916875001

On top of that they gave Willie quite the contract. Doesnt exactly sound like a program where money isnt an option. They're handcuffed by their own doing. I said it over the summer, FSU is in uncharted territory when it comes to coaching changes. This is the first real regime change in over 40 years. 
    Notre Dame living high on the past!   Maybe doing something in the present too.   I'd love to seem them get into the playoff.   But nobody is beating Alabama this year.   I think it's gonna be Alabama/Clemson again.  
    edited October 2018 #8
    cadman said:

I am starting to wonder if your name is Donald Trump with all the lies you spew on this forum.
    I just spew the facts. The local Tallahassee paper reported it.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/2017/07/06/fsu-athletics-operated-deficit-2016-fiscal-year/455520001/

In 2016 the year before Jimbo wanted more money they were already over budget, 

Jimbo made $5.7 million in 2017 

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/fsu-jimbo-fisher-among-nation-highest-paid-coaches/jON010qTPZc74rLxshG0aK/

Taggart is at $5 million. 

Mini Mart Magnate

• kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,402 Admiral
    Wait, hold on a second.  FSU has a football team?  I haven't seen them play football all year... neither has anybody else.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    How is Texas A&M the #1 revenue generating school in the country? And why, with all that money, do they suck so bad?
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    cadman said:

I am starting to wonder if your name is Donald Trump with all the lies you spew on this forum.

Harsh.
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
    GA Fin said:
    How is Texas A&M the #1 revenue generating school in the country? And why, with all that money, do they suck so bad?
    I guess Texas oil money. I have to admit I never understood why they didn't have a better program with the cash they got. It appears they decided to finally spend it on Jimbo. They have one of the top 3 facilities in college football. They have the current number recruiting class for next year, so they might be headed for the top soon.

Crunchys numbers are old, currently both A&M and Texas bring in over $200 million in revenue. Those schools got some deep pockets. Even FSU is doing better than they have in the past, not sure what this year will do to their revenue though. 

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Mini Mart Magnate

edited October 2018 #13
    cadman said:
    Even FSU is doing better than they have in the past, 

FSU has always done well.  The thinking that they don't do well is just more fake news (aka lies) from Goater fans. 
    cadman said:
    Even FSU is doing better than they have in the past, 

FSU has always done well.  The thinking that they don't do well is just more fake news (aka lies) from Goater fans. 
    This 4-4 season proves how well they are doing.

You haven't pointed out a lie yet, I back up my statements with sources for the facts. You just spout your usual BS and run off. 

Mini Mart Magnate

cadman said:

This 4-4 season proves how well they are doing.
    If FSU doesn't finish the season at or above .500 it will be the first time that has happened in DECADES.
    Even with a financial advantage your Goaters finished below .500 twice in just that past 5 years. lol
    Mistakes happen and the Gators move forward, At least the fans and boosters still support them. Lets us check revenue next year and see how FSU fans and boosters respond to the dumpster fire in Tallahassee. 

Mini Mart Magnate

• MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 2,190 Captain
    I'll give Willie another year to see if he can get improvements.  
    Lots of bad things happened this year; and all the oline injuries and lack of play was the biggest one. 
    Just ny .02
    You keep talking in the past, But since you do, lets look at home attendance averages for 2017

Florida - 86,715
    FSU - 70,943

Gators were down 1.3% from 2016
    FSwho was down 7.6% from 2016

Want more FACTS?

https://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gators/2018/02/13/ncaa-home-attendance-down-for-usf-fsu-and-florida-gators/

Mini Mart Magnate

cadman said:
    You keep talking in the past, But since you do, lets look at home attendance averages for 2017

Florida - 86,715
    FSU - 70,943

Want more FACTS?

https://www.tampabay.com/blogs/gators/2018/02/13/ncaa-home-attendance-down-for-usf-fsu-and-florida-gators/

This photo above was taken THIS year before the Colorado 
    State game after the Kentucky loss. 

That is what was claimed about the photo.
    Can't discuss this year attendance numbers until the end of the season. I know the stadium was packed for the LSU game. Saw a lot of empty seats at the Clemson FSWho game

Mini Mart Magnate

• Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,187 Captain
    cadman said:

So you are calling Cad a liar and he is backing up his claims. Why don't you just this one time on the forum admit he didn't lie and admit you made a mistake? Or prove him wrong. People on the forum may have a little more respect for you and actually listen to what you have to say.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #19
    cadman said:

So you are calling Cad a liar and he is backing up his claims. Why don't you just this one time on the forum admit he didn't lie and admit you made a mistake? Or prove him wrong. People on the forum may have a little more respect for you and actually listen to what you have to say.
    Hilarious, are you new here? No one on this forum will ever have any respect for him. 
    You should have been here yesterday
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,982 Admiral
    All that money for education and it's still not enough, we need to give them more money, lets raise taxes and tuition.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
    No one on this forum will ever have any respect for him. 
    and I’ve never cared and never will. 👍
    Yes you do, it is why you keep coming back with new names every time you get banned.

Mini Mart Magnate

Hilarious, are you new here? No one on this forum will ever have any respect for him. 
    I said a little. :)
  • dolfanjoeydolfanjoey Posts: 1,174 Officer
    cadman said:

Florida - 86,715
    FSU - 70,943

Want more FACTS?

This photo above was taken THIS year before the Colorado 
    State game after the Kentucky loss. 

I go to every Hurricane and Dolphins game and I am never in my seat 4 minutes before kick off. You need to take a picture 4 minutes after kick off to be more accurate.
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,872 Admiral
    cadman said:
    Yes you do, it is why you keep coming back with new names every time you get banned.

You are wrong as usual. I come on here to screw with your Goater fans. Take a look at my post 99% of them are just screwing with you Goater fans. It make me smile seeing you Goater fans get your panties in a wad of the stupidest stuff.
    Nope. Cad is right.  Annnnndddd...... projecting again.  :D
    cadman said:

You are wrong as usual. I come on here to screw with your Goater fans. Take a look at my post 99% of them are just screwing with you Goater fans. It make me smile seeing you Goater fans get your panties in a wad of the stupidest stuff.
    now I get it Gater=Goater.    Ehh, not my favorite play on words.   I'm not a fan of the gators, never have been.   I like Notre Dame.    Florida State is a decent enough feeder school for the NFL but IMO no better than other FL program or SEC/ACC program.    
  • HomerSimpsonHomerSimpson Posts: 6,573 Admiral
    Conchy Critter said:

More fake news (aka lies) the toilet bowl was half empty for most games last year and this photo was taken 4 min before kickoff at this years Colorado State game after the Kentucky loss. The Goater fans are fair weather fans second only to scUM fans.

you should post second half stadium views from the Clemson game.  Heck of a rivalry game.  It'll prove to everyone how loyal and passionate FSU fans are.
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,834 AG
    TTF is incapable of humility. He's not fooling anyone.

Oh and over in Tallahassee:

I know if you try to steal my Defensive Coordinator away i'm going to be pissed.  But it's not unexpected, ND's defense has been really good this year and Clark is going to get a head coaching gig pretty soon. 
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    You mean there are still fsu fans after this season?
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    edited October 2018 #30
    Chonkycritter sure has one helluva chip on his little shoulder!
    Chonkycritter sure has one helluva chip on his little shoulder!
    And the 59 to10 beat down he just took didn't help any.