Home Off Topic

Jameis Winston gets the bench

Replies

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,243 AG
    cadman said:
    Winston is not an elite franchise QB. He is good, very good. Btu he is too inconsistent to be an elite QB.  He will be a starter here and there, but you can't count on him 100% of the time to deliver. 

He may get better, but right now he is not an elite QB. 
    I don't think anyone is making the argument that he is an elite QB, he's never put up those kind of numbers with phenomenal wrs and a pretty good oline.    That's why he needs to get back to mechanics and fundamentals.  He can become a solid NFL starter in the NFL, hell Joe Flacco won a super bowl.    Foles just won one and he's not an NFL starter, but he had great coaching to get him through it.   
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,858 Admiral
    Conchy, do you ever get tired of projecting?  Just curious
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,592 AG
    cadman said:
    Winston is not an elite franchise QB. He is good, very good. Btu he is too inconsistent to be an elite QB.  
    Would you say Brett Farve was an elite Franchise QB?
    You are not really going to try and compare Winston to a 20 year veteran with many records under his belt.

I did not consider Farve an elite QB in 1992. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

cadman said:
    cadman said:
    Winston is not an elite franchise QB. He is good, very good. Btu he is too inconsistent to be an elite QB.  
    Would you say Brett Farve was an elite Franchise QB?
    You are not really going to try and compare Winston to a 20 year veteran with many records under his belt.

I did not consider Farve an elite QB in 1992. 
    Farve was Josh Allen in 1992.   A 3 year project with a great arm and no discipline.    Not that different from Winston either.    Favre found an offense that played to his strengths in Green bay, look at that coaching staff, Holmgren, Andy Reid, John Gruden, that staff was loaded with talented coaches.    They developed Favre and then cut him loose.   

Winston I believe has developed some but not enough, he needs to work through these tough times and get better.   And Tampa would be stupid to give up on him.   and then what?  Start over with a journeyman in Fitzpatrick and blow the entire team up while they spend another 3 years coaching up a rookie like Drew Lock or Ryan Finley?   Ehhh.   Stay the course.   
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,356 Admiral
    cadman said:
    Would you say Brett Farve was an elite Franchise QB? He threw 1.5 TDs for every INT.

TDS 508 INT 336 

They are /were both high risk high reward QBs.

Different period of football.  Pass inference and roughing the passer rules are way different.  Favre would have much better numbers in today's game.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,187 Captain
    kellercl said:
    Fitz is on his 7th team...  he isn't a franchise quarterback.  I remember with the jets he tossed 31 TD and 15 int, everybody got excited.  The following year he went 12 TD and 17 int...  that is Fitz, he is a roller coaster.
    And I'm not saying he is our future. He is just a better choice between the two to get us through the rest of the season until we can find someone who is.
    kellercl said:
    Fitz is on his 7th team...  he isn't a franchise quarterback.  I remember with the jets he tossed 31 TD and 15 int, everybody got excited.  The following year he went 12 TD and 17 int...  that is Fitz, he is a roller coaster.
    And I'm not saying he is our future. He is just a better choice between the two to get us through the rest of the season until we can find someone who is.
    The smart move would have been to go after Teddy Bridgewater in the offseason as the #3, he's still got a ton of good football left in him and he would have been the unquestioned starter at this point.  But that milk's on the floor.    

Farve was Josh Allen in 1992.   A 3 year project with a great arm and no discipline.    Not that different from Winston either.    

Winston I believe has developed some but not enough, he needs to work through these tough times and get better.   And Tampa would be stupid to give up on him.   and then what?  Start over with a journeyman in Fitzpatrick and blow the entire team up while they spend another 3 years coaching up a rookie like Drew Lock or Ryan Finley?   Ehhh.   Stay the course.   
    BOOM!!!! Let me guess you aren't a Goater fan?
    Who are we talking about when you say Goater?    
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,356 Admiral
    kellercl said:
    Agreed.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton

lol
    Drew Brees?  Joe Montana?  Aaron Rodgers?   
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral

lol
    He’s not smart enough to realize Goat is a acronym for greatest of all time.  He’s trying to insult gator fans with what is  officially the worst pun in FS forum history 
    You should have been here yesterday

lol
    He’s not smart enough to realize Goat is a acronym for greatest of all time.  He’s trying to insult gator fans with what is  officially the worst pun in FS forum history 
    I finally got it.   So i bear some of the blame for being thick headed from the get go.  I don't have a dog in the Seminoles/Gators fight so i never read posts in that slanted mindset.  

When i hear goat...I think someone is bragging on Tom Brady.   Who is pretty much the best of all time.  And I cannot stand Brady.  But you have to acknowledge greatness for what it is.   

lol
    I finally got it.   So i bear some of the blame for being thick headed from the get go.  I don't have a dog in the Seminoles/Gators fight so i never read posts in that slanted mindset.  

When i hear goat...I think someone is bragging on Tom Brady.   Who is pretty much the best of all time.  And I cannot stand Brady.  But you have to acknowledge greatness for what it is.   
    Goats
    Ali
    Jerry Rice
    Tom Brady 
    Jordan
    Gretsky 
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,413 Admiral

When i hear goat
    I wrote Goater not Goat. The fact that is bothers the Goater fans is enough for me to keep using it.
    He's from New York......
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

When i hear goat
    I wrote Goater not Goat. The fact that is bothers the Goater fans is enough for me to keep using it.
    He's from New York......
    what the **** is your problem???   Seriously   NO other person on here is as big of a D I C K as you are.  if you got a problem with me  pm me some info and we can sort it out.    
    edited October 2018 #47

When i hear goat
    He's from New York......
    Ha ha, your not bothering anyone Fritter. I really enjoy when I get to see you wrong. It happens so often I can almost set my watch by it, I will unignore you so I can see it for myself instead of having to wait for someone to quote you. I bet I’m missing some great points about how well Taggert is doing for your sorry team.  Keep it up fritter. I sincerely hope you never stop with this one. Makes you look really bright  :D
    He’s trying to insult goater fans 
    It bothers you so I win.
    You win? Are you 8 years old? Grow up.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,592 AG

Ha ha, your not bothering anyone Fritter. 
    The fact that you feel the need to respond to my postS proves I do bother you. Winning  B) lol
    How about the fact you feel the need to respond to everyone's post with anything about the Gators or negative about  an ex-FSwho player. Sounds like you are little more than just bothered. Maybe it is an unhealthy obsession on your part. You might want to talk top a psychologist about the problem. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• Thought I just heard that Winston was on the trading block.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
    Thought I just heard that Winston was on the trading block.
    DeSean Jackson is.   Well there are rumors he wants out.   

You win? Are you 8 years old? Grow up.
    #Winning. lol
    Sad.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,750 AG
    edited October 2018 #53
    I believe most running backs are washed out at that age.  Even as bad as Winston is and a poor excuse for a human being, that's a tough deal.
    Vote for the other candidate
    edited October 2018 #54
    Mister-Jr said:
    I believe most running backs are washed out at that age.  Even as bad as Winston is and a poor excuse for a human being, that's a tough deal.
    Jackson is a WR.   Really his entire career he's been a one trick pony, he gets deep.   He outruns everyone in the secondary, and between him and Evans their wr group is pretty loaded, then they had OJ Howard who should be a monster TE and that offense should be set up to compete in the NFC south.   Just hasn't happened.  And I think over the past two years they have had more than enough opportunities to compete.    I think the HC is out at the end of the year.  

Just hope that ownership doesn't bring Hue Jackson in to 1-15 the place up

I don't know if anyone else was watching MNF but when Booger said that Kelvin Benjamin was a Popeye's biscuit away from being a TE in stead of a WR i got a laugh out of it.  
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,750 AG
    You are correct, sorry.  
    Vote for the other candidate
    Mister-Jr said:
    You are correct, sorry.  
    No worries.   I just hope they don't trade him to New england.  
  • ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,442 Captain
    The Bucs have a quandary.
    Winston is owed like 30 million dollars.
    What team would pick up those dollars?
  • wynnvwynnv Posts: 383 Deckhand
    edited October 2018 #58
    Good QBs are hard to find. I thought Bortles was finally on the right track after week 2..... Boy was I wrong.
  • WadeFishermanWadeFisherman Posts: 439 Deckhand
    Winston should start doing commercials for Winn Dixie or Joe’s Crab Shack 
  • ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,442 Captain
    I can't really knock Winston.  He is what he is.  Much like all high school and college athletes, he's been pampered for his entire life.
    His intellectual mind was smothered with praise, he felt and still does, that he can do no wrong.
    I really sort of feel sorry for the guy.
    edited October 2018 #61
    Scoutboat said:
    I can't really knock Winston.  He is what he is.  Much like all high school and college athletes, he's been pampered for his entire life.
    His intellectual mind was smothered with praise, he felt and still does, that he can do no wrong.
    I really sort of feel sorry for the guy.
    And definitely doesn’t understand “no”...I don’t feel one bit sorry for him. Hope he gets waved