Home Off Topic

Mixed Drinks

Replies

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,293 AG
    That reminds me, Mexican mules are also very refreshing.  Tequila, ginger beer, sour mix and a lime garnish.   
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,444 Captain
    I am a big fan of mixed drinks. I love my beer and I love my straight liqour but I also love to experiment with drink recipes and mixed drinks. Anyone have any odd ball mixes they like or anything other then the basic captain and coke or jack and coke?
    Not odd ball.
    Gin and tonic with a twist of lime and a good Honduran cigar.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,603 AG
    Cyclist said:
    The Cracker Smacker

Go out side and pick yourself a grapefruit and a lemon. Squeeze both into a pint glass....add some good gin....stir in as much ice as you can and then sit on the porch and enjoy.

Maybe a splash of seltzer if you must.
    Porch?

Captain Todd Approves

• SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    mplspug said:
    Cyclist said:
    The Cracker Smacker

Go out side and pick yourself a grapefruit and a lemon. Squeeze both into a pint glass....add some good gin....stir in as much ice as you can and then sit on the porch and enjoy.

Maybe a splash of seltzer if you must.
    Porch?
    ?
    You should have been here yesterday
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,078 Admiral
    What is a house without a porch. I would rather have a porch than a Porsche.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• Keep on SpoolinKeep on Spoolin Posts: 1,361 Officer
    Sprite and crown
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,129 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #38
    mplspug said:
    Porch?
    Yankee?
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,419 Officer
    Cucumber Lime Gatorade and Titos! 
    Jason :USA
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,661 AG
    Tater juice with diet cranmango isn't bad. 
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    What is a house without a porch. I would rather have a porch than a Porsche.
    This...this right here...this is going down in the books as gold wisdom.
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    edited October 2018 #42
    mplspug said:
    Porch?
    Yankee?
    LMAO! He called him yankee!!! Literally made me laugh out loud!
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
    You guys get triggered easily.  I thought lanao was a cracker term for a porch.  This Yankee never heard it until he moved here. :trollface:

Captain Todd Approves

• Gary SGary S Posts: 2,263 Captain
    mplspug said:
    You guys get triggered easily.  I thought lanao was a cracker term for a porch.  This Yankee never heard it until he moved here. :trollface:
    You poor little mistreated child.
  • FishshrimpsnorkelFishshrimpsnorkel Posts: 1,396 Officer
    Tom Daly - an Arnold Palmer with vodka. Also prefer a vodka collins to tom collins.
    Gary S said:
    mplspug said:
    You poor little mistreated child.
    I know, right? 

Captain Todd Approves

Tom Daly - an Arnold Palmer with vodka. Also prefer a vodka collins to tom collins.
    ...you mean a John Daly?

Captain Todd Approves

Sprite and crown
    I was at the Notre Dame bowl game last year at the Citrus bowl with some other Irish fans, and they were making something called a duck fart.  It had crown in it, and I think Baileys..   I don't know the rest but we had a good time. 
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,075 Moderator
    Sprite and crown
    I was at the Notre Dame bowl game last year at the Citrus bowl with some other Irish fans, and they were making something called a duck fart.  It had crown in it, and I think Baileys..   I don't know the rest but we had a good time. 
    Making a Basic Duck Fart
    1. Get a shot glass, but don't add any ice. This drink is best enjoyed at room temperature. ...
    2. Pour the Kahlua into glass. ...
    3. Place a spoon over the Kahlua. ...
    4. Slowly pour the Bailey's Irish Cream over the spoon. ...
    5. Slowly finish off with the Crown Royal on top. ...
    6. Drink it in one go.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

Soda Popinski said:

My brother's family drinks those. His son is from AK and I think Capt Phil Harris made the drink famous. My sister's family does Water Moccasins. 1 oz Peach schnapps 1 oz Canadian whisky (Crown) 1 dash Triple sec 1 oz Sweet and sour mix I wonder what they call porches in Alaska.

Captain Todd Approves

• stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,552 Admiral
    Crown
    Bailey's & 
    Kahlua.

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 9,075 Moderator
    mplspug said:
    Soda Popinski said:

My brother's family drinks those. His son is from AK and I think Capt Phil Harris made the drink famous. My sister's family does Water Moccasins. 1 oz Peach schnapps 1 oz Canadian whisky (Crown) 1 dash Triple sec 1 oz Sweet and sour mix I wonder what they call porches in Alaska.
    A stoop.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

edited October 2018 #53
    well they were delicious.   He also had a 20 year old scotch and that wasn't to shabby either.   

and  if anyone wants to have a night out and feel young again:

Patron Silver 2oz
    Watermelon pucker 1oz
    red bull 1oz

chill that bad boy to almost freezing 

It's called a johnny vegas.       

That sound good.

Captain Todd Approves

• dave44dave44 Posts: 11,549 AG
    well they were delicious.   He also had a 20 year old scotch and that wasn't to shabby either.   

and  if anyone wants to have a night out and feel young again:

Patron Silver 2oz
    Watermelon pucker 1oz
    red bull 1oz

chill that bad boy to almost freezing 

It's called a johnny vegas.       

I’m not sure, my younger days of indestructibility probably contributed to my old age pains.
       I don’t think I want to exacerbate anything long term with one more night of debauchery.
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,427 Admiral
    Do you put an umbrella and a cherry in it.....or just take it like a man?
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
    The umbrella is to shade the ice cubes so they don't melt as fast.

Captain Todd Approves

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,752 AG
    Manhatten
    Manhattan up, Makers Mark.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,078 Admiral
    Mister-Jr said:
    Manhatten
    Manhattan up, Makers Mark.

I'm having a few fingers of Makers mixed with three ice cubes waiting on trick or treaters. So far only a few kids. My neighborhood is aging and the only kids come from other hoods.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,427 Admiral
    Seems to me.....if it's not a sin to mix good whiskey with sweet vermouth.....it should be.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • FishshrimpsnorkelFishshrimpsnorkel Posts: 1,396 Officer
    mplspug said:
    ...you mean a John Daly?
    My bad - yes, a John Daly.