Home Off Topic

Mass shooting in Pittsburgh

Replies

• treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 5,036 Admiral
    Mister-Jr said:
    I’ve always said we need more guns.
    I agree manufacturers are cranking them out a few thousand a week. Trying to keep up
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
  • RStyleRStyle Posts: 1,484 Officer
    Well.....just go out there and try to get some Anthrax, a plane, or make some bombs ........or try to get some armor and several firearms and ammunition.
     Just taking away the easiest, most available and most frequent method .

There is no fix of the mental healthcare system although it is a good scapegoat. Would love to hear suggestions. Very difficult to identify and isolate these people. Are there slightly crazy, somewhat crazy and very crazy people? Which can have firearms? Is the normal guy today maybe not be crazy when he loses his job and his wife leaves him. Are doctors going to call the cops to go and take the guns away is someone that a doctor says may be crazy. Every time there is an incident it is a mental health issue. So what is the issue and how do you fix it?
    Using the same  Cadman logic:
    Substance use disorder is considered a metal illness or mental health issue.
    Some use meth
    Some use Ecstasy
    Some use Cocaine
    Some use PCP
    Some use amphetamines
    Some use Fentanyl

So why is our government so determined  to control, limit or ban the use of opioids. After all, there are other drugs people can use to get high
    it is not the drug...it is a mental health issue and we have to fix the mental healthcare system

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,734 AG
    edited October 2018 #35
    RStyle said:
    QSubstance use disorder is considered a metal illness or mental health issue.
    Some use meth
    Some use Ecstasy
    Some use Cocaine
    Some use PCP
    Some use amphetamines
    Some use Fentanyl

So why is our government so determined  to control, limit or ban the use of opioids. After all, there are other drugs people can use to get high
    it is not the drug...it is a mental health issue and we have to fix the mental healthcare system

It is good to know banning them solved the abuse problem in this country.

Thank you for proving my point. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,430 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #36
    Mister-Jr said:
    No Cad, the problem is with crazy people with guns. You argument is pure speculation.
    The problem is perception. Someone's perception starts to get a little skewed and he or she can use the internet and social media to confirm and validate the psychosis with other, like minded, unbalanced, individuals with sociopathic personalities who lack a sense of moral values.
    This behavior persists until the hatred becomes a perceived reality.

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • AaronCannonAaronCannon Northwest ArkansasPosts: 866 Officer
    edited October 2018 #37
    Id hate for the frequency to increase, but car attacks are far 'easier' than gun attacks.
    Look at any group outing, the crowding at 'letout'... we are **** lucky these folks are batshit crazy, if they were in their right mind theyd do alot more damage.
    Nice death toll was higher than Vegas.
    And it was stopped with a gun.  A tool most Europeans are not allowed carry daily.
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,752 AG
    Just like firearm deaths, the excuses continue. #1 in firearm ownership, #1 in firearm deaths. Yeah America!
    Vote for the other candidate
    #1 in firearm ownership, and # 1 in free speech.
    Even for you.  
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
    Even for you.  
    I’ll let you know when I kill 11 Americans with my free speech.
    edited October 2018 #41
    I try not to judge all speakers by the worst words i hear.  You shouldnt judge an inanimate object by the worst uses of it.
    Jeff Cooper
    I use death count.
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #43

Mister-Jr said:
    I’ve always said we need more guns.

I'd bet those folks in Pittsburgh wished they had more guns yesterday.

Rest in peace to those murdered and a speed recovery to those injured.

edit: Too bad the shooter didn't try his murderous plot in Israel. He would have been put down like the mad dog he is.

Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    Mister-Jr said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    I use death count.

You use your free speech to advocate for a woman's "right" to murder her unborn baby I would guess.

Since you love death counts, how about tens of millions dead through abortion?

Are you a racist since black women have almost 3 times the abortion rate of white women? Do you want to exterminate black babies?

Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
    Mister-Jr said:
    Even for you.  
    I will let you know when I kill 1 American with my guns. Neither will happen because we are sane people. 

Mini Mart Magnate

• mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Mister-Jr said:
    I’m currently somewhere between Nassau and Ft Lauderdale, internet service ($260) for  four days sucks. Will continue tomoro.
    No wonder you think the way you do! 
    If you fell for that kind of service, you will fall for anything!
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    edited October 2018 #47
    Mister-Jr said:
    Even for you.  
    There were a few guys I can name that killed a couple hundred million people with their speech. 
    GA Fin said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    I use death count.

You use your free speech to advocate for a woman's "right" to murder her unborn baby I would guess.

Since you love death counts, how about tens of millions dead through abortion?

Are you a racist since black women have almost 3 times the abortion rate of white women? Do you want to exterminate black babies?

The last gasp of a person with no valid argument is to change the subject.  
    Mister-Jr said:
    No Cad, the problem is with crazy people with guns. You argument is pure speculation.
    How do you stop crazy people from getting guns while allowing me to buy them and own them. 

Mini Mart Magnate

• 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,876 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #50
    RStyle said:
    Substance use disorder is considered a metal illness or mental health issue.
    Some use meth
    Some use Ecstasy
    Some use Cocaine
    Some use PCP
    Some use amphetamines
    Some use Fentanyl

Add in a little alcohol and this looks like a Saturday night at Turner river terror's house
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,592 AG
    Mister-Jr said:
    Even for you.  
    What exact crime did Manson commit?
    Mister-Jr said:
    Even for you.  
    What exact crime did Manson commit?
    I'm not sure you understand free speech.
    cadman said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    How do you stop crazy people from getting guns while allowing me to buy them and own them. 
    How do you stop crazy people with guns and mass shootings?
    Mister-Jr said:
    cadman said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    cadman said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    So you don't have an answer. You keep whining about guns, but you don't have an answer on how to stop the crazy people form getting guns?

Mini Mart Magnate

edited October 2018 #55
    cadman said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    cadman said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    cadman said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    So you don't have an answer. You keep whining about guns, but you don't have an answer on how to stop the crazy people form getting guns?
    I have an answer, always have, you just don't like it. 
    Mister-Jr said:
    cadman said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    cadman said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    cadman said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    I have an answer, always have, you just don't like it. 
    So you want to take my guns away from me because some crazy person killed people with a gun, 

What if we take your car because some crazy ran over people with his?

Mini Mart Magnate

cadman said:
    RStyle said:
    Some use meth
    Some use Ecstasy
    Some use Cocaine
    Some use PCP
    Some use amphetamines
    Some use Fentanyl

Well .....not really. Why are the government, our President , local state and city governments in an all war against Opioids.  If it has not and will not solve the abuse problem....then why do anything about it. Ignore the problem.
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,876 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #58
    Opioid use is down. But heroin use is off the charts because of opioids harder to get.  Is heroin illegal?
    RStyle said:
    cadman said:
    RStyle said:
    Some use meth
    Some use Ecstasy
    Some use Cocaine
    Some use PCP
    Some use amphetamines
    Some use Fentanyl

Well .....not really. Why are the government, our President , local state and city governments in an all war against Opioids.  If it has not and will not solve the abuse problem....then why do anything about it. Ignore the problem.
    We banned opioids and now we have a war against them and more addicts than ever. We attacked the symptoms and not the disease and the problem is bigger than it ever was.We spend more money fighting to stop drug abuse by stopping the drugs when we should spend the money on stopping the reason people use them. 

But your logic is we ban guns to stop the mentally unstable form killing people and it will solve the problem. All it will do is make the problem worse as the crazies, like addicts, just find another way to feed their illness. We will end up wasting money trying to ban guns and the problem will get worse. 

All we do is treat the symptoms and ignore the disease and we have wars on everything. Why not work with the mental health professionals. discover ways to help these people and get them help. Everyone of these showed signs to friends, relatives, social media, and other methods. None of these were a surprise if people listened. Others knew they were unstable but did not know how to get them help and didn't want to call police. Some tried to get help for the person, but the system failed because we don't want to address the problem. 

Mini Mart Magnate

There is a between the number of private guns in any state and the number of homicides.  It's not coincident. 
    cadman said:
    RStyle said:
    cadman said:
    RStyle said:
    Some use meth
    Some use Ecstasy
    Some use Cocaine
    Some use PCP
    Some use amphetamines
    Some use Fentanyl

We banned opioids and now we have a war against them and more addicts than ever. We attacked the symptoms and not the disease and the problem is bigger than it ever was.We spend more money fighting to stop drug abuse by stopping the drugs when we should spend the money on stopping the reason people use them. 

But your logic is we ban guns to stop the mentally unstable form killing people and it will solve the problem. All it will do is make the problem worse as the crazies, like addicts, just find another way to feed their illness. We will end up wasting money trying to ban guns and the problem will get worse. 

All we do is treat the symptoms and ignore the disease and we have wars on everything. Why not work with the mental health professionals. discover ways to help these people and get them help. Everyone of these showed signs to friends, relatives, social media, and other methods. None of these were a surprise if people listened. Others knew they were unstable but did not know how to get them help and didn't want to call police. Some tried to get help for the person, but the system failed because we don't want to address the problem. 

Translation: College football and guns are good for America.