Home Off Topic

Mass shooting in Pittsburgh

mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,413 Admiral
Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

Replies

• nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,822 Admin
    edited October 2018 #2
    "Pittsburgh Police spokesman Chris Togneri confirmed that the suspect was in custody and three police officers had been shot. He also confirmed multiple causalities, but did not divulge exactly how many.

Police sources tell KDKA’s Andy Sheehan the gunman walked into the building and yelled, “All Jews Must die.” Sheehan confirmed that eight people were confirmed dead. Others had been shot but the extent of their injuries in unknown at this time."

Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,119 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #3
    KDKA’s Meghan Schiller reports that a suspect, a heavy-set white male with a beard, has surrendered. 

#VanillaISIS

KDKA sources confirm to Andy Sheehan that the suspect’s name is Robert Bowers.

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,413 Admiral
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,356 Admiral
    Same story, different day.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,750 AG
    I’ve always said we need more guns.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,356 Admiral
    Mister-Jr said:
    Slow down.  There are bad people on both sides.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,858 Admiral
    Mister-Jr said:
    Yep. Less guns would have prevented this mass murder. 
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,543 AG
    It is amazing to me how many people are losing their minds in the last 10 years. Is our society really devolving that fast?
       Possibly we need more people legally carrying to offset the chance an unhinged lunatic becomes dangerous.
    No Dave. The people are fine. It’s the guns...... 
    2amigo said:
    No Dave. The people are fine. It’s the guns...... 
    sorry, I keep forgetting the influence guns exert on normal people. Thanks for straightening me out.
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage USA, USA, USAPosts: 13,011 AG
    kellercl said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    Slow down.  There are bad people on both sides.  
    Do you mean the side with guns and the side that doesn't?  I guess I don't understand what you mean by "both sides".

Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
    Here is a small clue, if every **** in this country didn’t have easy assess to a gun, there would be less gun violence. 

Oh sorry, I forgot about about about protecting ourselves form the government we elected.....
    Mister-Jr said:
    Here is a small clue, if every **** in this country didn’t have easy assess to a gun, there would be less gun violence. 

Oh sorry, I forgot about about about protecting ourselves form the government we elected.....
    This statement makes me think you would say the same about screwdrivers if it suited your ideology.
    I’m not even sure what that means. Is that  a pro gun argument?
    No Cad, the problem is with crazy people with guns. You argument is pure speculation.
  • sjm1582002sjm1582002 Posts: 4,364 Captain
    Mister-Jr said:

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."
    ---H. L. Mencken

• fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    Much of the nation has purposely turned their back on our moral compass, life has been rendered valueless, fathers are not present in most families, ambition is a rare commodity and most children are not parented.

It is a sad state of affairs. 
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,592 AG
    edited October 2018 #20
    Mister-Jr said:
    No Cad, the problem is with crazy people with guns. You argument is pure speculation.
    No it isn't,. Look at history, 

We had a crazy person tamper with medicine bottles trying to kill people. 

We had another mail Anthrax in envelopes to kill people

We have has several run cars into groups to kill people. 

We had some use planes to kill people, 

We had another just recently mail pipe bombs.

We have had crazies with knives attack people. 

We have had nut use bombs to kill people. 

Guns are just the easiest method for these nuts to inflict their violence on others, eliminating guns will not stop them, it will just make them find another method of killing, 

Do you really think eliminating guns is going to make these people same and normal? Do you think thy will just forget their need to inflict harm on those different from them? Do you think it will make them not want to kill if guns are eliminated,  No you do not if you are honest, Eliminating guns will not change their behavior, just their methods. 

BTW, I am opposed, like most, to allowing mentally unstable people to own or buy guns. We need to fix our mental healthcare system to better identify these people and stop them from getting access to any kind of weapon. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

I think it will make it much omits difficult to kill people. Difficult to the point that may not try it.
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    Mister-Jr said:
    I think it will make it much omits difficult to kill people. Difficult to the point that may not try it.
    Sorry but those of us who value our 2nd amendment rights are not willing to participate in your "I think it will" experiment. 
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
    edited October 2018 #23
    Mister-Jr said:
    I agree with stricter gun laws like a waiting period etc....It’s hard for sane people to relate to this guy so it’s automatic to think if he didn’t have access then he might not do it. ......but this kind of crazy is not stopping him from finding a way.  This kind of behavior or should I say psychological illness becomes an obsession. The fixation to kill others that harbors inside  will overcome any impediment of obtaining a weapon. .  He will do it regardless. Whether illegally obtaining a weapon, homemade bomb etc....  
    edited October 2018 #24
    Mister-Jr said:
    You want stop them, they will just change tactics. With modern technology you can learn to make bombs on the internet and explosives from common chemicals. These people have an intense anger that will have to be dealt with one way or another. You have to stop the behavior if you wish to stop the violence,

Treat the disease not the symptoms. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I’m currently somewhere between Nassau and Ft Lauderdale, internet service ($260) for  four days sucks. Will continue tomoro.
    Mister-Jr said:
    I’m currently somewhere between Nassau and Ft Lauderdale, internet service ($260) for  four days sucks. Will continue tomoro.
    You can afford it. 

Mini Mart Magnate

Mister-Jr said:
    It’s so worth it to post on this forum. 😅. Safe travels. 
    cadman said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    You can afford it. 
    cadman said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    You can afford it. 
    I can afford it but it functions poorly.
    edited October 2018 #29
    Are you on a cruise with your woman and posting on here? 

Mini Mart Magnate

• RStyleRStyle Posts: 1,483 Officer
    cadman said:
    Mister-Jr said:
    No it isn't,. Look at history, 

We had a crazy person tamper with medicine bottles trying to kill people. 

We had another mail Anthrax in envelopes to kill people

We have has several run cars into groups to kill people. 

We had some use planes to kill people, 

We had another just recently mail pipe bombs.

We have had crazies with knives attack people. 

We have had nut use bombs to kill people. 

Guns are just the easiest method for these nuts to inflict their violence on others, eliminating guns will not stop them, it will just make them find another method of killing, 

Do you really think eliminating guns is going to make these people same and normal? Do you think thy will just forget their need to inflict harm on those different from them? Do you think it will make them not want to kill if guns are eliminated,  No you do not if you are honest, Eliminating guns will not change their behavior, just their methods. 

BTW, I am opposed, like most, to allowing mentally unstable people to own or buy guns. We need to fix our mental healthcare system to better identify these people and stop them from getting access to any kind of weapon.