Home Off Topic

Central Florida football

13»

Replies

• surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,982 Admiral
    edited November 2018 #62
    Scoutboat said:
    The University of S. Florida football team, this year, has not beaten a school with a winning record.
    I appreciate the loyalty, but facts are facts.
    Yea, this past WE they played Houston and got it handed to them. I knew they were going to have trouble with them when I looked at Houston's past games and they were blowing out all the teams they played and USF was just squeaking by but, USF was rated something like #20 and Houston wasn't even considered from what I could see. So much for the ratings.

Anyway, GO BULLS !!!! B)
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,446 Captain
    surfman said:
    Scoutboat said:
    The University of S. Florida football team, this year, has not beaten a school with a winning record.
    Yea, this past WE they played Houston and got it handed to them. I knew they were going to have trouble with them when I looked at Houston's past games and they were blowing out all the teams they played and USF was just squeaking by but, USF was rated something like #20 and Houston wasn't even considered from what I could see. So much for the ratings.

Anyway, GO BULLS !!!! B)
    We were talking about UCF, not USF.
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,430 Admiral
    Houston averages 51.5 points per game.
    They don't play UCF in the regular season.
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    Have UCF or USF played a team with a winning record? I know the answer is no for the former.
    You should have been here yesterday
  • Reptile DysfunctionReptile Dysfunction LP - Edge of the Known UniversePosts: 3,301 Captain
    edited November 2018 #66
    Scoutboat said:
    I thought this thread was about UCF?
    When did the topic change?
    "If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free" - P. J. O'Rourke
    Scoutboat said:
    Not sure if he mistyped or not, but Ucf hasn’t beaten a team with a winning record this year. Right now, the owls are giving them all they want. Good game so far
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,982 Admiral
    Scoutboat said:
    That looks like USF to me?
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,734 AG
    edited November 2018 #69

hey UCF fans!

A 2 loss Gator team is ranked higher than UCF is.

Don't you just love it?

How did you guys fall to 12th? 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• LostconchLostconch Posts: 764 Officer
    If Temple can score 40 pts
    What are they honna do when they run inyo a good team with a defense?
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,415 Admiral
    edited November 2018 #71
    cadman said:

hey UCF fans!

Don't you just love it?

UCF doesn't bring enough money to the table, so they are ignored.  It is how we end up with title games 42 to 14, Bama vs ND.  As for how I feel about it, it makes me an NFL fan.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    Scoutboat said:
    Not sure if he mistyped or not, but Ucf hasn’t beaten a team with a winning record this year. Right now, the owls are giving them all they want. Good game so far
    Sorry about the typing error, I meant the University of Central Florida.
    The lowly Temple Owls gained over 600 yards against UCF.
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,962 Captain
    So much football envy in this state right now lmao
    Apparently, you are not a fan of college football.
    kellercl said:
    cadman said:

hey UCF fans!

Don't you just love it?

UCF doesn't bring enough money to the table, so they are ignored.  It is how we end up with title games 42 to 14, Bama vs ND.  As for how I feel about it, it makes me an NFL fan.
    Maybe your should take a knee. 

Mini Mart Magnate

• FishInFLFishInFL Posts: 2,222 Captain
    Scoutboat said:
    Temple does have a highly ranked offense and did take down #25 Cincinnati.  With that all being said, the defense did look bad.  Thanks UF Randy Shannon.

it is funny unlike any other sport - soccer, baseball, pro football... a win is what matters, but not anymore in college football for Group5 teams.  Now the goalposts have moved again where UCF most dominate every game, despite ND not doing the same against PITT.  It’s a joke
    UCF has a great offense, ranked number 4 by ESPN. UCF will score points. The problem is their defense sucks, ranked number 94 by ESPN. It is why unranked teams like Temple can score on them easily, 

This would lead one to believe if UCF ever plays a school with a highly ranked defense and a good offense they will lose. It is also why they have a hard time getting int he top 10.

Since UCF chooses not to play any power 5 teams, it makes it impossible to disprove this int he minds of those who vote in the polls, 

Mini Mart Magnate

cadman said:
    UCF has a great offense, ranked number 4 by ESPN. UCF will score points. The problem is their defense sucks, ranked number 94 by ESPN. It is why unranked teams like Temple can score on them easily, 

This would lead one to believe if UCF ever plays a school with a highly ranked defense and a good offense they will lose. It is also why they have a hard time getting int he top 10.

Since UCF chooses not to play any power 5 teams, it makes it impossible to disprove this int he minds of those who vote in the polls, 
    Last I checked isn’t Pitt a Power 5 who just beat a top 25team last night.
    cadman said:

Pitt?? That’s the toughest team on your schedule  :D. You will never be in the top 4 with that schedule. Maybe sneak in to an 8 team playoff. But never top 4 with that sorry schedule. There would be 4 2 loos teams before an undefeated ucf gets in
    edited November 2018 #81
    FishInFL said:
    Scoutboat said:
    Temple does have a highly ranked offense and did take down #25 Cincinnati.  With that all being said, the defense did look bad.  Thanks UF Randy Shannon.

it is funny unlike any other sport - soccer, baseball, pro football... a win is what matters, but not anymore in college football for Group5 teams.  Now the goalposts have moved again where UCF most dominate every game, despite ND not doing the same against PITT.  It’s a joke
    We didn’t think Randy Shannon was good enough to stay on our staff. Glad he’s good enough for ucf
    cadman said:

Pitt?? That’s the toughest team on your schedule  :D. You will never be in the top 4 with that schedule. Maybe sneak in to an 8 team playoff. But never top 4 with that sorry schedule. There would be 4 2 loos teams before an undefeated ucf gets in
    Still sore from GA huh....   
    FishInFL said:
    cadman said:

Still sore from GA huh....   
    not at all, I never expected to win that game. Unlike you, I understand the limitations of my team. I have reasonable expectations for this year. But by your logic , since LSU best uga and we beat LSU, we are a better team than uga. Kinda sounds dumb when you hear it rather than say it, huh? I’d rather be a 4 loss gator than a ucf fan that goes undefeated. Btw what’s up with those terrible unis? Why the space script? Is that cause your 80 miles from the space coast? Wow,,,,, very imaginative....eye roll 
    On your way to a 4
    loss team 
    edited November 2018 #85
    Most like the space jerseys