Home Off Topic

Central Florida football

Replies

• FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    @cadman Oh okay so another well known and nationally recognized system recognized UCF as national champions. Still good enough for me. UCF 2017 National Champions baby!
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,734 AG
    @cadman Oh okay so another well known and nationally recognized system recognized UCF as national champions. Still good enough for me. UCF 2017 National Champions baby!
    They are not well known nor nationally recognized system any longer. they were removed form the BCS selection last year. Nobody had heard of Colley until his year when UCF made a big deal of being number one in their poll. The Colley poll uses a math program to generate it's poll, It wasn't that good is why the BCS dropped it. 

Using your logic, Alabama was the 2016 National champs. Colley said Alabama was #1 in 2016. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,876 Admiral
    kellercl said:
    Was it the same score as the elite power 5 auburn vs UCF?
    That’s like saying Utah is such a great program when they beat Bama in the bowl game a few years back. 
  • FishInFLFishInFL Posts: 2,222 Captain
    kellercl said:
    kellercl said:
    Was it the same score as the elite power 5 auburn vs UCF?
    Again??? A game that auburn didn’t care about vs the biggest game in ucf program history ... eye roll
    Lol, you do know what they say about excuses, don't you?

Plus you have got I love the double standard.  

"UCF hasn't beaten anybody!!"

"And anybody they have beaten doesn't count!!!"

How convenient for you.  
    He is just a hater
    cadman said:
    @Saltygatorvet Just so you know, UCF has beaten alabama in the past. A long time ago but they did. Also multiple teams have claimed national champions in the past when they didnt go to the final game including bama. The NCAA recognized bama and UCF as co'national champions. You keep saying highschool teams like pittsburgh oh wait that doesnt count. You also keep forgetting we have to play in conference but you p5 elitists hate common sense.  
    You are incorrect, The NCAA did not recognize UCF as the National champs. they reported that the Colley Matrix listed UCF as number one. The NCAA only recognizes Alabama as the National Champs. 

I wish UCF fans would quit repeating the FAKE NEWS that was reported by a UCF fan who saw the mention in the NCAA record books. 

I don’t think NCAA recognizes either as they don’t sanction any poll or playoff.  It’s a really odd situation 
    FishInFL said:

i know what it says. That is why I corrected you. If you go to page 120 it lists the National Champions.

Page 115 is just the poll listings. Look at other years beside last year and you will see similar listings. 

Mini Mart Magnate

@cadman Lol literally just proved wrong and still trying.
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
    @cadman Lol literally just proved wrong and still trying.
    who proved wrong?

Can you read?

Mini Mart Magnate

cadman said:
    FishInFL said:

i know what it says. That is why I corrected you. If you go to page 120 it lists the National Champions.

Page 115 is just the poll listings. Look at other years beside last year and you will see similar listings. 
    It’s lists other polls which some carry more weight, but a UCF is still listed.
    FishInFL said:
    cadman said:
    FishInFL said:

It’s lists other polls which some carry more weight, but a UCF is still listed.
    It is listed under the poll listings to show you what each of the polls ranked number one. As I said Colley put Alabama #1 in 2016. I don't hear Alabama claiming they were champs in 2016. The National Champions are listed on page 120

Mini Mart Magnate

On Big JIm Bob's national hot dog eating and national college football champion list, it also has UCF winning
    @cadman yeah, UCF is listed, so its recognized by the ncaa so youre wrong...
    @cadman yeah, UCF is listed, so its recognized by the ncaa so youre wrong...
    Jeesh you are thick headed and unable to read what the book says. UCF is not recognized by the NCAA for anything 

Mini Mart Magnate

• wynnvwynnv Posts: 383 Deckhand
    UCF fans....STOP!!!!! Just STOP!!!! I understand most of you are probably early to mid 30's so you cant help it if your football knowledge is lacking and you grew up in the participation trophy generation.(No offense intended) Your argument is old and weak. You didn't win anything!!!!!! If your claim to fame is you beat a uninspired Auburn team, Pitt and Memphis. Well I stand by my statement about your knowledge of CFB and how it works. Are you the best team in the State today? Possibly......but we will never know until you actually play a real schedule. Rant over
    @wynnv Well your first statement is wrong #1. My whole family are all fans of UCF. We did win. We have to play in conferencem, so for you to say "better schedule" is incredibly stupid. Anytime we beat a power 5 team it magically "doesnt count" or they were "uninspired" which is the dumbest thing ive ever heard. Yall power five fans keep talking and we will keep shutting you down. Im done with this conversation because all of your arguements will be the same as everyone elses which I already covered and shut down so you can just re-read the comments. Your rant sucked. If you respond again I wont respond. Have a nice day. 
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,415 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #49
    "beat some real teams!!"

*UCF beats Auburn*

"that doesn't count!!!"

Edit

Joking aside, if UCF finishes undefeated (which I'm not sure they will) and if they beat another high profile team in a bowl game (which is a giant if), will that game count?  Genuinely curious. 

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    I stand corrected...your lack of knowledge is worse than I thought. Peace brother.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    wynnv said:
    UCF fans....STOP!!!!! Just STOP!!!! I understand most of you are probably early to mid 30's so you cant help it if your football knowledge is lacking and you grew up in the participation trophy generation.(No offense intended) Your argument is old and weak. You didn't win anything!!!!!! If your claim to fame is you beat a uninspired Auburn team, Pitt and Memphis. Well I stand by my statement about your knowledge of CFB and how it works. Are you the best team in the State today? Possibly......but we will never know until you actually play a real schedule. Rant over
    This
    You should have been here yesterday
    I do want to clarify something, I am not a UCF fan.  I simply do not like the 4 team playoff system.  I want 8, no more, no less.  UCF could lose every game for the rest of the season and I would still argue 4 teams isn't a good playoff system.  8, IMHO, is perfect.  Some how my desire for a better playoff system is getting turned into being a UCF fan, I am not.  I was born and raised in Ohio, I'm a Buckeye.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    edited October 2018 #53
    I agree that the playoff system should be increased to 8. It is only a matter of time and it will be. Until then its the only system we have. Flawed yes......but its much better than what we had previously which was totally subjective. When I hear the UCF argument I cant help but think back to 1984 and BYU. They were 12-0 after playing a creme puff schedule. They went to the Holiday Bowl and beat a 6 and 5 Michigan team. The AP and UPI crowned them National Champs. Were they the best team that year? Doubtful..... Would the schedule they played that year get them into today's 4 team playoff ....No....but it was the was the system we had at that time.  And I will add there is a reason why college basketball (and other sports) uses a RPI. Most teams today try to schedule a somewhat challenging out of conference schedule. If you schedule and beat tougher opponents you are rewarded by your seeding in the tournament. What a concept!!!!!

Basically as of now, it’s Alabama and whoever will be the sacrificial lamb. And for the record I would have no problem if UCF makes the playoff.  
    Alabama should change out Citadel for UCF on 11/17. That would shut UCF up after that embarrassment. 

Mini Mart Magnate

wynnv said:
    I agree that the playoff system should be increased to 8. It is only a matter of time and it will be. Until then its the only system we have. Flawed yes......but its much better than what we had previously which was totally subjective. 

This 100%.  This was my one and only point.  Agreed.  Well said.  :):smile:

-Walter Payton
  • ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,446 Captain
    The University of S. Florida football team, this year, has not beaten a school with a winning record.
    I appreciate the loyalty, but facts are facts.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,295 AG
    cadman said:
    Alabama should change out Citadel for UCF on 11/17. That would shut UCF up after that embarrassment. 
    Bama is embarrassing everyone this year. I don't care who they play.   That team could beat the NY Giants right now. 
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,982 Admiral
    They should bust up all the conferences and use random computer generated schedules and the teams that end up with the best record at the end get to play for the final trophy.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    surfman said:
    They should bust up all the conferences and use random computer generated schedules and the teams that end up with the best record at the end get to play for the final trophy.

What about rivalry games?
    You should have been here yesterday
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,982 Admiral
    Too bad.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers