Home Off Topic

Central Florida football

ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,444 Captain
An excellent small college football team.
But, sorry guys, they cannot compete with the big boys,
Jim

Replies

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,293 AG
    They need to join the ACC so that conference can get some legitimate football teams back in there.   
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,962 Captain
    It's the biggest university in the nation lol
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 1,358 Officer
    Lol they cant compete with the big boys? Have you not been watching football like at all? The could crush, fsu, vandy, Tennesee, Auburn, Syracuse, Perdue, Arkansas, mizzou, ole miss and so many more. Lets not forget Notre Dame had a very difficult time beating Pitt AT HOME. UCF literally put 45 on them and held them to 14...If you really think UCF couldnt beat a team like Notre Dame your ignoring simple common sense. As for the Memphis game, Memphis had a 12 game winning streak at their home turf against ranked and unranked opponents and memphis is almost a rival game for us especially after they owed us a beating because we beat them twice last season. Memphis also has one of the best running backs in the nation right now. We also beat ECU by 27 points, which is 2 more over the estimated spread, with a second string quarter back and a majority of our second string defense in. Your statement is invalid. 
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • EnyarEnyar Posts: 101 Deckhand
    Loved seeing VA Tech getting smacked by a "lessor" GT. ACC is garbage this year.
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    Hey now, GT is not lessor than anybody, them are fighting words!

Not really, we kind of stink this year, and have for a while.  :)

UCF needs to play better teams, which is not easy now that they are having some success, but I don't think the ACC will take them, to be honest.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    Lol they cant compete with the big boys? Have you not been watching football like at all? The could crush, fsu, vandy, Tennesee, Auburn, Syracuse, Perdue, Arkansas, mizzou, ole miss and so many more. Lets not forget Notre Dame had a very difficult time beating Pitt AT HOME. UCF literally put 45 on them and held them to 14...If you really think UCF couldnt beat a team like Notre Dame your ignoring simple common sense. As for the Memphis game, Memphis had a 12 game winning streak at their home turf against ranked and unranked opponents and memphis is almost a rival game for us especially after they owed us a beating because we beat them twice last season. Memphis also has one of the best running backs in the nation right now. We also beat ECU by 27 points, which is 2 more over the estimated spread, with a second string quarter back and a majority of our second string defense in. Your statement is invalid. 
    Ha ha, seriously, Memphis. They are trash. If that is your argument that ucf could play in a real conference is ludicrous. And the Pitt argument is irrelevant.  If they had to play tough teams all season where the starters had to play all game, there will be more injuries. If your starters get to take the 4th quarter off because your blowing out a 6a team, then your team will not face the same challenges as a team that plays a tough conference schedule. Your doing fine, but just s flash in the pan. Play some tough teams, weak in and out and if your successful then you will be considered an elite program. Top 10 is nice, but if you ain’t first your last (btw my gators,while once there aren’t there either, but hopefully on the way back).
    You should have been here yesterday
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,962 Captain
    Ha ha, seriously, Memphis. They are trash. If that is your argument that ucf could play in a real conference is ludicrous. And the Pitt argument is irrelevant.  If they had to play tough teams all season where the starters had to play all game, there will be more injuries. If your starters get to take the 4th quarter off because your blowing out a 6a team, then your team will not face the same challenges as a team that plays a tough conference schedule. Your doing fine, but just s flash in the pan. Play some tough teams, weak in and out and if your successful then you will be considered an elite program. Top 10 is nice, but if you ain’t first your last (btw my gators,while once there aren’t there either, but hopefully on the way back).
    This is where you miss. UCF isnt trying to say their program is on the same level. Just that this team, especially with Milton at QB, is as good as the best in the country, except Alabama. No one has shown to be remotely close to them this year yet.
    @Saltygatorvet They played the whole game with the second string quarter back. Also to ruin your argument again, memphis can beat a lot of the top 25 teams this year. On top of that UCF has to play in conference so we dont get to pick how strong our conference is. The night that espn recently did where they talked about the playoff chances, they ranked UCF sos at 16th. ON TOP OF THAT, its typical for a power five elitist to dismiss when a power five team loses. The only criticism they had to offer UCF was the fact that they didnt have the head to head games but we have beaten the head to head teams. Again your arguments are invalid
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,402 Admiral
    The Power 5 own the NCAA because of the revenue they bring it.  College football is a ponzi scheme.  This is why the NFL is way better.  Green Bay can win more titles than New York City.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    edited October 2018 #12
    Our program is still light years ahead of yours even with the muschamp and Mac years. We have 3 legit national championships. Your program is fine, but you aren’t even “little brother” ... sorry.  Happy your little program is doing well in your little conference. But outside Orlando, no one cares

and seriously, Memphis???? That is your argument?? Your qb played the whole game and had to come back to barely win. Memphis is berely a d1 school. Get out of here with that garbage.  :D Memphis lol. And to say your sos is 16th May be the dumbest I’ve ever read on here and that really says something. They don’t even have the 16th hardest schedule in the southeast. Every team in a power 5 conference has a tougher schedule. That’s just ridiculous. If anyone said that in tv( which I seriously doubt ) they should be fired immediately 
    kellercl said:
    The Power 5 own the NCAA because of the revenue they bring it.  College football is a ponzi scheme.  This is why the NFL is way better.  Green Bay can win more titles than New York City.  
    Boo hoo
    Truth hurt, is that why you are crying?

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    @Saltygatorvet Thats fine, outside of Orlando we dont need anyone to care. We will just keep proving people like you wrong. No one would want to be "little brother" to the gators. "Oh hey! Look everyone Florida has a bunch of titles from forever ago...see no one cares". Theres a reason were in the top 10. We didnt get there by playing crap football or "small program" football. You sound like such a p5 elitist. How come weve been asking all the sec teams to schedule us and they wont? Because they are scared to lose. I understand there schedules are set years in advance. But if they are such big and strong teams why should they be afraid to play us in the future? Because we pose a massive threat to your fragile egos. Youve been sleeping on UCF and we are just getting warmed up. 
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,872 Admiral
    What was the Memphis and the cellar dwelling Missouri score again ?
    Was it the same score as the elite power 5 auburn vs UCF?

-Walter Payton
    kellercl said:
    Again??? A game that auburn didn’t care about vs the biggest game in ucf program history ... eye roll
    A kid was holding a great sign on espn game day
    ”ucf’s Schedule is easier that getting a degree from uga “  :D
    2amigo said:
    What was the Memphis and the cellar dwelling Missouri score again ?
    Yea, but what about Pitt???  :D
    I can’t wait for the powerhouse top 20 showdown between UCF and USF... should have some national implications....lol
    irrelevant bowl 
    edited October 2018 #22
    kellercl said:
    Again??? A game that auburn didn’t care about vs the biggest game in ucf program history ... eye roll
    Lol, you do know what they say about excuses, don't you?

Plus you have got I love the double standard.  

"UCF hasn't beaten anybody!!"

"And anybody they have beaten doesn't count!!!"

How convenient for you.  

-Walter Payton
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,685 AG
    edited October 2018 #23
    @Saltygatorvet They played the whole game with the second string quarter back. Also to ruin your argument again, memphis can beat a lot of the top 25 teams this year. On top of that UCF has to play in conference so we dont get to pick how strong our conference is. The night that espn recently did where they talked about the playoff chances, they ranked UCF sos at 16th. ON TOP OF THAT, its typical for a power five elitist to dismiss when a power five team loses. The only criticism they had to offer UCF was the fact that they didnt have the head to head games but we have beaten the head to head teams. Again your arguments are invalid
    Not sure what you were watching, but the ESPN power index, which is based on strength of schedule ranks UCF 33rd. It is one of the reasons UCF will never make the top 5 and are lucky to in the the top ten. 

Their strength of schedule is 80th.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings.

ESPN forcasts UCF to win all games due top their easy schedule. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

Reel Teal said:
    This is where you miss. UCF isnt trying to say their program is on the same level. Just that this team, especially with Milton at QB, is as good as the best in the country, except Alabama. No one has shown to be remotely close to them this year yet.
    UCF is a good top 25 team, but to claim they could beat anyone but Alabama is silly. Most of the top ten teams would beat them. If UCF had to play 5 top ten teams, they would be lucky to win one game out of five. 

Mini Mart Magnate

edited October 2018 #25
    What the ucf fans can’t understand , is it’s not about being able to beat one good team. It’s being able to beat 8 good teams (some better than others) over a season, then maybe a conference championship. Not getting lucky once over an uninspired team
    edited October 2018 #26
    @Saltygatorvet We have to play in conference! Why is that so hard to understand? What power five fans cant understand is that power five teams can lose without an excuse.  Weve tried to schedule harder teams no one will play us though. We have tried to get into a better conference but when we try we always get denied. Memphis is the only team we havent beaten the crap out of this season and I would lay out the facts AGAIN, but you seemed to have ignored those. So the p5 teams we have beaten are irrelevant? got it. Also youre saying Auburn wanted to lose on national television and in front of 70,000 fans? If you didnt get invited to the ball game because of a screwed up playoff system, shouldnt you try to beat the tar out of the next opponent to show that you deserved to go? Or does that not fit the power five narrative? Sorry lets make an excuse for every power five loss to a group of five team because we cant admit we genuinely lost. @2amigo Based on power five narrative, thats how that game should have gone. So I dont know why youre bragging about it. On top of that they played at Mizzou, had Mizzou played at memphis, I bet 9 times outa 10 that memphis would have won. @cadman They showed it on live tv the other night. I was confused when I saw it because online it does say 33rd. So when they said 16th I was really confused. I promise I saw 16th I was really thrown off. 
    edited October 2018 #27
    So Memphis gets crushed in Missouri, but wins 9 out of 10 at home??? gotcha :D
    Ucf would be middle of the pack in the acc and bottom of the pack in the sec. just sayin
    on a side note I’m watching game day in Jax and the UCF hate is strong. I see 3 anti ucf signs and they aren’t even on the schedule....
    @Saltygatorvet No UCF would definitley be close to the top of the pack behind Clemson. Yeah of course the UCF hate is strong, people always hate the national champions. They would also be close to the top of the sec. 
    @Saltygatorvet No UCF would definitley be close to the top of the pack behind Clemson. Yeah of course the UCF hate is strong, people always hate the national champions. They would also be close to the top of the sec. 
    Your right, a lot of people hate Alabama. But ucf wouldn’t be the same team playing a sec schedule. It’s easy to say your good when you beat a bunch of high school teams. But, congratulations on being champions of whatever conference your in. That’s something 
    @Saltygatorvet Just so you know, UCF has beaten alabama in the past. A long time ago but they did. Also multiple teams have claimed national champions in the past when they didnt go to the final game including bama. The NCAA recognized bama and UCF as co'national champions. You keep saying highschool teams like pittsburgh oh wait that doesnt count. You also keep forgetting we have to play in conference but you p5 elitists hate common sense.  
    @Saltygatorvet Just so you know, UCF has beaten alabama in the past. A long time ago but they did. Also multiple teams have claimed national champions in the past when they didnt go to the final game including bama. The NCAA recognized bama and UCF as co'national champions. You keep saying highschool teams like pittsburgh oh wait that doesnt count. You also keep forgetting we have to play in conference but you p5 elitists hate common sense.  
    You are incorrect, The NCAA did not recognize UCF as the National champs. they reported that the Colley Matrix listed UCF as number one. The NCAA only recognizes Alabama as the National Champs. 

I wish UCF fans would quit repeating the FAKE NEWS that was reported by a UCF fan who saw the mention in the NCAA record books. 

Mini Mart Magnate