Home Off Topic

It's Megan Kelly's turn to be attacked by the PC gestapo.

Replies

• kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,402 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #32
    Parkerboy said:
    kellercl said:
    I don't consider the confederacy American, given they succeeded from the union.  Non American monuments don't belong in this country, so I'm ok with getting rid of them.  People need to get over the confederate States, the war is over, you lost.  And no the south won't rise again.  I don't get the love affair.  

Edit
    Especially when most of the monuments were a by product of the daughters of the confederacy and will constructed decades after the war with a specific agenda in mind.  I've read, not sure if it is true, that Lee has more monuments than Washington... Which is ****ed up, if true that is.
    Your ignorance of U.S. history is showing. All Confederate States of America are legally U.S. veterans. I bet you believe the Southern States seceded because Lincoln opposed slavery and was planning to end it.
    I'm aware and my point is I personally don't agree.  You'll note I started my post with "I" and not "This country."  I made it clear it was my personal opinion, not an adopted country stance.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,592 AG
    The first major salvo in the shift from white men to white women...
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral
    nuevowavo said:
    Kelly's comment, that it was ok to put on blackface when she was a child, was the truth. I guess black folks would have been offended by it back then, just like they would have been offended by Al Jolson costumed as a black minstrel.
    The difference is, now you can't say that it was ever ok. If you're on national TV you've got to observe political correctness.
    But I'll bet she wouldn't have been fired if her show had decent ratings.

I just don't see how her comments could offend anyone. She also said "or a black person who puts on white face for Halloween" and I'm not offended.

Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
    She knew what she was signing on to when she signed with NBC.
    She also knows, far better than us, the risks/rewards of speaking freely on the air.
    She is better suited to a different format/content.

She was a hottie at Fox. I thing NBC toned down her looks as not to offend ugly liberal female viewers.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
    GA Fin said:
    nuevowavo said:
    Kelly's comment, that it was ok to put on blackface when she was a child, was the truth. I guess black folks would have been offended by it back then, just like they would have been offended by Al Jolson costumed as a black minstrel.
    The difference is, now you can't say that it was ever ok. If you're on national TV you've got to observe political correctness.

I just don't see how her comments could offend anyone. She also said "or a black person who puts on white face for Halloween" and I'm not offended.

I'm guessing because black face was a real thing, while white face wasn't.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 7,048 Admiral
    The other on air talent has resented her since she arrived with her large salary (larger than theirs) and her immediately large air time. Women, especially jealous women, can be extremely vicious. 
    Deo Vindice
    kellercl said:
    GA Fin said:
    nuevowavo said:

She was referring to kids Halloween costumes in the 70's(or 80's). Not Al Jolson. Perhaps she should have said "dressing up as a black character". She under estimated the leftists trigger pull.

When I was younger I wore a Tony Dorsett jersey. Cultural appropriation! 

Parkerboy said:
    The other on air talent has resented her since she arrived with her large salary (larger than theirs) and her immediately large air time. Women, especially jealous women, can be extremely vicious. 

Yep. Good old player hating.

• Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    Times change, want to find out how much, use the R word around the mother of a kid on the spectrum.

Is that PC too, or just adjusting to new societal norms?

• AaronCannonAaronCannon Northwest ArkansasPosts: 866 Officer
    She was on the verge of tears yesterday, soothed herself to sleep with recent bank statements.
    She was ok on fox, where she could ask rough questions...struggles on daytime fluff tv.
    Sold her soul, got a good price though.
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
  • AaronCannonAaronCannon Northwest ArkansasPosts: 866 Officer
    Times change, want to find out how much, use the R word around the mother of a kid on the spectrum.

Is that PC too, or just adjusting to new societal norms?

Depends on how the kids acting at time.  Parents who cant control their kids are ****.
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    edited October 2018 #44
    Kelly was was good on Fox because she was one of the few rational voices on the propaganda express.

She held no such similar distinction on her daytime show on NBC, and she got a bit of a raw deal because what she said wasn't really so controversial as to be fired for it, IMO.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,438 AG
    FOX would have fired her had she said the wrong thing there as well.
    "I don't know about this Jesus crap."
    "The poor ain't so bad."
    "Ted Cruz is a creep."

Her best bet is to take the $, call it fun ride, and make some lucky guy a sandwich.

I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,689 AG
    edited October 2018 #46
    kellercl said:
    GA Fin said:
    nuevowavo said:

Her comments were inappropriate but you must not have seen this movie,

The two "girls" in the middle are black guys. It was called White Chicks.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    Another example of the idiotic concept known as political correctness .
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,752 AG
    Megan Kelly ....hahaha
    Vote for the other candidate
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,603 AG
    Kelly was was good on Fox because she was one of the few rational voices on the propaganda express.

She held no such similar distinction on her daytime show on NBC, and she got a bit of a raw deal because what she said wasn't really so controversial as to be fired for it, IMO.
    I agree, that's why I don't watch fox...or CNN or MSNBC.

Captain Todd Approves

• 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,872 Admiral
    My 7 year old son loves Dwayne Wade.  In his spare time he only watches highlights of him on Youtube when he is not playing basketball.  He is going to be Dwayne Wade for Halloween.  He cut his soccer socks to make it look like the compression sleeves Wade wears on his knees and elbow.  He wanted to paint his skin "brown" as he says for the costume.  He can't obviously due to societal reasons but it is totally innocent and love for his favorite player. 
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    kellercl said:
    I don't consider the confederacy American, given they succeeded from the union.  Non American monuments don't belong in this country, so I'm ok with getting rid of them.  People need to get over the confederate States, the war is over, you lost.  And no the south won't rise again.  I don't get the love affair.  

Edit
    Especially when most of the monuments were a by product of the daughters of the confederacy and will constructed decades after the war with a specific agenda in mind.  I've read, not sure if it is true, that Lee has more monuments than Washington... Which is ****ed up, if true that is.
    So your okay with book burnings too?
     After all many are “offensive “. Mark Twain, Harper Lee to name a couple of authors. 
     Not to mention that the overwhelming majority of people under 45 have no clue as to who the hell that statue of a horse with some soldier looking dude sitting on it is, American history is not taught in today’s schools. 
    Megan Kelly hahaha
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,689 AG
    Mister-Jr said:
    Megan Kelly hahaha
    You are pitching em too high for this group. 

Right over their heads. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

"For all you kids watching at home, Santa just is white, but this person is just arguing that maybe we should also have a black Santa," adding, "But Santa is what he is, and just so you know, we're just debating this because someone wrote about it." 

Hahah, let’s all listen to Meg.

Haha

“Lock her up, lock her up!”
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 9,810 Admiral
    She just didn't have the chops to pull it off.

Here's how to do it right.

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
    edited October 2018 #57
    kellercl said:

Edit
    So your okay with book burnings too?
     After all many are “offensive “. Mark Twain, Harper Lee to name a couple of authors. 
     Not to mention that the overwhelming majority of people under 45 have no clue as to who the hell that statue of a horse with some soldier looking dude sitting on it is, American history is not taught in today’s schools. 
    You are confusing my stance of the confederacy not being american with being offended.  Your entire post is non sequitur.  And I am well under 45 and very much know who the dude on the horse is.  And if anybody needs to revisit a history book, it is those who romanticize what the south stood for.   

-Walter Payton
    Most of the statues were erected long after the civil war ended. Most during Jim Crow era
    2amigo said:
    Most of the statues were erected long after the civil war ended. Most during Jim Crow era
    Which almost imlpies the statues weren't intended for memorial purposes, but rather had an alternative intention.

-Walter Payton
    kellercl said:
    2amigo said:
    Which almost imlpies the statues weren't intended for memorial purposes, but rather had an alternative intention.
    Yep. 
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,592 AG
    edited October 2018 #61
    These guys still on?