Home Off Topic

Fsu clemson

SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
edited October 2018 in Off Topic #1
Why no fsu thread fritter? Just want to talk about gators huh? Hope Clemson beats the brakes off y’all 
You should have been here yesterday

Replies

• FletchFletch Merritt Island, FLPosts: 2,461 Moderator
    I'm sure they will. I predict the worst with each game we play. Take the wins when we get them but you won't hear me bragging. 
    "Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent, I'll probably waste..."
    -- Tug McGraw on getting a raise

Get Down Fishing Charters - Port Canaveral, Florida
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,352 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #3
    Go FSU 

I want to see all teams with 1 loss, just to watch the selection madness.  I enjoy seeing people pretend the process is quantitative.

Edit
    More specifically I want Oklahoma, Notre dame, Michigan, Clemon, Georgia and Bama to all finish with 1 lose.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,827 AG
    I'm sure if UCF had any competition, they'd end with a loss or 3. 

I support UCF and their team. USF too
  • MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,800 Captain
    I think USF goes down this week.
    rock_fish said:
    I'm sure if UCF had any competition, they'd end with a loss or 3. 

I support UCF and their team. USF too
    My comment doesn't have anything to do with UCF.  I genuinely enjoy the selection process when it is messy.  Like Ohio getting in despite not winning their conference a few years back.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • ScoutboatScoutboat Posts: 2,441 Captain
    Why no fsu thread fritter? Just want to talk about gators huh? Hope Clemson beats the brakes off y’all 
    Clemson will soundly beat FSU.
    How did UCF and USF get into the discussion?
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    Scoutboat said:
    Clemson will soundly beat FSU.
    How did UCF and USF get into the discussion?
    some folks can’t let things be 

Until they play UF and get chomped
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,579 AG
    frank said:
    Until they play UF and get chomped
    Like I said FSUs schedule only gets easier after this weekend.
    I agree, considering Clemson is #2. But FSU is unlikely, at their current level of play, to win any of them except maybe Boston College. I do hope FSU beats Boston College. that way the Gators can crush their hopes of going to a bowl. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

They are good this year, or at the very least better than they had been 
    which is more than care be said for FSU, which is just bad
    From a rebuilding perspective gator fans, unfortunately, have a right to be happy.  Progress is clearly being made.

-Walter Payton
    Not good enough to beat UGA (of whom TTF is only a fan when they are winning. Sad). Probably good enough to beat the Noles but in a rivalry like that, it could be anyones game.

Go Tritons! Undefeated since 1958
    Glad we agree you are a fair weather fan. Always have, always will
    This is a great game so far, 

Clemson 28 FSU 0

Don't you love it!

Mini Mart Magnate

• MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 2,187 Captain
    Sounds like fsu played the first qtr ok on defense.  Unfortunately for fsu; there is 3/4 more to play 
    edited October 2018 #17
    G g g g g ga goooooose egg?

Lol, awesome game so far. Best of the year
    As Taggart said at halftime about FSU and the game "We are playing loser football"

Mini Mart Magnate

• conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,038 Admiral
    It is actually sad to watch. 

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Is the spread covered? Anyone know? TTF?
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,813 AG
    Massive beat-down...
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,856 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #22
    Shows good coaching on Clemson’s part over the past few years. Not ranked in the top 10 average over the last 5 years In recruiting. . FSU recruiting rankings are #3 average over last 5 years. 
    2amigo said:
    Shows good coaching on Clemson’s part over the past few years. Not ranked in the top 10 average over the last 5 years. FSU rankings are #3 average over last 5 years. 
    Doesn't that more demonstrate just how inaccurate the rankings are?

-Walter Payton
    edited October 2018 #24
    You mean recruiting rankings Keller?  That’s what I meant and just changed it. 
    2amigo said:
    Shows good coaching on Clemson’s part over the past few years. Not ranked in the top 10 average over the last 5 years. FSU rankings are #3 average over last 5 years. 
    Huh? Clemson finished in the top ten last four out of five years. It was 2014 when they finished 17. Every other year was top ten finish.

2013 FSU was number 1, 2014 FSU was number 3, 2015 they were 14th, 2016 number 8, unranked last year, I will use 25. 

How does that translate into a number 3 average? Closer to 11th. 

Mini Mart Magnate

cadman said:
    2amigo said:
    Huh? Clemson finished in the top ten last four out of five years. It was 2014 when they finished 17. Every other year was top ten finish.

2013 FSU was number 1, 2014 FSU was number 3, 2015 they were 14th, 2016 number 8, unranked last year, I will use 25. 

Had to correct it. Meant recruiting rankings 
    Oh that makes sense Amigo.  Got it.

-Walter Payton
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Only one word......OUCH!! 
    2amigo said:
    cadman said:
    2amigo said:

Had to correct it. Meant recruiting rankings 
    That was the reason FSU fans claimed they were going to have a great season this year under Taggart. The team was loaded with top recruits and only needed a great coach. Now they blame the losses on Jimbo's recruiting and say all they need is Taggart's great recruiting to get them back on top.

Mini Mart Magnate

• FletchFletch Merritt Island, FLPosts: 2,461 Moderator
    edited October 2018 #30
    cadman said:

Clemson 28 FSU 0

Don't you love it!

I enjoyed the UGA - UF game much more. :)
    "Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent, I'll probably waste..."
    -- Tug McGraw on getting a raise

Get Down Fishing Charters - Port Canaveral, Florida
    Fletch said:
    cadman said:

Clemson 28 FSU 0

Don't you love it!

I enjoyed the UGA - UF game much more. :)
    it was a better game, the Gators at least came to play football, more than you can say for FSU. Our defense did a good job, we just need a better QB. 

The Gators even led the game briefly. 

i just realized that FSU was losing by more points in the first half than the Gators did the entire game. 

Mini Mart Magnate