Home Off Topic

Only in Gainesville! What's wrong with this picture?

2»

Replies

• Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,962 Captain
    No actually you can be a criminal without being convicted. A crime can occur before or without being charged or convicted. 
    crim·i·nal
    /ˈkrim(ə)n(ə)l/
    noun
    1. 1.
      a person who has committed a crime.
    crime
    /krīm/
    noun
    1. an action or omission that constitutes an offense that may be prosecuted by the state and is punishable by law.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,579 AG
    Finfinder said:
    cadman said:
    I know what you attempted to make, just pointed out it was incorrect for this town .
    Understood but it shouldn't need a committee to take it down.  It's not like her reputation will ever be restored even if she wins the appeal.  
    It was a decision by the City Commission to name it in 2014. The City Commission is the one that needs to decide top rename it. They are very liberal and will likely want to be sure she is convicted knowing them. These are the same guys who want to ban styrofoam and plastic straws. As I said above, it will eventually get renamed, but they have a few that need to be convinced. 

Nothing goes fast when dealing with the City Commission. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,010 AG
    edited October 2018 #36
    Reel Teal said:
    No actually you can be a criminal without being convicted. A crime can occur before or without being charged or convicted. 
    Ok, let's say you're right for a moment.

Were the confederate soldiers criminals for their treasonous actions?

You would be better off to not answer that question, and maybe share with us the definition of treason or something.
    Reel Teal said:

You would be better off to not answer that question, and maybe share with us the definition of treason or something.
    The civil war has absolutely nothing to do with corinne brown stealing money through a fake charity. 
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    Reel Teal said:
    Reel Teal said:

The civil war has absolutely nothing to do with corinne brown stealing money through a fake charity. 
    Standby, his next post will probably contain a picture of Richard Spencer's milk icon and a reference to your racism.
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    edited October 2018 #39
    See post #15

Regardless of how democrat aligned Gville City government is, and they are, the name will be changed because they won't want people to remember the conviction

but it does give some folks reasonr to be curmudgeonly