Home Off Topic

Tonites Lottery

stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,688 Admiral
If I won it I'd buy a yacht like Tiger Wood's. hire a good crew & spend the rest of my life cruising all around the world anywhere I wanted to go fishing.

Replies

• Gary SGary S Posts: 2,320 Captain
    If I won I would buy a place next to TRT and watch the fun.
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 5,058 Moderator
    Well I didn't win :sI'm very disappointed in the lady at 7-11 who sold me the ticket, she said it was a winner.
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,320 Captain
    I was just 5 numbers away from being a billion air.
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,563 AG
    I would have bought a nice CC and a house in the Keys, then a house and property in Wyoming and split time between hunting and fishing. 
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,763 AG
    edited October 2018 #6
    One person in South Carolina won.  Lump sum payout $913Million or 20 annual installments of $50Million. 
    Vote for the other candidate
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,787 AG
    I want a do over.
    Mister-Jr said:
    One person in South Carolina won.  Lump sum payout $913 or 20 annual installments of $50Million. 
    I think i'd take the 50 mil per year, if you can't make that work, you don't need the money. 
  • StumpwaterStumpwater Posts: 341 Deckhand
    Who insures that the funds to make the payments would still be available in 20 years? I'd take the lump.
    Who insures that the funds to make the payments would still be available in 20 years? I'd take the lump.
    About the same people who insure that money in the bank will be there in 20 years, it's a gamble either way.  or you can scrooge mcduck it in a big vault and hope no one steals it. 
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,416 AG
    It is an annuity. The lottey buys treasury bonds backed by the federal government to pay out the installments. 

Trust me, if the payments aren't there in 20 years, it won't matter because the entire economy will have collapsed.

BTW, Mega Millions is a 29 year payout. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,651 Admiral
    Mister-Jr said:
    One person in South Carolina won.  Lump sum payout $913Million or 20 annual installments of $50Million. 
    My production plant is located in Simpsonville, where the ticket was sold.  I wonder if anyone didn't report to the plant today?
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,616 Admiral

This ^ So much can happen in 20 years.
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,688 Admiral
    What I was wishing for got me looking at yachts.  Paul Allens yacht was the largest.

There is 2 larger now.  His was 441 ft long with a 60 something ft beam.  It's crew is 57 members & costs $384,000 a week to operate.

It has 2 helicopters 2 subs a movie thearer, a basketball court it's shuttle boat is 63 ft.

It cost $200 million euros to build. The yachts name was Octopus.  

Steve Jobs yacht is a nice one too.  It cost $100 million.

TW's yacht was $20 million