Home Off Topic

PETA - UNHINGED

Replies

• treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 5,152 Admiral
    PETA isn't unhinged they're just acting normal as usual
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #33
    First the "ok" sign and now milk, boy they are trolling the easily trolled at new levels.  It's so easy to get the talking point regurgitators to say things like "dog whistle".
    Also, peta is the whitest organization to ever exist.
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,719 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #34
    A. Some have adopted milk as a symbol of white supremacy.  

B. Milk has been adopted as a symbol of white supremacy.

The problem is some folks here are treating statement "A" and "B" as equivalent, despite the fact they are not.  PETA is making statement "B," which is horse****.  Statement "A" is accurate.  

"Cows milk IS a symbol of white supremacy"

No, it isn't.  It is for some.  It is not widely accepted as anything remotely like that.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • jcbcpajcbcpa Posts: 1,945 Captain
    kellercl said:
    A) Some have adopted milk as a symbol of white supremacy.  

B) Milk has been adopted as a symbol of white supremacy.

The problem is some folks here are treating statement "A" and "B" as equivalent, despite the fact they are not.  PETA is making statement "B," which is horse****.  Statement "A" is accurate.  

"Cows milk IS a symbol of white supremacy"

No, it isn't.  It is for some.  It is not widely accepted as anything remotely like that.
    Really? I know I'm sheltered and way behind on lots of things down here, but Milk has been adopted as a symbol of white supremacy? Dang! 

I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.
    Herbert Bayard Swope
    US editor & journalist (1882 - 1958)
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,487 AG
    So much idiocy.

Liberal idiocy.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"
  • TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,012 AG
    edited October 2018 #37
    They ain't liberals.  

In fact, they share a particular tone when describing immigrants with at least one person around here.
  • MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,800 Captain
    Tarp u must be off ur meds. U defend trash like PETA but you do include the trashy racist examples I applaud the second. The first is unforgivable. 
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,693 Admiral
    I been drinking milk all my life and I haven't turned any whiter.  I'm still just as dark and freckled.
    edited October 2018 #40

The U.S.-based white supremacist movement that calls itself the “alt-right” has recently embraced milk as a symbol. In February, shirtless neo-**** protesters danced outside Shia LaBeouf’s anti-Trump art installation, He Will Not Divide Us, chugging gallons of milk that dripped messily down their chins.

Later, they claimed this act symbolized their opposition to “the vegan agenda.”

A poem appeared on an extreme right-wing news site, insisting: “roses are red, barack (sic) is half black, if you can’t drink milk, you have to go back.”

Other white supremacist discussion threads feature a map of the world tracking lactose intolerance, and academic studies of lactose intolerance in a Slavic population.

Infamous white supremacists Richard Spencer, president of the white nationalist think tank, National Policy Institute, and Tim Treadstone, the extreme right wing social media personality who goes by the name of Baked Alaska, both added milk symbols to their Twitter profiles.

http://theconversation.com/milk-a-symbol-of-neo-****-hate-83292
    LOL.  You guys are being trolled.

Conspiracy theorists always see secret symbols and gestures.
    But the alt-right turned this upside down, then inside out: Rather than accuse other people of secretly communicating an evil agenda, seed the idea that you're doing it.

...From there, it was but a short hop to some racist poetry and the idea of making milk a symbol for whiteness. A couple of weeks later, neo-**** drank milk while trolling Shia LaBeouf's anti-Trump performance art piece, He Will Not Divide Us. The media took it from there.

They repeated this cycle—make a joke, perform the joke in real life, watch the media report on the joke as a real menace—with the OK signnumber of media sites recently claimed that the alt-right adopted it as a symbol of white power, and that ultra-conservative commentators like Mike Cernovich use it as a dog whistle. None of that is true. Cernovich was indeed using it, but only to rile up people convinced that he and others on the far right use it to convey white supremacy. All of this, in the eyes of the trolls, makes the mainstream media look like buffoons.

Again and again, the mainstream media—which the alt-right deems a liberal apparatus—unwittingly amplifies a message designed to make it look foolish.

But even sham symbols can bring real results by stoking paranoia. And the media's participation in this cycle erodes its credibility: If the alt-right can bamboozle reporters into declaring the OK sign a symbol of white supremacy, its reporting on other topics—and other gestures, like that ISIS one-finger salute—starts to look suspect. Already the conspiracy-minded are making that leap. It's not much better if you take duped journalists at their word, either, because the internet they see is an ideological minefield, where Instagramming your breakfast cereal could be tantamount to having "1488" tattooed across your knuckles. Either way, the alt-right wins—unless the internet starves the trolls trying to feed it.

https://www.wired.com/2017/05/alt-rights-newest-ploy-trolling-false-symbols/
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,763 AG
    I drink scotch, not milk. 
    Vote for the other candidate
  • AaronCannonAaronCannon Northwest ArkansasPosts: 873 Officer
    Better take milk and cheese off the wic list, wouldnt want to offend anybody
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
    edited October 2018 #43
    MGTeacher said:
    Tarp u must be off ur meds. U defend trash like PETA but you do include the trashy racist examples I applaud the second. The first is unforgivable. 
    You must not be able to read.

Outside of pointing out your words about them are inaccurate (and they are), I haven't defended PETA.  To the contrary, and I quote:
    I'm no fan of PETA either
    and
    the ridiculous PETA blog
    and even
    a dumb PETA blog
    Do you read often, or do you just scan a few words, like you did with this article and my post, then make up silly things to say?

Meds work, but there's no cure for stupid.
    edited October 2018 #44

The U.S.-based white supremacist movement that calls itself the “alt-right” has recently embraced milk as a symbol. In February, shirtless neo-**** protesters danced outside Shia LaBeouf’s anti-Trump art installation, He Will Not Divide Us, chugging gallons of milk that dripped messily down their chins.

Later, they claimed this act symbolized their opposition to “the vegan agenda.”

A poem appeared on an extreme right-wing news site, insisting: “roses are red, barack (sic) is half black, if you can’t drink milk, you have to go back.”

Other white supremacist discussion threads feature a map of the world tracking lactose intolerance, and academic studies of lactose intolerance in a Slavic population.

Infamous white supremacists Richard Spencer, president of the white nationalist think tank, National Policy Institute, and Tim Treadstone, the extreme right wing social media personality who goes by the name of Baked Alaska, both added milk symbols to their Twitter profiles.

http://theconversation.com/milk-a-symbol-of-neo-****-hate-83292
    LOL.  You guys are being trolled.

Conspiracy theorists always see secret symbols and gestures.
    But the alt-right turned this upside down, then inside out: Rather than accuse other people of secretly communicating an evil agenda, seed the idea that you're doing it.

...From there, it was but a short hop to some racist poetry and the idea of making milk a symbol for whiteness. A couple of weeks later, neo-**** drank milk while trolling Shia LaBeouf's anti-Trump performance art piece, He Will Not Divide Us. The media took it from there.

They repeated this cycle—make a joke, perform the joke in real life, watch the media report on the joke as a real menace—with the OK signnumber of media sites recently claimed that the alt-right adopted it as a symbol of white power, and that ultra-conservative commentators like Mike Cernovich use it as a dog whistle. None of that is true. Cernovich was indeed using it, but only to rile up people convinced that he and others on the far right use it to convey white supremacy. All of this, in the eyes of the trolls, makes the mainstream media look like buffoons.

Again and again, the mainstream media—which the alt-right deems a liberal apparatus—unwittingly amplifies a message designed to make it look foolish.

But even sham symbols can bring real results by stoking paranoia. And the media's participation in this cycle erodes its credibility: If the alt-right can bamboozle reporters into declaring the OK sign a symbol of white supremacy, its reporting on other topics—and other gestures, like that ISIS one-finger salute—starts to look suspect. Already the conspiracy-minded are making that leap. It's not much better if you take duped journalists at their word, either, because the internet they see is an ideological minefield, where Instagramming your breakfast cereal could be tantamount to having "1488" tattooed across your knuckles. Either way, the alt-right wins—unless the internet starves the trolls trying to feed it.

https://www.wired.com/2017/05/alt-rights-newest-ploy-trolling-false-symbols/
    You got it right, Jeff.

Here's the thing though, and when a bunch of alt right white supremacist trolls use it that way, and their single chromosome followers do to, it is being used that way.   PETA eats it up, regurgitates it, local news catches it and drifts the clickbait, then MGT brings it to us.  Mission accomplished.

http://theconversation.com/how-the-alt-right-uses-milk-to-promote-white-supremacy-94854

You are right to point out it is all a troll.

• mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,924 AG
    stc1993 said:
    I been drinking milk all my life and I haven't turned any whiter.  I'm still just as dark and freckled.
    Try heavy whipping cream for a while.

Captain Todd Approves

Using it in what way?  
    The point of the alt-right satire/trolling is to get people like peta (who most people think are loony) to take the bait and publicly reinforce the majority of Americans' view of them.  Of course it is mainly aimed at the media as they also know some media outlets are always going to be stupid enough to report on it = another reinforcement of how people view the foolish media.
    Posting it on FS is merely bringing another silly topic up for comment. 
    Again, the joke is on the people who report it and those who are paranoid enough believe that racists are getting together and fueling their hate with cold milk.
  • MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,800 Captain

Meds work, but there's no cure for stupid.
    I'm sure you know that as a fact, since you have to live with it.
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,982 Admiral
    Cyclist said:
    And for the record, the racists are unhinged...always have been. White boy victim hood is ridunculous.
    Yes, you are.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 5,982 Admiral
    Both PETA and the white supremacists are idiots, how about that.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
    edited October 2018 #50
    Kingfish (whiting), I have decided singularly that it is a racist symbol, now everybody has to agree because one person said so.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Cyclist said:

They are called “calves” not baby cows!! LOL
     Wolfs and mountain lions also eat “baby cows” does that mean we should not eat veal???
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    First the "ok" sign and now milk, boy they are trolling the easily trolled at new levels.  It's so easy to get the talking point regurgitators to say things like "dog whistle".
    Also, peta is the whitest organization to ever exist.
    Well, if it’s on the internet, it must be true.  ;)
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    this is perfect   about the 1:35 mark they hit this subject LOL 

• Tarpon MonoxideTarpon Monoxide Posts: 566 Officer
    edited October 2018 #54
    Do what these informed scholars do to avoid being called racists by pinheads for drinking white milk so they just drink chocolate milk that comes from brown cows.

Only in America, where now the Communist Media labels their reporting videos as peaceful protesting while buildings are burning in the background, criminal thugs are running out of stores with looted goods, vehicles being burned out, innocent persons getting shot or getting their heads bashed in and general mayhem and chaos and the media video reports to the public peaceful protesting.

LeBron James Slams "........" over Goodyear Boycott: "We Don’t Bend, Fold or Break for Nobody - Except China."

There’s Lebron James, talking about the horrors of slavery while slaves in "Chinese slave labor camps make shoes with Lebron James name on them for Nike. I guess if you signal that you have virtue, you don’t have to have any actual virtue."

Lebron James greatly helped the unemployment rate to go down to %2, that is for child slave labor in China.

A white says the n word and is chastised for it, a black rapper raps over and over and over ad nauseam on his albums the degrading and demeaning n word and is praised for his music and rewarded with millions of dollars with not a peep from the peanut gallery. Where is the outrage for the black rap albums full of the n word? It got lost in their double standard.

Colon Kapernick Nike's Ignorant Stephin Fetchit!

America, the land of the "regressives" proposed free health care for illegal aliens paid for by legal tax paying Americans who have to pay exorbitant rates for their own health insurance.

• AaronCannonAaronCannon Northwest ArkansasPosts: 873 Officer
    Maybe peta has already played this card, but id like to start a pool on pork getting hit for being the other white meat.

The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
    Maybe peta has already played this card, but id like to start a pool on pork getting hit for being the other white meat.

White wine is racist too.  

-Walter Payton
  • HomerSimpsonHomerSimpson Posts: 6,573 Admiral
    p.s. for the record, I really like milk, and always have.  This does "nothing of the sort" to change that.  :)

PETA covers you in the "unwitting"
    .kellercl said:
    Kingfish (whiting), I have decided singularly that it is a racist symbol, now everybody has to agree because one person said so.

As a white person, I am offended by whiting.  

I think we should change its name to the "privileged drum".  

:)
  • Walker DogWalker Dog Posts: 2,155 Captain
    Cyclist said:
    And for the record, the racists are unhinged...always have been. White boy victim hood is ridunculous.
    Sounds like you're in the "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" camp. Amusing to watch you describe others as they see you.
    Finfinder said:
    this is perfect   about the 1:35 mark they hit this subject LOL 

The NPC meme is dehumanizing - reported      :)
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,693 Admiral

Try heavy whipping cream for a while.
    I eat a lot of cottage cheese & pineapple too. :)