Home Off Topic

PETA - UNHINGED

Replies

• kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,665 Admiral
    I hate every aspect of peta.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 11,662 AG
    Another case of "you can't make this **** up"
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 11,662 AG
    You can't make this **** up.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,879 AG
    And drinking almond milk makes you a ****.  

Captain Todd Approves

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,011 AG
    You're right, you can't make this **** up:

You were saying?
    edited October 2018 #7
    You're right, you can't make this crap up:

I'm no fan of PETA either, but you might want to watch the video attached to the article that PETA actually cites as a reference:  https://metro.co.uk/2017/02/21/secret-****-code-kept-hidden-by-milk-and-vegan-agenda-6463079/

You were saying?
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,534 AG
    What about Yoohoo? 
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
    edited October 2018 #9
    You're right, you can't make this crap up:

I'm no fan of PETA either, but you might want to watch the video attached to the article that PETA actually cites as a reference so you are more educated on the dog whistles terms these groups use before you deny their existence:  https://metro.co.uk/2017/02/21/secret-****-code-kept-hidden-by-milk-and-vegan-agenda-6463079/

You were saying?
    I'm saying a few extreme morons do not speak for nor represent an entire demographic.  I use milk daily for my oatmeal, and racism has nothing to do with it.  The idea that milk is racist because of two people...  um, no.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    edited October 2018 #10
    Of course you do.   So do I.

That doesn't change the link to white supremacists.  Also, that doesn't change that PETA said nothing of the sort.

Read the PETA blog from March of last year that was the source of the clickbait article MGT shared:  https://www.peta.org/blog/cows-milk-perfect-drink-supremacists/?utm_source=PETA::Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=1018::veg::PETA::Twitter::White Supremacist Milk::::tweet

Do you think it said anything like the local article, MGT says or what you suggested?

The way I read it, it sure doesn't....but please read it and decide for yourself.

I've have read and have decided.  There isn't a link, just moron extremists.  This entire concept reminds me of people "linking" video games and school shootings.  

-Walter Payton
    edited October 2018 #12
    So are you saying the "moron extremists" have co-opted it as a dogwhistle, and the article (and PETA for that matter) and this thread are ridiculous to suggest it's anything other than that?

If so, I agree.

• MGTeacherMGTeacher South GaPosts: 1,800 Captain
    So are you saying the "moron extremists" have co-opted it as a dogwhistle, and the article (and PETA for that matter) and this thread are ridiculous to suggest it's anything other than that?

If so, I agree.

The title of the article says all you need to know. They're people who believe white milk is racist. 
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,962 Captain
    Cows are racist. They wont make chocolate milk, only the white kind. White people make milk more inclusive. Thanks Coenraad Johannes van Houten, for allowing us to be more progressive in our dairy beverage choices.

If so, I agree.

Yep.

-Walter Payton
    My faith in humanity has been restored.  :)  Thanks Keller.  
  • HomerSimpsonHomerSimpson Posts: 6,573 Admiral
    The way I read it, it sure doesn't....but please read it and decide for yourself.

I don't think you read the link you posted
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    edited October 2018 #18
    industrial cows milk is blood and pussss. Ill take cashew milk every time.

I posted two links, and I've read them all.

I don't think you think before you post, but I reserve the right to change my mind depending on how you answer this:

What part do you think I missed?
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    And for the record, the racists are unhinged...always have been. White boy victim hood is ridunculous.

I posted two links, and I've read them all.

I don't think you think before you post, but I reserve the right to change my mind depending on how you answer this:

What part do you think I missed?
    As when Christoph Waltz’s character in Inglorious Bastards drinks a glass of milk and a character in a pivotal scene of Get Out sips the cow secretion, dairy milk has long been embraced as a symbol of white supremacy.

so that's "nothing of the sort" ????
    edited October 2018 #22
    So tell me, Homer, how one goes from "dairy milk has long been embraced as a symbol of white supremacy" to "drinking white milk makes you a racist"?

You can't.  There's nothing of the sort in the PETA article (or the source it cites) that suggests otherwise.

To draw a parallel with similarly ridiculous logic:  You wear polo shirts.  White supremacists wear polo shirts.  Therefore you are a white supremacist.

That's what MGT's nonsensically unhinged line of logic as expressed in the first line in this thread suggested -- the problem is neither that article nor PETA say anything of the sort.

So, yes, that's nothing of the sort.

Did you think I missed another part?
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,254 Admiral

The U.S.-based white supremacist movement that calls itself the “alt-right” has recently embraced milk as a symbol. In February, shirtless neo-**** protesters danced outside Shia LaBeouf’s anti-Trump art installation, He Will Not Divide Us, chugging gallons of milk that dripped messily down their chins.

Later, they claimed this act symbolized their opposition to “the vegan agenda.”

A poem appeared on an extreme right-wing news site, insisting: “roses are red, barack (sic) is half black, if you can’t drink milk, you have to go back.”

Other white supremacist discussion threads feature a map of the world tracking lactose intolerance, and academic studies of lactose intolerance in a Slavic population.

Infamous white supremacists Richard Spencer, president of the white nationalist think tank, National Policy Institute, and Tim Treadstone, the extreme right wing social media personality who goes by the name of Baked Alaska, both added milk symbols to their Twitter profiles.

http://theconversation.com/milk-a-symbol-of-neo-****-hate-83292
    Ice cream sales are higher in the summer.  Crime increases in the summer.  Ice cream causes crime.  

-Walter Payton
     cow’s milk really is the perfect drink of choice for all (even unwitting) supremacists

if you're white, and you drink milk, you're a supremacist whether you know it or not.

defiantly doesn't pass the "nothing of the sort" test

also, please consider the title of the OP's article:  Cow’s milk is a symbol of white supremacy, PETA claims

almost a direct quote from the blog : dairy milk has long been embraced as a symbol of white supremacy. But I guess that's nothing of the sort either
     cow’s milk really is the perfect drink of choice for all (even unwitting) supremacists

if you're white, and you drink milk, you're a supremacist whether you know it or not.

also, please consider the title of the OP's article:  Cow’s milk is a symbol of white supremacy, PETA claims

almost a direct quote from the blog : dairy milk has long been embraced as a symbol of white supremacy. But I guess that's nothing of the sort either
    This.  It maybe embraced by a few morons, for everybody else it is just milk.  

-Walter Payton
    edited October 2018 #29

Thank you.  I have considered all of it, including the rest of the paragraph you didn't quote:

Aside from “lactose-tolerant” white supremacists, cow’s milk really is the perfect drink of choice for all (even unwitting) supremacists, since the dairy industry inflicts extreme violence on other living beings. PETA is trying to wake people up to the implications of choosing this white beverage and suggesting that they choose something else pronto.

The facts are that white suprematists have taken up milk as a xenophobic dogwhistle, just as PETA stated and just as those pictures I added to this thread prove.  Cows milk IS a symbol of white supremacy.  However, nowhere does it say that people that drink white milk are supremacists like MGT opened this thread with -- that's ridiculous no matter who says it, even if taken out of context from the ridiculous PETA blog, and without noting the word "white" isn't even used in the sentence we both quoted (presumably because they recognize the difference between animal supremacy and racial supremacy that is going right over your head).

So, posting dumb things about a dumb local news article about a dumb PETA blog is, well, dumb.  

Now you can continue to more finely parse the articles to try and show me that I should have said "never really said anything of the sort" rather than "nothing of the sort" -- and I probably would even agree that wording is more accurate -- but none of that changes the ridiculous opening sentence that I was referring to in the first place:
    Drinking White milk makes you a racist.
    Thanks for your response and the opportunity to clarify why I think MGT is (again) ridiculously off base...Mike

p.s. for the record, I really like milk, and always have.  This does "nothing of the sort" to change that.  :)
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,879 AG
    Cyclist said:

I like when vegan post s][it lke this as if we care.  I happen to enjoy the pus.

By the way I drink whole milk.  GD right! I am proud.  Don't let me catch you drinking half and half boy. 

Captain Todd Approves