Home Off Topic

UF vs UGA

Replies

• wynnvwynnv Posts: 392 Deckhand
    edited October 2018 #32
    Really looking forward to this game. CFB is so much more exciting when your team is ranked and the game has national implications.  I believe all the pressure is on Georgia. They should of won it all last year and they know they blew the chance. Georgia comes out tight and stumbles for a while.  Mullen has UF playing far better than I imagined in year one. The team has responded well to him and over achieved to this point, but reality is Georgia has the better roster and with all the top 5 recruiting classes better depth. I think Kirby Smart is a really good coach and cant see Georgia losing two in a row. The Gators plays tough but run out of gas late. 

Hope I am wrong......Go Gators!!!!!!
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,630 Admiral
    We'll know tomorrow.

Go you Silver Britches.
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,863 AG
    Which team has a goat as a mascot? 

Sad individual TTF is. Really sad. Thoughts and prayers to you and yours, TTF
  • wynnvwynnv Posts: 392 Deckhand
    rock_fish said:
    Which team has a goat as a mascot? 

Sad individual TTF is. Really sad. Thoughts and prayers to you and yours, TTF
    If your team carried a man purse....you might be bitter too.
  • rock_fishrock_fish Posts: 11,863 AG
    Lol! No doubt!
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,270 AG
    Not a great first half. Gators only down 6 points is the good part. I really thought Georgia was going to score at the end. If Franks can settle down and throw the ball to our receivers,  the Gators could win this one. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

Looks like fl out playing ga if it wasn't for the turnovers.
    What a goal line stand. One yard line and the Gators hold them to a field goal. If our offense was half as good as the defense, Florida would be unstoppable, 

Mini Mart Magnate

• 2amigo2amigo Posts: 5,948 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #40
    They basically stopped them like seven times at the goal line. When Mullen  gets his QB It’s going to be a different story. Franks is basically the reason Why we are losing right now. Offense  would be fine with a different QB
    The one pass by Emory Jones looked really nice. He may be he guy once Mullen works with him a little more. He is only a freshman. Franks is our biggest problem. 

Mini Mart Magnate

Well this isn’t going well for the Goaters. 🤣 Go Dawgs!’
     This is why you have no credibility on this forum. 🤣
    Good game FL.  Dawgs came thru in the 4th quarter.
    edited October 2018 #44
    I predicted Georgia would win by 14 and they won by 19. Our defense showed up and played. The secondary got beat by Georgia. Our biggest issue is a mediocre QB who makes too many mistakes and can't make the big plays.

Gators need to do what they did after the Kentucky loss, play better the rest of the season. The Gators are way better than anyone thought at the start of the season. 

2amigo said:  This is why you have no credibility on this forum. 🤣

Ignore Crunchy Critter. His team lost by 49 points, it ties a record for the worst loss ever. If Clemson hadn't taken pity and put in the third string, it would have been a lot worse. 

Mini Mart Magnate

2amigo said:
    Like I give a chit what anyone on here thinks about me🤣
    As much as you try, it seems you do care, 

But the truth is, you suck worse than your sememholes

Mini Mart Magnate

edited October 2018 #46
    2amigo said:
    Like I give a chit what anyone on here thinks about me🤣
    You apparently do. You NEED this forum. Told to me by a moderator while having drinks some years ago. For some reason you whine and cry when being banned.  That is why you create so many aliases to come back. This fact alone supports what he was saying  🤣🤣He said that Red Baron could care less when his banning ended and said he was moving on.  And you have ragged on your own Alma mater for years. So don’t act like a dawg fan now. I though that would be beneath you but I guess not. 😂🤣😂🤣
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 10,001 AG
    It was a good game to watch. 
    Lead changes. 
    Turnovers.
    TD passes.
    Goal line stand.

If the Dawgs beat Wildcats next week they'll clinch the SEC East.

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
    Georgia should win next week. Kentucky has not played as well since they lost to A&M. 

Mini Mart Magnate

My Dawgs won't beat Bama the way they played tonight.
  • SaltygatorvetSaltygatorvet TallahasseePosts: 5,808 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #50
    The better team won tonight. We will get there when we get a competent qb. I’m really pulling for him, but I don’t think he’s the guy. D was strong, hurt loosing our best corner on the first series.
    You should have been here yesterday
    edited October 2018 #51
    With just a few pieces, especially qb, we can be in the hunt over the next few years. Recruits will want to come here due to the fact there will be playing time and the coaches seem to be on the right track. FSU? That loss will hurt recruiting because THAT is a dumpster fire with apparently no direction it seems. Clemson had more trouble with lesser programs. 
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,662 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #52
    Dawgs!!!  I'm just happy to see gator fans back to reality.  Perhaps their high horse will become more like a moderate pony.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
    kellercl said:
    Dawgs!!!  I'm just happy to see gator fans back to reality.  Perhaps their high horse will become more like a moderate pony.  
    You realize Gator fans thought we would most likely lose
    this game. 
    2amigo said:
    kellercl said:
    You realize Gator fans thought we would most likely lose
    this game. 
    I wonder about his reading comprehension some times. I even posted  a score with Georgia winning. 

Mini Mart Magnate

• GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,956 Admiral

Thanks to the jorts wearing hicks from Gainesville I'm out $50. THWg!

I have a double or naught on the SEC Championship game though. I got The Tide straight up over georgia.

Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
    "Gators could win this one"

Yep, nope.  Go dawgs.  Blowout.

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,351 Admiral
    kellercl said:

Depth definitely shows, but blowout come on. You might want to refer to the other Florida school to see a blowout!
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Spineyman said:
    kellercl said:

Depth definitely shows, but blowout come on. You might want to refer to the other Florida school to see a blowout!
    I wouldn't call the Seminole game a blowout, it was worse than that.  I don't have words to describe the Seminole game, blowout is simply being to kind.

-Walter Payton
    U   G   L   Y   , they ain't got no alibi, they ugly!

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

kellercl said:

Gators led in the third quarter and kept it close until the fourth. Our lack of a good QB was the biggest issue. He makes too many mistakes and Mullen has no confidence in him. I think the biggest problem is Franks has no confidence in himself. You don't throw short on third and long unless you know your QB can't do the job. 

It was hardly a blowout. Gators could have won, but they did not. The Bulldogs won it. Give us a QB in the next year or two and we will be a force in the SEC. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am impressed with where we are as to what we had to work with. Franks is light years from where he was last year but still not able to do quick reads. Processes things too slowly and does not have the ability to place the ball where needed on a regular basis. He makes great plays and then makes several bone headed mistakes. All he needs to do is not shoot himself in the foot right now.