Home General Hunting

MINWR WORK DAY - A Big Thank You

Rich MRich M Posts: 1,326 Officer
We had the MINWR work day.  It was a success.

I want to thank the fellows who showed up, and David and Lindsay from the Refuge, for helping to make this happen.  Thanks for making it seem easy to organize stuff like this.

The guys who showed up are the cream of the crop.  We even had folks from the west coast show up to help.

Replies

• spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,214 Captain
    We need more of this!  Is everyone aware of how dependent our park systems are on volunteers??  They simply aren't staffed or funded well enough to get all the things done that everyone on here complains about.  If you don't want to be active a meetings and such, at least do something to help the cause.  Btw, lots of the other users/non-hunters do...
    So happy there was a great turnout for this!
    It's inspired me.  I'm hoping to figure out a need and hopefully recruit for similar projects at some of the places I hunt.  Trash pickups are low hanging fruit.  It's always needed and demonstrates character of the organizations and people that participate.  We could all be doing it.
  • N. CookN. Cook Posts: 2,138 Captain
    Thanks to everyone who helped...and a special thanks to Rich....the Champion of the project....Building the relationship with the MINWR Staff is important....This time last year we had just came out of  battle royal over losing hunting days at MINWR.  Fortunately resolved with no loss of hunting (Thank you USFWS management.).....UW-F recently attended the TRUST meeting with our sportsman group partners..and the USFWS, FWC and National Wildlife Refuge Association...the word "trust" is not an accident for our groups that have been meeting for over 5 years to increase hunting on Florida's NWRs...some tremendous progress is coming, especially at ARM Loxahatchee NWR, in the near future...
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    did U have her trust before she proposed the reduction in hunt days, or was this trust recently acquired. Lets not sugar coat it plz
  • Rich MRich M Posts: 1,326 Officer
    spangler said:
    We need more of this!  Is everyone aware of how dependent our park systems are on volunteers??  They simply aren't staffed or funded well enough to get all the things done that everyone on here complains about.  If you don't want to be active a meetings and such, at least do something to help the cause.  Btw, lots of the other users/non-hunters do...
    So happy there was a great turnout for this!
    It's inspired me.  I'm hoping to figure out a need and hopefully recruit for similar projects at some of the places I hunt.  Trash pickups are low hanging fruit.  It's always needed and demonstrates character of the organizations and people that participate.  We could all be doing it.
    Thanks, Kevin.  You hit the nail on the head with words and actions.

I sent you a PM.
  • woeivwoeiv Posts: 92 Greenhorn
    did U have her trust before she proposed the reduction in hunt days, or was this trust recently acquired. Lets not sugar coat it plz
    You're always on here posting negative stuff. You never contribute anything other than a stupid snide remark, and to top it all off you're a giant kook. Get a life man.
    will do... keep bending over brother eventually you'll get it
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,489 AG
    woeiv said:
    You're always on here posting negative stuff. You never contribute anything other than a stupid snide remark, and to top it all off you're a giant kook. Get a life man.
    LOL....   Nail hit directly on the head. 
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
    LOL, about as funny as shooting yourself directly in the leg
  • Walker DogWalker Dog Posts: 2,155 Captain
    That was quite the contribution BS! I'm sure it's appreciated. 
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,489 AG
    LOL, about as funny as shooting yourself directly in the leg
    You're just too dumb to know that people here already have you measured and marked.....

It was not funny nor was it *MEANT* to be....You just got told the bitter truth that people here know about you Rich..... 
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 1,942 Captain
    ^Pot meet kettle^
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • Rich MRich M Posts: 1,326 Officer
    Joe - Did I miss someone shooting someone or themselves in the leg? 

Why would anyone come on here and lay stuff out for it to get criticized?  You'll notice I stopped doing that.  

We are building a network of folks who care and will spend a day or two of their own time to do something.  That network already spans the state.  Amazing the difference guys can make when their hearts are in the right place.
  • bonebone Posts: 1,146 Officer
    Well? Is there any ducks there?  Lol
  • spanglerspangler daBurgPosts: 2,214 Captain
    Gotta love it.  Something great is done for the hunting community.  Thanks are given.  Thread devolves into a pissing match between guys that had NO involvement whatsoever.  Lame.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,097 AG
    Duck hunters infight more than any group I've ever seen in my life.
    Maybe the Junior League, haven't ever been involved in that for obvious reasons, but I can see where it might get catty there too.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.