Home Off Topic

I would like to be this is true

Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,763 AG

Vote for the other candidate

Replies

• conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,344 Admiral
    It was on the news last night so it probably is true. Good for Publix.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• hatcityhatcity Stuart,FLPosts: 3,408 Captain
    Is it another conspiracy for you JR.?
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Went to the Publix on back beach road today. Holy cow!! EVERY cash register line was in operation!!!
    never seem that before.  And they must of had 40-50 people stocking shelves. 
     I started not to go in when I saw how crowded the parking lot was but I was in and out in less than 30 minutes with a full buggy! 
     Good job Publix!
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,662 Admiral
    In Albany ga they were the only grocery open after the hurricane.  Maybe other stores will install generators now.  God bless them i guess they're use to hurricanes being a fl based store.
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,763 AG
    edited October 2018 #6
    hatcity said:
    Is it another conspiracy for you JR.?
    I sincerely hope not, but I take everything I see on the internet with a grain of salt, but it appears to be true.

https://www.wtvy.com/content/news/Publix-sends-convoy-of-trucks-with-supplies-for-Panama-City-Michael-victims-497895901.html
    Vote for the other candidate
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,871 AG
    Reread the title.  He was being existential.

Captain Todd Approves

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 33,326 AG
    Publix has the warehouses and trucks to do it. A lot of companies have to rely on third parties to handle some of it and don't have the facilities in Florida that Publix does. i bet they are diverting trucks from all over the state to the panhandle. 

I think they put generators in all their stores. I know the ones here all have generators. 

It is why they are number one in Florida. 

Good job Publix. 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• hatcityhatcity Stuart,FLPosts: 3,408 Captain
    cadman said:
    Publix has the warehouses and trucks to do it. A lot of companies have to rely on third parties to handle some of it and don't have the facilities in Florida that Publix does. i bet they are diverting trucks from all over the state to the panhandle. 

I think they put generators in all their stores. I know the ones here all have generators. 

Good job Publix. 
    a lot of them here got BIG generators after Frances wiped out everything, re-stock, then 3 weeks later, Jeanne did it all again
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • Reptile DysfunctionReptile Dysfunction LP - Edge of the Known UniversePosts: 3,301 Captain
    cadman said:

Good job Publix. 
    And easily in the top ten in the Country (if not the top five).
    "If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free" - P. J. O'Rourke
  • Billy No MatesBilly No Mates Posts: 3,191 Captain
    Good for Publix! But I still don't shop there.
  • stc1993stc1993 Albany, GA Carrabelle, FLPosts: 7,662 Admiral
    I like the sushi Wednesday's.
    $5 for 8 pieces all different kinds.