Does anyone have any experience with the perception pescador pro?

FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 963 Officer
I have been kayak fishing since I was 11. I have been using a perception 11.5 and its been an amazing kayak. However I am 22 and its falling apart and components have been broken and are breaking. I love perceptions because they are very tough and durable. I dropped mine off of the top of my car at 40mph and I thiink it did more damage to the road then my kayak. So I am looking at the perception pescador pro. Anyone have any experience with it? Stability, fishability, tracking, you know the whole shabang. 
If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 

Replies

• Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,300 Officer
    I don't have the pro just the plain one and I've been in much more stable kayaks.  My buddy has a Dagger Roam that I use when he meets me and I really like it.  However it's over twice the cost of the pescador.  I use my kayak for river fishing and go down lots of class 2 rapids in N Georgia.
  • jawrayjawray Posts: 286 Deckhand
    I have the pro and love it. its fast for a 34 inch wide kayak. However, the new regular Pescador has the same dimensions as the pro, just not the seat and its $300 dollars less. You could always find a seat that fits.
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 963 Officer
    @jawray How stable is it? Can you stand on it?
    If youre going to burn a bridge, dont just burn it, use C4 and make a statement. 
  • jawrayjawray Posts: 286 Deckhand
    You can stand but the hull is not shaped like others for standing. 
  • FlatsMatt96FlatsMatt96 ChuluotaPosts: 963 Officer
    @jawray Do you feel comfortable standing like can you pole with your paddle comfortably?

• Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,300 Officer
    I have a fishing buddy that stands in a Ocean Kayak Caper all the time and he has stood in my Pescador but says it's less stable.  The only thing I've tried that I can stand up in is a Coosa, but I'm not sure footed anymore, old.
  • krashkrash Posts: 620 Officer
    I stand all the time on my paddleboard, also stand in the Native U12 all the time sight fishing, can also stand in the solo canoe but it's sketchy on it to stop and change from paddle or push-pole to fishing rod to make a quiet quick cast.
    Old Fugger who just likes to fish