FPI 10/18

GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 554 Officer
Went out today to about 16 miles.  Had a bunch of activity, some cobia by the shrimp boats and a few bonitas.   The problem was the bull sharks, I lost 8+ fish to them.  I got some in the boat but must ended up being the sharks breakfast/lunch.  At least there was some activity......

Replies

• blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 198 Deckhand
    Thanks for the report Garysmo. Sorry you had to contend with the taxman. Better luck next time. 
  • GarysmoGarysmo Ft. Pierce, FloridaPosts: 554 Officer
    yeah the bull sharks were crazy.  I had one cobia that I fought for 30 mins before the bull got him.  I pulled in only the head, it was a big cobia.  30+lbs and he ate it in one bite.
  • Rosco62Rosco62 Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    Time to up your tackle if you want to catch them. 
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,050 Officer
    80 pound test and 50 pounds of drag. Try opening your bail next time the bull is after him. We were out there to. Once we got our limit of one fish we leave and go bottom fishing.
    Went out again today but there were no cobia only got a couple of sharks.  Fun to catch but didn't load the cooler.  I did some trolling got some cudas and lost a big king fish - he straightened the hook and got off.  The wind and waves made it a sloppy day but still had a good day.
  • blakhawkdocblakhawkdoc Posts: 198 Deckhand
    I was  hoping to get offshore on Saturday but not sure the weather is going to cooperate with me. Thanks for the report Gary.
    I was  hoping to get offshore on Saturday but not sure the weather is going to cooperate with me. Thanks for the report Gary.
    Hey Mike, I replied to your other post about the red tide.  I haven't check the weather but it was real sloppy yesterday.  About 3.5 ft at 5 seconds and a strong north wide.  We got wet.  Didn't catch a lot.  Some big sharks by the shrimp boats and lost a big king fish on the way in.  He straightened out a 7/0 hook and said "see ya later"