Home Off Topic

Global warming: Now I'm worried!

2»

Replies

• TarponatorTarponator Under a BridgePosts: 17,011 AG
    Low IQ individuals who don't understand science call it agenda driven.  Generally because of their own agendas and/or a lack of knowledge on the subject matter.

It is a provable fact that more carbon dioxide in our atmosphere leads to higher temperatures.  It is a provable fact that humans are adding inordinate amounts of carbon dioxide into our atmosphere.  Therefore it is a fact that humans are causing the globe to warm, and there is factual evidence all around us that supports this conclusion -- yet many still deny these scientific facts and provable conclusions.

Low IQ individuals deny these facts or make up diversinary excuses like "weather goes back and forth" or "look at all that snow on the ground" or "it's just those scientists following their agendas" -- because they are ignorant of the real science behind it and are just aping agenda-based arguments fed to them by those who don't like the conclusions of science.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,853 AG
    Low IQ = Faithless.  Preach on preacher man!  They must repent from their carbon sins or forever be cast into a fiery hell!

Captain Todd Approves

edited October 2018 #34
    Not really.   But their world will continue to get warmer...unless they similarly deny the science behind the thermometer.
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 11,752 AG
    Tarp is pretty preachy. Is he secretly L Ron Hubbard?
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 4,038 Captain
    Do the low IQ people understand the amount of CO2 we are talking about?   In PPM, ( a little scientific lingo)  the CO2 in the atmosphere is pretty low.  The volcanos this year have probably produced more CO2 than the humans this year.  If you look at volcanic eruptions you will see they follow a cyclical pattern of eruption thus producing cyclical changes in the atmospheric CO2 levels.  
    This is all a distraction so Algore and his buddies can make money selling carbon credits.........don't be fooled. 
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

"2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
  • kellerclkellercl Posts: 6,662 Admiral
    edited October 2018 #37
    You can actually determine the amount of fossil fuel co2 versus natural in the atmosphere via snif nmr using deuterium degradation in materials.  The flavor industry uses it for natural verification along with age verification on a routine basis, specifically for wines and cassia distillates.  I'm surprised nobody has done this, it would work.  I'm guessing it has not been done because neither side really wants to lay this issue to rest with irrefutable data.  

“When you're good at something, you'll tell everyone. When you're great at something, they'll tell you.”

-Walter Payton
  • frankfrank Posts: 13,292 AG
    I'm going to get some beer while I can still afford it.
    Frank is in charge until I get back.
    are you back yet? 
    i’m not responsible for any messes 
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,446 AG
    edited October 2018 #39
    kellercl said:
    You can actually determine the amount of fossil fuel co2 versus natural in the atmosphere via snif nmr using deuterium degradation in materials.  The flavor industry uses it for natural verification along with age verification on a routine basis, specifically for wines and cassia distillates.  I'm surprised nobody has done this, it would work.  I'm guessing it has not been done because neither side really wants to lay this issue to rest with irrefutable data.  
    I'm sure it's been done but unfortunately by the side that wants us to believe otherwise.
    Whichever one that may be!
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
    edited October 2018 #40
    If you choose to remain ignorant, don't blame it on anyone but yourself.

The amount of manmade CO2 is relatively well known:

As is the % of CO2 that's manmade versus natural:  roughly 3% -- a small portion.

Of course, the real problem is we're adding roughly 1% more than what the natural environment can absorb, and reducing the amount of the world that can absorb it with each passing year, with the result being that CO2 is the highest it's been in more than a million years, with no signs of slowing down.

Because argue all you want, deny all you want, but you can't get past these data points:

Or this trend:

But more than a few people seem to simply ignore them. 

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,078 Admiral
    Sooo , In Summary..The Erf heats up and the Erf cools down.
    winning..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,294 Captain
    Oh boy some more charts.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,329 Admiral
    dave44 said:
    Tarp is pretty preachy. Is he secretly L Ron Hubbard?
    No I think he is Thomas Dolby

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,446 AG
    It'll take care of itself eventually.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.

Gary S said:
    Oh boy some more charts.
    Is this more your speed?

Or would you prefer crayon?  :)
    p.s. great song, conchy.  I liked Shock the Monkey even more.
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,823 Admin
    Science!
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • mustang190mustang190 Posts: 10,104 AG
    Good, maybe then brewers will stop dumping it in those god awful IPAs that everyone finds so trendy to drink right now.   Awful.  
    I agree. Pumpkin beer? Gag!
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 12,853 AG
    More for me.  No one is pulling those Coors light from your clammy hands and replacing it with a craft beer.  :D 

Captain Todd Approves